Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MikeCobalt
04.16.2018 , 05:06 AM | #531
In these last weeks they haven't *Communicated or atleast Posted acknowledgments enough about anything to seem like they really care. Conquest is a Big one but not the only New Problem and so far there has only been a few "Keep the feedback coming". One way statements are not communication.

olagatonjedi
04.16.2018 , 07:54 AM | #532
Conquest remains very fun. In fact, I finished my weekly conquest goal and didn't take any initiative at all. Every point I got this week was from either groupfinder or seeing others forming up groups or ops in chat. When I wasn't engaged in those, I simply did my own non-conquest activities.

Stellarcrusade
04.16.2018 , 08:11 AM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Conquest remains very fun. In fact, I finished my weekly conquest goal and didn't take any initiative at all. Every point I got this week was from either groupfinder or seeing others forming up groups or ops in chat. When I wasn't engaged in those, I simply did my own non-conquest activities.
Well we must all be doing something wrong then... Can I assume you got your conquest on 6 alts also?

If not, you do not understand the problem.

EricMusco
04.16.2018 , 08:46 AM | #534 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Just to ease any concerns, we are still reading the thread and we hear your feedback. As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns. Once 5.9 is out the door we will continue to look to your feedback, along with Conquest data, to see what additional changes might need to be made.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

masterceil
04.16.2018 , 08:50 AM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Just to ease any concerns, we are still reading the thread and we hear your feedback. As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns. Once 5.9 is out the door we will continue to look to your feedback, along with Conquest data, to see what additional changes might need to be made.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thanks for the update, though I also wish they'd come more frequently.

Can you tell us if the changes you listed in the OP of this thread are still applicable? Is this all-inclusive as well (nothing else will be changing)?

Specifically, one concern I have is with the Flashpoint Havoc Conquest Event that just ended. Is it really a deliberate action on yall's part to exclude points from SM/VM Flashpoints, and basic completion of MM FPs? That strikes me as a huge oversight, and particularly punishing for more casual players that can't (or won't) do MM FP bonus bosses...
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

PorsaLindahl
04.16.2018 , 09:13 AM | #536
Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric
It's....alive!

I, for one, still feel that those proposed points in your original post...

Detailed breakdown of changes:
Spoiler

PS - Usual disclaimer that these could change prior to 5.9, but I will let you know of any updates I hear.
... are still too low.
  • Warzones and GSF should be 250 points per match.
  • Flashpoints and Uprisings should be a minimum of 500 points.
  • Final operation boss, if kept at once per day/per legacy, should be significantly higher. 825 points is a pittance. It doesn't give me any incentive at all to do Ops.
  • Craft 50 items for 120 points? Seriously? I wouldn't craft grafts for that poor amount of points. Maybe 10 or 20, but not 50 items.

DarthSpuds
04.16.2018 , 11:28 AM | #537
Hey folks,
SNIP
-eric
With respect Eric, Bioware's official stance on the Conquest changes was to make it "more diverse, more fun, more inclusive, more rewarding"; you FAILED on every single one of those goals.

So why should be be mollified by
As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns.
?

Based on current performance metrics 5.9 will make things worse, not better.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Lhancelot
04.16.2018 , 11:41 AM | #538
I think you conquest masters need to address your questions to Charles or Keith now, seeing Eric is AFK for a few weeks and said that both of them would be handling communication to the forums.
If you care about the future of this game, please read this post by Joonbeams.
A "Ludicrous and Limited" Path to Tier 5 (a.k.a. the Case for Bolster to 258)
BW/EA, you will lose more players if you continue to punish PVP and alts.

Toraak
04.16.2018 , 11:41 AM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
It's....alive!

I, for one, still feel that those proposed points in your original post...

... are still too low.
  • Final operation boss, if kept at once per day/per legacy, should be significantly higher. 825 points is a pittance. It doesn't give me any incentive at all to do Ops.
  • Craft 50 items for 120 points? Seriously? I wouldn't craft grafts for that poor amount of points. Maybe 10 or 20, but not 50 items.
1) PvP, and GSF should be 500 (before the 150% bonus,
2) FP's and Uprisings 500-750 (before bonus)
3) Operations should be once per character per day. (anything else is unacceptable) and this is coming from someone who never once did lockouts. I'd say make the Operation be fully completed however. To get credit you must kill every boss in the operation.
4) craft 50 items, i'd have to see how it works to determine the points on it. If it's just craft bonded attachments or the like 120 seems fine, if it's crafting something that costs more mats + time it'll have to be increased
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Stellarcrusade
04.16.2018 , 11:57 AM | #540
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
To correct you:
- Warzones and GSF shold be 429 points per match, which scales to 1073 with the 150% bonus - thus producing 15022 in 14 matches. (of course if there is a payout for the weekly that can reduce the payouts a tish).