Questions about Nathema Conspiracy

kukumburr

1) Does the story here actually have any connection to the Uprisings? They use different terms like 'conclave' and 'revenant' and seemed to be a bit more of a bigger conspiracy than some guy just trying to get revenge.

2) What was the deal with Valss' vision from Copero? Did he legitimately have a vision of the Order winning, or Theron betraying the Order and winning, or what? Why did Theron even need to find the map on Copero if Gemini 16 told Vinn Atrius where Zildrog was anyways? Or did Gemini join after Theron?

3) Did Lana forget we had the 'spy on everyone' talk on Iokath and not Odessen?

4) So who was the cloaked person on Iokath that electrocuted us? Was that Theron or someone else? Vinn Atrius blames Theron for us siding with one of the factions, so was bringing them all there solely Theron's idea or was it the Order's but Theron wasn't supposed to let us get allies? Who was Acina's trusted source that told her the throne was safe? Were Acina's and Malcom's thrones sabotaged purposely by Theron or the Order? I mean really I think I just need a total breakdown of what happened on Iokath now.

I enjoyed the story for the most part but just trying to piece everything together.

1) Does the story here actually have any connection to the Uprisings? They use different terms like 'conclave' and 'revenant' and seemed to be a bit more of a bigger conspiracy than some guy just trying to get revenge.

2) What was the deal with Valss' vision from Copero? Did he legitimately have a vision of the Order winning, or Theron betraying the Order and winning, or what? Why did Theron even need to find the map on Copero if Gemini 16 told Vinn Atrius where Zildrog was anyways? Or did Gemini join after Theron?

4) So who was the cloaked person on Iokath that electrocuted us? Was that Theron or someone else? Vinn Atrius blames Theron for us siding with one of the factions, so was bringing them all there solely Theron's idea or was it the Order's but Theron wasn't supposed to let us get allies? Who was Acina's trusted source that told her the throne was safe? Were Acina's and Malcom's thrones sabotaged purposely by Theron or the Order? I mean really I think I just need a total breakdown of what happened on Iokath now.

I enjoyed the story for the most part but just trying to piece everything together.

1. If you're trying to maintain secrecy for your organization, are you going to tell potential recruits what it is really called? Or are you going to give them names like "Conclave," "Revenent," "Society of Scary Mask People," etc.?

2. Considering Valss died on Copero by our hand, whatever happened in his dream/vision died with him. We will never know because he didn't tell us the whole story.

3. Good catch. Very good catch.

4. Definitely seems that Theron never did anything exactly according to plan to the satisfaction of the other conspirators--how could he? It was obvious that he was the "juniorest" member of the conspiracy.

2 - I think Valss' vision, as I suspected at the time, showed Theron and the Alliance defeating Zildrog and mostly, 'sucessfully' uncovering this plot which is why Valss' was ready to die, knowing there were bigger things at stake if Theron should fail. But that's conjecture and my opinion.

3 - I wondered the exact same thing while playing. I watched that recording, Lana's comment and thought "Uh, that was on Iokath blondie...' lol.

4 - Yes, I want more information about Iokath. Theron says it was his doing, to get himself an audience with Vinn making it sound like the entire fiasco was his very own initiative. I need more details on that and, not to mention, if that is the case then he himself is indirectly responsible for his father's death (depending on player choices). That's gotta sting?

As for the Gemini droid, for now I am assuming she knew where Zildrog was (aka the physical being of the Gravestone) but not where his mind was in order to activate the Gravestone.

2 - I think Valss' vision, as I suspected at the time, showed Theron and the Alliance defeating Zildrog and mostly, 'sucessfully' uncovering this plot which is why Valss' was ready to die, knowing there were bigger things at stake if Theron should fail. But that's conjecture and my opinion.

3 - I wondered the exact same thing while playing. I watched that recording, Lana's comment and thought "Uh, that was on Iokath blondie...' lol.

4 - Yes, I want more information about Iokath. Theron says it was his doing, to get himself an audience with Vinn making it sound like the entire fiasco was his very own initiative. I need more details on that and, not to mention, if that is the case then he himself is indirectly responsible for his father's death (depending on player choices). That's gotta sting?

As for the Gemini droid, for now I am assuming she knew where Zildrog was (aka the physical being of the Gravestone) but not where his mind was in order to activate the Gravestone.

Your number 4 was kind of answered in a letter from Lana. She mentions that Theron isn't sleeping much and is drinking more than usual. At the time I thought he DID feel responsible for his father's death. Now, we know he led everyone there on his own, so he actually was, in a sense.

I, too have a wall-o-text of questions and observations. I hope you don't mind I lay them out there instead of making a new thread.

For starters, people who are praising "fantastic story"? I don't get them, unless they a) don't mind things making no sense as long as they look pretty (and that's one pretty FP. Kind of like a Bethesda RPG - so very pretty, but so stupid and shallow), b) never played any of original stories before (Oh Alexander Freed, where art thou?), c) are really, really into Theron (or rather romantic fanfiction version of him). Because not only that thing isn't making much sense, it has no connection with previous FPs, although they're supposed to be parts of the same story.

