Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expanded Universe and TOR: Your findings

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Expanded Universe and TOR: Your findings

Ztalker
12.30.2011 , 05:00 AM | #1
Hey all.

I've been around these forums roughly 30 minutes after the infamous first press conference. All this time, I've been wondering about the approach TOR would take regarding Expanded Universe stuff (books, comics and the lot). In recent years, we've seen EU getting retconned (Many Jedi surviving Order 66) and stuffed with unnecessary new things (Hippie Mando's in the Clone Wars cartoon) and *shudder* The Force Unleashed.

I created this thread in the hopes of pointing each other at EU-connections that are in the game already, or to discuss ones you'd like to see. This could be considered massive spoilage, so please be careful, or just vaguely mention where it can be found.

I'll start off.

Original source: Heir of the Empire books (90's)
Subject: Forcre Ghosts
Expand: In the aforementioned books, Luke Skywalker is struggling with his training. Ben Kenobi's spirit is waning and he wonders if he isn't strong enough to provide Ben's ghost with the power to stay in the living world. He also wonder if this is how Force Ghosts work. Do they actually need the power of someone they 'bond' with? A crazy force user from the prequel era is roaming the galaxy at this point and Luke openly thinks he has turned insane from all the Jedi dying (Order 66) around him and binding with him.
Connection with TOR This concept of Force Ghosts was debunked in the prequel trilogy, with Episode 3 explaining how Force Ghosts work. However, Bioware may have revived the idea. Just play the Sith Inquisitor storyline!
Your rating: 9/10, if they drew it from the books. It was a nice little idea of Skywalker that could've shed a new light on the Clone Wars and other wars Jedi were involved in.
Check out Lucasforums and it's The Old Republic section!

Malgré Tout!

Omnitheo
12.30.2011 , 01:41 PM | #2
The fate of the Jedi series offer up some new explanations for Force Ghosts, and what happens to the spirit of a Force Sensitive after they die.

I haven't made it very far into the Inq story, but from what i've seen about the lore so far in this game, i'm not expecting any major conflicts.

vallonus
12.30.2011 , 04:28 PM | #3
Well, lots of talk about the ancient sith lords and their tombs on korriban and ofc there are many connections to KOTOR (no big surprise there). Other than that I dont remember any really significant.