Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 3rd, 2018

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kurj
05.02.2018 , 02:52 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
I don't recall reading that but it's information I'd love to see because otherwise the numbers are a joke.
This is the post I was thinking of: (Edit: He says they are base values in the spoiler section)

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

With the 5.8a Conquest changes out the door, let’s talk about what we have planned for 5.9. We hope to address concerns over the viability of completing Conquests on alts, points for crafting, and ability to run Operations more frequently. We are going to address this through a few different changes:
  • Increasing points gains for Objectives for repeatable and daily repeatable Objectives.
  • An additional buff for GSF, Warzone, and Flashpoint Participation Objectives.
    • The “Play a Flashpoint” Objective is being changed to “Play a Flashpoint or Uprising.”
  • The “Kill X Enemies” Daily Objective will now be split into three Objectives. Kill 50 / 100 / 150. Additionally, progress on this Objective will not reset everyday (if you killed 40 enemies, it won’t reset back to 0).
  • We are going to introduce a new repeatable Daily Objective for completing 3 and 5 Activity Finder Activities (FP, Op, WZ, GSF, Uprising).
  • We are introducing a new Daily Repeatable Objective to “Defeat the Final Boss in an Operation.”
  • We are introducing a new repeatable Objective for “Craft 50 items."
    • This Objective gives another path for crafters to earn points and is also a mechanism for characters of any level to participate. We will monitor the number of items required to craft closely and will make changes in the future if it is too high, or too low.

The goal of these changes is that if you complete the bigger value one-time Objectives on a given character, you have a lot more ability to earn points via repeatable Objectives. Not only are there more Objectives to work towards, they are worth more points as well. One of our goals is to encourage that you play multiple types of content and so that will always remain the most optimal path to Conquest points. However, these changes will allow a player to more easily get their Conquest points even if they just play one type of content on repeat.

As always, keep your feedback coming! We will continue to monitor the state of Conquests and make changes as needed. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Detailed breakdown of changes:
Spoiler

PS - Usual disclaimer that these could change prior to 5.9, but I will let you know of any updates I hear.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Exly
05.02.2018 , 05:16 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
What do you think, guys? Will those new numbers make everything great again?

OK, I am intrigued. The "Guild Member What" and "The Hot What"? The two key words are missing here.
The new numbers are an insult. They are only slightly better than the abysmal numbers that they introduced with update 5.8, and are proof that they have intentionally made the game more of a grind, and less fun to play.

Quraswren
05.02.2018 , 06:32 PM | #43
Thats good to know and something to look over tomorrow but I still feel Exly is right given the grind for alts with what was said below.

Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
The new numbers are an insult. They are only slightly better than the abysmal numbers that they introduced with update 5.8, and are proof that they have intentionally made the game more of a grind, and less fun to play.
I have no doubt our players will already be pissed the points get reset because of biowares inability on the matter but if alt play is as damaged as it has been then what bioware is doing is still a screw up for not seeing it and fixing it. Encourage your players to make alt after alt only to then screw them over in playing those alts.

Guess we will see tomorrow how competent bioware is.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Rebamcfan
05.02.2018 , 11:05 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
This is great news.
I agree. I never got to do the intro missions for these places so this is very good news.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Glocko
05.03.2018 , 02:55 AM | #45
The one thing I had really hoped they would change their minds on

Nobody wanted new AUGS. Why..... why add to a horrible grind... I have to unsubscribe I am at a point where I just won’t grind anymore. 80% of the people I play with didn’t even grind for the last Aug upgrade. As the gap widens in AUGS we lose more casuals. It is ludicrous when you think about it....the previous AUGS are selling for 3 million so you would need 40 million plus to gear a toon. Now new AUGS...... Why on earth would they do this. The game is hanging on by a thread so why implement something that will reduce population by 20-30%.

It is one thing to make a hard decision on a class balance issue when you may upset 10-20% of the players, it is something else when you make a change that impacts 100% of the player base. I am not going to grind in a MMO that is months away from maintenance mode. If I am going to grind I will invest that time in a MMO that will be around in a year. I need to go chop some trees....

translucentwolf
05.03.2018 , 04:35 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Glocko View Post
The one thing I had really hoped they would change their minds on

Nobody wanted new AUGS. Why..... why add to a horrible grind... I have to unsubscribe I am at a point where I just won’t grind anymore. 80% of the people I play with didn’t even grind for the last Aug upgrade. As the gap widens in AUGS we lose more casuals. It is ludicrous when you think about it....the previous AUGS are selling for 3 million so you would need 40 million plus to gear a toon. Now new AUGS...... Why on earth would they do this. The game is hanging on by a thread so why implement something that will reduce population by 20-30%.

It is one thing to make a hard decision on a class balance issue when you may upset 10-20% of the players, it is something else when you make a change that impacts 100% of the player base. I am not going to grind in a MMO that is months away from maintenance mode. If I am going to grind I will invest that time in a MMO that will be around in a year. I need to go chop some trees....
Last year's car will still probably get you where you're going. You don't have to buy a new car every year.

Enjoy the trees.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

DocDAM
05.03.2018 , 05:25 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
With regard to the droid, I am guessing you do pick up more power that is laying on the ground and you have given the power to the droid and you have targeted the droid before you attempt it.
I've run into that same bug twice (can't feed the ziost droid power cells). Only solution I found was to exit instance and restart it from the beginning. Since then, I just make sure I don't get too far ahead of him when he's about to run empty.
My Refer a Friend link here. [Rules and Rewards]

ServerDroid
05.03.2018 , 10:20 AM | #48 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

All SWTOR servers are once again available. Thank you for your patience.

Deathsus
05.03.2018 , 12:08 PM | #49
Eric. Thank you for listening to players concerns. The improvements in this patch are definitely a step in the right direction to improving play in the various aspects of the game. For those who enjoy playing one aspect more than another we can still have an opportunity to gain conquest and will improve our small guild's chance at accomplishing conquest as well. Well done! Please continue to examine additional ways to increase ways to increase the incentive to play all the wonderful facets of the game.It makes justifying playing more and therefore subscribing. As a side note - Please, PLEASE take action against the hackers in WZ's and GSF. I for one have stopped playing them (though I used to really enjoy them) because of the frequency of hacking since the consolidation of server, just makes it totally frustrating

Thank you again

Deathsus

translucentwolf
05.03.2018 , 01:40 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Glocko View Post
I have to unsubscribe ..... As the gap widens in AUGS we lose more casuals .... I need to go chop some trees....
Casuals don't worry about augs.

Enjoy the trees.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.