Umbara. Why did the Ponytail Dude need Adegan crystals anyway? They're for lightsabers and stealth ships. I'ts unlikely Zildo would've needed either. If Adegan crystals have other uses it was not mentioned anywhere.

Copero. I hope next piece of character development shows Theron sinking deeper and deeper into bottle to drown his guilt over causing almost full annihilation of the House Inrokini for no good reason at all (and for frying his old man on Iokath). Gemini 69 could not have joined the cult after him because he mentions she's constantly spying on them and that's why he had to "betray" the Alliance. And speaking of that -- "Hey Commander, I really don't want them to kill you so I will attempt to kill you myself! With a train! What could go wrong?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And what's the deal with Valss? DId he belong to the cult? If yes, what could possibly motivate a member of Chiss Ascendancy to hate Alliance enough to join the silly cult? If no, why was he so eager to throw his life away? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nathema itself. What caused people as different as Darths Baras, Mortis and Ravage, Masters Sumalee and Kiwiiks, Shara Jenn, SIS chief and many others catch the same virus of stupid and get lured into trap that could not have been more obvious if Admiral Ackbar ran circles round them shouting his famous words into the megaphone? Ugh. For me those cameos were the lowest point in after-KOTET story.

Why was Ponytail Dude such a chump? Why was Zildo itself such a chump? Why did Theron think those two chumps could take a person who exorcised tremendously powerful eldritch abomination out of their heads by sheer force of willpower? Not to mention that dismantling ridiculously increasing in scope superweapons were kind of a routine job for the most - if not all - player character classes, why is this one different?

Why Lana and Theron had extended scenes of varying cheesiness (Theron's scenes alone could provide enough material to bake Quattro Formaggi pizzas for entire Odessen garrison, including Dr Lokin's rakghouls), but none of original love interests bothered to even write a letter, like they did afer Umbarra? Oh, and Koth who? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...okay, I probably should stop, because the more I think about the Iokath story chapter the less I like it, including in retrospective. One good thing comes out of it all, though -- I don't have any expectations for whatever comes next.

I, too have a wall-o-text of questions and observations. I hope you don't mind I lay them out there instead of making a new thread.

For starters, people who are praising "fantastic story"? I don't get them, unless they a) don't mind things making no sense as long as they look pretty (and that's one pretty FP. Kind of like a Bethesda RPG - so very pretty, but so stupid and shallow), b) never played any of original stories before (Oh Alexander Freed, where art thou?), c) are really, really into Theron (or rather romantic fanfiction version of him). Because not only that thing isn't making much sense, it has no connection with previous FPs, although they're supposed to be parts of the same story.

Umbara. Why did the Ponytail Dude need Adegan crystals anyway? They're for lightsabers and stealth ships. I'ts unlikely Zildo would've needed either. If Adegan crystals have other uses it was not mentioned anywhere.

Copero. I hope next piece of character development shows Theron sinking deeper and deeper into bottle to drown his guilt over causing almost full annihilation of the House Inrokini for no good reason at all (and for frying his old man on Iokath). Gemini 69 could not have joined the cult after him because he mentions she's constantly spying on them and that's why he had to "betray" the Alliance. And speaking of that -- "Hey Commander, I really don't want them to kill you so I will attempt to kill you myself! With a train! What could go wrong?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And what's the deal with Valss? DId he belong to the cult? If yes, what could possibly motivate a member of Chiss Ascendancy to hate Alliance enough to join the silly cult? If no, why was he so eager to throw his life away? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nathema itself. What caused people as different as Darths Baras, Mortis and Ravage, Masters Sumalee and Kiwiiks, Shara Jenn, SIS chief and many others catch the same virus of stupid and get lured into trap that could not have been more obvious if Admiral Ackbar ran circles round them shouting his famous words into the megaphone? Ugh. For me those cameos were the lowest point in after-KOTET story.

Why was Ponytail Dude such a chump? Why was Zildo itself such a chump? Why did Theron think those two chumps could take a person who exorcised tremendously powerful eldritch abomination out of their heads by sheer force of willpower? Not to mention that dismantling ridiculously increasing in scope superweapons were kind of a routine job for the most - if not all - player character classes, why is this one different?

Why Lana and Theron had extended scenes of varying cheesiness (Theron's scenes alone could provide enough material to bake Quattro Formaggi pizzas for entire Odessen garrison, including Dr Lokin's rakghouls), but none of original love interests bothered to even write a letter, like they did afer Umbarra? Oh, and Koth who? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...okay, I probably should stop, because the more I think about the Iokath story chapter the less I like it, including in retrospective. One good thing comes out of it all, though -- I don't have any expectations for whatever comes next.

:D:D:D:D that just made my day , Thanx!