<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

SpinForbidden

<Elders of the Republic> and our sister guild <Elders of the Sith> is a mostly social guild of players who are 40 years of age and older. We have been around since Dec 2015 and are ladies, gentlemen, artisans, laborers, professionals, managers, singles, parents, and grandparents all united by a long-abiding love of Star Wars and the desire for a sensible, patient, and mature community. There are many demands in life and on our time. <Elders of the Republic> and <Elders of the Sith> is here to help make the most of the time we spend playing SWTOR.

While we are primarily a "Social" guild, we run weekly training operations every Friday for our members who want to learn raiding or try new roles and come together to have fun. We regularly participate in conquest and run flashpoints, heroics, and other group content periodically throughout the week. Many of our members also participate in hardmode operations and other, more challenging content.

If you are interested in joining us, please:

• Visit our SWTOR
Fan community site

• See our
Recruitment Flier

• contact any member in-game by doing a "who" search for "Elders"

Edited by SpinForbidden
Change in external guild website information.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says, "You can't teach an old player new tricks?". Members of <Elders of the Republic> spent several marvelous sessions this past week in a campaign against Izax the Destroyer making it to Phase 4. The demise of the great droid is inevitable. It is his destiny.

If you are an older player looking for a guild that is not afraid to patiently and methodically try new mechanics in the name of good fun and friendship, consider <Elders of the Republic>. Feel free to check out our guild website.

This is a very unique guild because it's the first that I've run into where all of our players are over 40. I've been with the guild for 3 years now. We run ops every Friday night and it's a lot of fun!

If you'd like to join, just open your friends/social tab and search for the word "Elders". Someone should be able to help you. You can also apply at our Elders of the Republic website!

Edited by D_efcon

If you are over 40 and love SWTOR you should join Elders of the Republic. We train people to run operations every Friday night. Just type who: elders in social and ask us to invite you to the guild.

Darn, 29 is too young then. I'm approaching my 30th birthday in June. I'm a Pubside Guardian Tank with a focus on Warzones and GSFs, but I run Flashpoints and Heroics on the side. I'm open to try HM/NiM raiding if people are willing to show me the ropes; I've done a fair bit of raiding in WoW after all. I have Discord/headset as well.

IGN is Lodesamoney

Loadsamonie:

Thanks for reading the post and responding to the thread. We do enjoy our training ops which we have done weekly for a couple years now. These are usually conducted in 16-toon mode due to interest. While the guild does have a select group that works on hard-mode raiding, we are not really a progression guild and most of us stick to storymode operations. If you're interested in NiM operations you would have to look elsewhere regardless of your age. We're just a group of older players who enjoy Star Wars, SWTOR, each other's company, and a more moderate challenge.

Edited by SpinForbidden
Spelling

One day when I was exploring the temple ruins on Coruscant with an alt., I saw a message in general chat. It was our first Guildmaster recruiting new mature members. Though I did not respond, I was very intrigued. A few days later I was passing through on my main character and this time I replied. Joining Elders changed the way I played the game, opening up for me a whole new dimension SWTOR. It is because of the wonderful people in the guild and our other friends that my gameplay transitioned from KOTOR 3 to an actual MMOG, from soloing so much content to consistently playing in groups, from having no hope of ever understanding the endgame experience to playing operations and gaining the highest tier gear, and much more.

Today I serve the guild as its Third Guildmaster and I love playing the game with such, kind, helpful, and friendly people. Their patience with me helped me to have more fun in the game and to learn a lot about how to play. Additionally, as a woman I find this a fun and safe place to be. There are many more of us in game then general chat would have you believe. Though I have made my fair share of corrections to childish remarks on the fleet or in a group, so often we are silently present. Our guild has a large percentage of mature, professional women who are very vocal in guild chat and even on Discord. I appreciate that in Elders we play as equals and are treated with respect. :)

Please understand that I am not replying in hopes of being invited to your guild. Rather, I want to commend you. Regrettably, in any game, there are too few guilds who treat their members with respect, or who are willing to help their members learn. Too many look at their members merely as statistics to make them look big and active. The members are their to help the guild look good, nothing more.

To hear that you treat your members with equality and respect, and that you help them learn more about the game, brings me great joy. I strive to do the same with my own guild. While we are small, we strive for quality of membership over quantity of members. We treat them as family and help them as much as we can.

Thank you for renewing my faith in the possibility of the actual existence of good guilds and guild leaders. I salute you.

Recently returned to the game. Been gone since Rise of the Hutt. This sounds like something I would love to be part of. I do not have any characterson for server but been wanting to start a consular. How open are you to new returning players with extremely low level characters? I do have a boost available but rather not skip any story.

