Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wide (fat) character fix -at least for me ATI

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Wide (fat) character fix -at least for me ATI

DaggDibrimi
12.29.2011 , 09:52 AM | #1
Not sure if this will help you Nvidia peeps out but for you ATI folks with the wide/fat characters, I found a solution that worked for me.

After much messing with the settings in game, and uninstalling/reinstalling, nothing worked, so I decided to look at my ATI "AMD Vision Engine" settings.

I made one small change that fixed it.

I went to "My VGA Displays" and selected the subheading "Properties (VGA Display)"

De-selected "EDID" and manually set the resolution for my monitor to 1280x720 @ 60mhz
Then hit "Apply" -voila, fixed! No more fat toons!

The original EDID report said that my max monitor resolution was 1920x1080 @ 85mhz which is not native. Not sure why it was reporting that but changing it to my current desktop settings at 720p cleared up the problem.

I hope this helps out those that have this problem as it did for me.

Good luck.
Your tongue moves faster than a watersnake's kid.

DaggDibrimi
12.29.2011 , 10:25 AM | #2
BTW -the "AMD Vision Engine" is just the new name for the old ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Just in case anyone needed help figuring that out.

DaggDibrimi
12.30.2011 , 04:15 PM | #3
If you have a "Digital Flat Panel" display, it might be similar under that tab on the CCC.

Take a look at your settings there and tweak appropriately.

good luck.

Marloc
12.30.2011 , 04:19 PM | #4
Yay, now people can be Boba Fatt again!
"Jidebanawananeenebobo!"

Cancrizans
12.30.2011 , 04:32 PM | #5
Hmmm. Appreciate the help, I do have the resolution set to my native and I still have this problem though. Trying to post my DxDiag in the other thread but I keep getting an error too many characters and I have no idea what info I can remove from the report without cutting relevant info lol.

Anyway hope this works for some of us at least, and ty.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

drealmer
12.30.2011 , 04:34 PM | #6
with the graphics driver and monitor type (both same as mine), I was hopeful....but this did not fix it for me, thanks though!