Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

These Are NOT the Items I Purchased - Time to Move Along?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
These Are NOT the Items I Purchased - Time to Move Along?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.16.2018 , 01:00 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
This is getting funny. I'm not the one color blind (and I wouldn't mock someone who was). The knees are red bruh - let me be clear - the back of the knee, just as in the outfit designer. If you can't see that, there's nothing anyone here can do to help you. I'm going off your own screenshots.
I think it is pretty clear now that we are being trolled here. No matter what someone posts.. he has an immediate comeback to try to refute any statement.

Time to flush the thread I think.. since none of us can help him and he is clearly spoiling for a drama at a minimum and a fight on the high end.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Joonbeams's Avatar


Joonbeams
04.16.2018 , 02:05 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I think it is pretty clear now that we are being trolled here. No matter what someone posts.. he has an immediate comeback to try to refute any statement.

Time to flush the thread I think.. since none of us can help him and he is clearly spoiling for a drama at a minimum and a fight on the high end.
Yep. Guy comes in with a generic complaint (no info on the outfit name, or steps taken). When people ask for screenshots (not to doubt, but to help troubleshoot), he says no. Then when suggestions are offered - still unclear what the issue is - he chastises the suggestions and the posters.

All to find out in the end that the product works exactly as advertised. So yeah, I would say I've had better use of time than this...

Myriandore's Avatar


Myriandore
04.17.2018 , 01:14 AM | #33
You last 2 have cognitive deficits?
Have I said the colour at the BACK of the knees was an issue?
No.
I said my issue was:
Whether you apply a colour dye or not, trousers are different from the simulator (dressing window on the right) to the real article (what I wear).

In other words...
If you were less busy flaming and more observing, you'd see the only difference is the PATCH ON THE FRONT.

FYI they're called Tythian Disciple's Greaves - which still changes nothing to the fact that on the simulator the front is a plain dark grey ish and when worn, with a gross patch. Geddit?

New screenies without colour dye for those last 2 posters.
https://imgur.com/7EwmKCU
https://imgur.com/lGamn2R

Joonbeams's Avatar


Joonbeams
04.17.2018 , 02:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Myriandore View Post
You last 2 have cognitive deficits?
Have I said the colour at the BACK of the knees was an issue?
No.
I said my issue was:
Whether you apply a colour dye or not, trousers are different from the simulator (dressing window on the right) to the real article (what I wear).

In other words...
If you were less busy flaming and more observing, you'd see the only difference is the PATCH ON THE FRONT.

FYI they're called Tythian Disciple's Greaves - which still changes nothing to the fact that on the simulator the front is a plain dark grey ish and when worn, with a gross patch. Geddit?

New screenies without colour dye for those last 2 posters.
https://imgur.com/7EwmKCU
https://imgur.com/lGamn2R
Cognitive deficits? Color blind? This is what you call people and expect to be taken seriously? I said I wouldn't respond, but now you're also being dishonest and I can't let that slide. First, you took down the original screenshots you posted.* I wonder why? Is it because they show that the pants behave exactly as they're supposed to - showing the color in the appearance window is the same as the color on your toon? In other words, showing that this allegation is false:

Quote: Originally Posted by Myriandore View Post
To the guy above - No. On the simulator the knees are black as per my screenies whether or not you use the colour matching option. I posted both situations so your comment is not only flawed, it's also redundant. Take care.
It's also very clear that now, you tried to manipulate the screenshot by changing the outfit designer but not refreshing the preview window - a seriously lame effort. (You can also see that in the outfit designer which shows that the color changed to all black when you unified colors but was two-toned before - this also completely negates your original complaint because the outfit designer is showing the outfit as it appears on your toon anyway).

* Because I suspected you might try to be manipulative, I saved a copy of the screenshot you posted earlier which clearly shows that the pants are not all black, but rather two-toned (appearing red here, but could be brown) both on your toon and in the preview - as expected, and as you bargained for. You just were unable to see it.

Myriandore's Avatar


Myriandore
04.17.2018 , 03:24 AM | #35
Joonbeams... WOW.
You outdo yourself in the ridiculous.

The pants I wear (with square patches on legs) are the exact same pants that the simulator shows without patches (window to the right).
I simply took more screenies to demonstrate that the patch appears regardless of colour dyes or clickable colour matching options.

How hard is that to understand?


Don't try and manipulate this to make it about you and satisfy some ego trip pride.
Less acting up victimised > more objectivity pls.
I can't help it that you confuse issues.
This is NOT about colour, this is NOT about colour at the back of the knees as you invented...

It's about items looking drastically different from the simulator to > being worn.
Simple.

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
04.17.2018 , 06:29 AM | #36
A couple questions.

The pants and boots are not part of the Alliance Recon set. It would be helpful to know exactly what pants and boots those are. Sometimes, the :kneepad effect is actually part of the boots and not the pants.

I already mentioned in my first reply in this thread that preview window doesn't accurately represent what you will end up with. It's been like that the whole time. It can be a bit annoying. But the actual items are working as expected. Only the preview window is misrepresenting the items.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.17.2018 , 09:02 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
* Because I suspected you might try to be manipulative, I saved a copy of the screenshot you posted earlier which clearly shows that the pants are not all black, but rather two-toned (appearing red here, but could be brown) both on your toon and in the preview - as expected, and as you bargained for. You just were unable to see it.
Pwned!

Subsequent posts since my last comment by the OP ratify the fact that he is spoiling for some forum PvP and will troll to get it. He has now resorted to name calling and pejoratives..... so off to my /ignore list with him.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

CommunityDroidEN's Avatar


CommunityDroidEN
04.17.2018 , 12:39 PM | #38 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi All,

Thanks to all those attempting to troubleshoot the OPs issue.

For returns, disputes, or general support questions please visit our Customer Service forums for assistance.

Happy Posting,
CommunitySupport