Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obi-Wan Kenobi Knowing???

BrandonSM
12.30.2011 , 02:59 PM | #1
*I haven't read much on Obi-Wan, so I am using knowledge from Dark Rendezvous*

Quote:
"You've been sending private messages back to Coruscant"
Anakin Flushed. "You've been tracing my outgoing-"
He stopped. "You just guessed."

"I am a wise and powerful Jedi Knight, you know,"
Obi-Wan said, allowing himself a small grin.

An awkward pause.
"Since part of my duty as your Master is to pass on my vast wisdom-" Obi Wan began.
"Here it comes," Anakin said.
"-I suppose I should officially remind you that a Jedi has no room in his life for... some kinds of entanglement."
"Ill keep that in mind." Anakin rolled his eyes.
"Nonattachment is a fundamental precept of the Order, Padawan. You knew that when you signed up."
"I guess I didn't read the Toydarian Print." Anakin growled.

For the first time, Obi-Wan turned away from the holocomm transceiver. "How serious are you about this girl, Anakin?"
So my question is, if Obi-Wan knew Anakin was having a relationship, why didn't he report it to the Council? And do you think he should have?

Even in Episode 2, Anakin shows his love for Padme when she falls out of the gunship.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

mathalsolo
12.30.2011 , 03:14 PM | #2
Even if Obi-Wan did know, I doubt he would have told the council. He got attached to people just as Anakin did. Anakin happened to be one of them.

"Send me to kill the Emperor. I cannot kill Anakin. He is like my brother"
Amus Kindu

Omnitheo
12.30.2011 , 03:17 PM | #3
Obi Wan had his own issues with attachment, not just to Anakin, but previously to the dutchess of Mandalore. So much so in fact, that he would have left the jedi order to be with her.

If he did know about Anakin and Padme, he certainly would not have reported it.

Wolfninjajedi
12.30.2011 , 04:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
He never lied in that video.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

DarthDraconian
12.30.2011 , 05:58 PM | #6
was that excerpt from the Yoda novel? I have yet to read it but that sheds some light on the question of obi-wan and how much he knew
REIGN OF DARKNESS

BrandonSM
12.30.2011 , 06:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDraconian View Post
was that excerpt from the Yoda novel? I have yet to read it but that sheds some light on the question of obi-wan and how much he knew
Yes it was from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. Great book btw. But there isn't much on Anakin and Obi just a couple pages, but its mostly about Yoda, Dooku and, a 4 other Jedi(2 Masters, 1 Apprentices)

If your interested in Yoda, Dooku or, Asajj Ventress. This book is it.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana
12.30.2011 , 06:59 PM | #8
Jorander stated awhile ago that the Jedi Council all knew about his relationship, but the fact is, he made the common mistake fans do, by thinking Jedi can't be in relationships, nowhere does it state this, in fact the Jedi Path tells us many Jedi have relations much like any normal person does, they just make sure their relationships don't become more important to them than their Jedi obligations(Selfishness is Greed, a path to the Dark Side).

As far as the Jedi knowing is concerned, their only worry was the fact he was in a relationship with a politician, as Obi-Wan himself stated, you can't trust politicians.

DoctorBeckett
12.30.2011 , 07:04 PM | #9
Obi-Wan knew he was seeing SOMEBODY. But he didn't know until shortly before Revenge of The Sith, who. It would have been a double standard for Obi-Wan to report Anakin. He had feelings for the Duchess of Mandalore. Besides, he was Anakin's friend. Friends cover for one another.
For free stuff...
Are you looking for a casual leveling guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
Hawke's Flight/Hawke's Nest Guild Site

Bielduwyn
12.31.2011 , 12:26 AM | #10
Obi-Wan must be a bit of an idiot then if he couldn't figure out it was Padmé, you'd think the way he fumbled around from the moment he got into that elevator and even flat out admitted about being nervous about seeing her again would be all the evidence he'd need to put two and two together.

But then, pretty much everyone is an idiot in the prequels.