Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Release Date for Game Update 5.9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Release Date for Game Update 5.9
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
04.27.2018 , 02:57 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

One key learning this past year is not to release a Game Update if its not ready. We pushed really hard to be ready for next Tuesday, but we uncovered a couple of items we want resolved. To do that, we need a bit more time including this weekend to make sure our fixes are solid and ensure you have the highest quality play experience possible.

We decided to give ourselves an extra couple days and release Game Update 5.9: The Nathema Conspiracy on Thursday, May 3, 2018. Just in time for May the 4th!

Also, we will be providing a minor update on May 22 (Game Update 5.9.1) which includes the Nar Shaddaa Night Life event. Im also working on a new Roadmap that provides you with all the details of our upcoming Summer events and overall direction for the remainder of this year. Ill keep you updated on progress and let you know when well post it on our website.

Thanks for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Costello
04.27.2018 , 03:03 PM | #3
Didn't it already get delayed a week from the original schedule?

At some point its just a given that whatever date that is said is not going to happen.

JennyFlynn
04.27.2018 , 03:05 PM | #4
Thanks Keith, for the head's up. I'd oddly anticipated this but I'd rather wait than deal with issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Also, we will be providing a minor update on May 22 (Game Update 5.9.1) which includes the Nar Shaddaa Night Life event. Im also working on a new Roadmap that provides you with all the details of our upcoming Summer events and overall direction for the remainder of this year. Ill keep you updated on progress and let you know when well post it on our website.
Does the above, the Roadmap part, mean the Summer RM will cover an Autumn/Winter Roadmap too or just a few highlights of what's to come while we can still expect a separate Roadmap for Autumn/Winter?

Good to hear, though. I look forward to the new Roadmap. Do you have an estimate for when that Summer Roadmap will be posted? You know, before everyone cries "It's so very Summer that I'm sweating my nuts off but where is the Roadmap?!?! Oh my God DOOM!!!11111".

Have a good weekend!
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

ExarSun
04.27.2018 , 03:05 PM | #5
Nice strategy...now you will feel you wont have to do anything for May the 4th...update that should have been released months ago according to the winter roadmap is released on May 3rd instead...there is your content, stop whining...right...right....

RikuvonDrake
04.27.2018 , 03:10 PM | #6
Could be worse

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

BlueShiftRecall
04.27.2018 , 03:14 PM | #7
Slightly surprised it wasn't actually released on the 4th, only because then that would have been Saturday here in my time and I don't work then so I could have waited and played as soon as it was released.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

MikeCobalt
04.27.2018 , 03:14 PM | #8
Well thanks for the "Heads Up". Its a Bitter Pill but better then not taking it at all. A few more days to get a "Polished Product" is better in the end then a "Work in Progress" earlier.

peter_plankskull
04.27.2018 , 03:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
It is better to take a few days extra and release a working version.

Cheers !
This^. Don't worry Keith, you picked the right choice here, better to make sure it's solid and enjoyable so it doesn't sour the experience to people who did it in his bugged inception.

Just by chance.... will we get anything special for May the 4th? and any new rewards from the Night Life event?

Thanks for the update.

LordTurin
04.27.2018 , 03:20 PM | #10
Does this mean the time to kill Izax is also extended?
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB