Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: April 10th, 2018

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: April 10th, 2018
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.06.2018 , 04:04 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, April 10th for some back-end maintenance. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 10 April 2018
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

omaan
04.06.2018 , 04:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, April 10th for some back-end maintenance. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 10 April 2018
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
4 hours for back-end maintenance with no changes? Lol

IzumiCurtis
04.06.2018 , 08:03 PM | #3
Those must be some very tired hamsters being given a nap/replaced. Poor hamsters.
Need a referral? Click the following link! http://www.swtor.com/r/LggkN9

TrixxieTriss
04.06.2018 , 09:54 PM | #4
I’ve been getting aweful lag spikes and I use WTFast, which means I’m able to redirect my connection around problems spots and I’ve tried many routes to bypass any that could be causing problems.
It is also happening to my wife and she doesn’t use WTFast.
My testing has shown that there aren’t any problems for her between us and the server. Once it gets to the data center it starts to fluctuate.
Hopefully this server maintenance is being done to fix it.

bluehufsa
04.07.2018 , 02:22 AM | #5
Is that going to fix the tank stance for ranged companions?
The lag in Twin Rail District on Zakuul?
Vector/Theron not following the player and falling off the elevators?
Imperator Sunfell "evading" even when attacked by a juggernaut/ sentinel?
"Rainbow Demon - pick up your heart and run

Rainbow Demon - lives for his sword and his gun"

jimmorrisson
04.07.2018 , 02:52 AM | #6
I hope my /runningman emote is collections unlockable after this

Ylliarus
04.09.2018 , 09:32 AM | #7
Eric, do you have or could you get any ETA on when Twi'lek will also finally get the yellow Sith eyes from the last appearance customization pack we got? I don't mean to speak out of turn but it is really silly they weren't included in to those eye colours from the first place or were included since
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

Master_Morak
04.09.2018 , 11:29 AM | #8
Hello Eric,

I can't believe it.

Is there no adjustments planned to the conquest system tomorrow?

You promised that the changes with 5.8 would it make easier to reach to personal goals, that's not true. Before 5.8 I recieved with 7 Chars the personal Goal and now only with three (and for the three I hat more playtime then before for the seven).

You also promised, that the new system will help small and medium guilds. Did you see the results for instance on Tulak Hord?

The great Yield is beaten only by two Guilds, the winning guilds on small and Medium are great guilds. Small Guilds and medium guilds will have no Chance to win the conquest.

There is no time to monitor and talk, it's time to take Action. What is the Problem to adjust the rewards of the conquest objekktives soon?
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

TUXs
04.09.2018 , 12:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
Hello Eric,

I can't believe it.

Is there no adjustments planned to the conquest system tomorrow?

You promised that the changes with 5.8 would it make easier to reach to personal goals, that's not true. Before 5.8 I recieved with 7 Chars the personal Goal and now only with three (and for the three I hat more playtime then before for the seven).

You also promised, that the new system will help small and medium guilds. Did you see the results for instance on Tulak Hord?

The great Yield is beaten only by two Guilds, the winning guilds on small and Medium are great guilds. Small Guilds and medium guilds will have no Chance to win the conquest.

There is no time to monitor and talk, it's time to take Action. What is the Problem to adjust the rewards of the conquest objekktives soon?
Not only that, but they're doubling down after their interview the other day. They want this system, despite whatever it does to the game itself...it's unbelievable...I absolutely do not get it at all...not in the least. It has to be intentional...there's no other possible way they could design a system this ignorant of the game they're actually producing it for.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Zerileth
04.09.2018 , 01:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Not only that, but they're doubling down after their interview the other day. They want this system, despite whatever it does to the game itself...it's unbelievable...I absolutely do not get it at all...not in the least. It has to be intentional...there's no other possible way they could design a system this ignorant of the game they're actually producing it for.
This has been what I've said in a few other posts too. It makes no sense to do what they're doing unless it's intentional. Then and only then does it make sense. Normal brains would not do this if the goal was to promote the well being of the game. So I say again, either the Devs and Keith are crazy (and we could certainly use harsher adjectives) or then it's sabotage. I don't believe Keith and the devs are mentally ill. I think they were told by EA to reduce the player base in order to either shut it down, or go maintenance mode. They chose the one thing that would have a great negative impact if changed,but could spin it that they are "tweaking" it to make it better.
Happy Holidays!

50,000 Club!