Dear ThreeLeos:

Welcome Back! <Elders of the Republic> is primarily a social guild with weekly training raids, and more irregular conquest, flashpoint, and PVP sessions. We're older players who really like StarWars. Most of us joined the game because we like the story and many of us regularly level-up toons just to relive the favorite parts of each class - like re-reading a favorite old book. The only restriction we have on membership is a chronological age of 40+.

As a member of the guild you would have access to our strongholds, guild ship, a nice +10% experience boost, and of course guild chat which is a great resource for questions and recruiting for group content.

On the weekend evenings, we typically have 12- 16 players logged in on the pub-side, with fewer players at other times of the week. We all have jobs, children, (and grandchildren), pets, or other important commitments and know that these take priority over the pleasures of the game. You would be most welcome.

To get an invitation, please type "Elders" into the search line of the "Who" field. All of our members have invite privileges. You could also send an in-game message to Celsfalia or me (Kallinos), but I won't be on tonight due to a major presentation at work tomorrow.

Kallinos,

Thank you so much for the response. Yes I'll be 41 in 3months so got that part covered. I've been making few characters trying to secure the name I want. I do work odd shifts myself so will not be able to log in until Wednesday evening but do play during day sometimes. This is so awesome and exactly what I've been looking for. I'll seek you or another member out in game. Look forward to getting into the story again!

Edited by ThreeLeos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been in this guild for about half a year and it's a great place to be. I even dragged my husband back to the game on the strength of how much fun I was having.

Everyone is helpful and kind, especially to players who are new to some of the content, or are coming back after a hiatus, as I did. We (well, I) tend to concentrate on the PvE content, and most nights you can find people to run a flashpoint or an op, or just chat to as you level yet another alt. There's no drama, and high tolerance of our busy lives occasionally getting in the way of what we'd rather be doing.

If you're over 40, do a search using "Elders" as a keyword, and we'll be happy to chat to you or invite you to the guild.

Hi, I'm new to SWTOR and this guild looks interesting. :)

I 'd like to access your Discord server to drop in and say hello. However, the link on the website seems to be of older format. Could an invite be sent to me? Thanks!

(And yes, I do meet the chronological requirements. ;))

As a recently joined member of this guild and returning beta player, I can say first impressions have been positive.

Guild leadership is knowledgeable, mature and open minded.

Guildmates often like to form nightly groups for OPs, Flashpoints and Conquest related fun.

Discord talk is kept to a minimum as everyone enjoys the game and listens to clear and concise directions.

Fun for all levels of and skillets.

I really appreciate the gaming environment and everyone is attractive too :p

-Devinity

Account Creation Date: 05.29.11

Hi, I'm new to SWTOR and this guild looks interesting. :)

I 'd like to access your Discord server to drop in and say hello. However, the link on the website seems to be of older format. Could an invite be sent to me? Thanks!

(And yes, I do meet the chronological requirements. ;))

Hi!

Here's the information about our Discord channel from the guild website. I'm assured it's all up-to-date now. Hope to see you about!

http://republicelders.gamerlaunch.com/sections/discord/?gid=521740

• 2 weeks later...
For those interested in conquest, please note that <Elders of the Republic> has been consistently reaching mid-sized planetary conquest goals from about the time of the last server update. We do not have any conquest-specific expectations of our members, but it's nice to know that you can get mid-sized planetary loot boxes for your toons if you want to participate in conquest. A benefit that we've found with guild conquest is that it has provided a nice focus to many of our group activities: both those that are scheduled and those that form ad-hoc throughout the week.

Thanks Mac, sorry for the slow reply. This forum is only semi-monitored. We do most of our regular guild communication on our website and our Discord server.

In-game, please do a search for "Elders" in the "Who" tab. All of our members have invite privileges and would be happy to chat with you regarding our guild. If you're looking for specific players to contact Celsfalia, Pnugg, and Kallinos (me) are possible choices, but most of us in the guild run multiple alts. Our members tend to log on after work (or after the kids are in bed) usually 8 - 11 Pacific Standard Time. Thanks for your interest.

• 2 weeks later...

A special "thank you" to the several members that recently joined us in <Elders of the Republic>. During our weekly training operation last Friday night, we successfully completed the 16-toon challenge mode for the operation Temple of Sacrifice. This was a 16-toon operation that our guild had attempted before but had not yet successfully completed. Four or five of the raid members had only joined us in the last couple of months.

Although some may scoff that it was "only a storymode" operation, it was about the right level of challenge for a bunch of mostly casual older players. As always, there were no strong reprimands, rage quits, or other pettiness. A couple of our members had to drop group to take care of ill spouses or catch some sleep for work the next day. They were sent off with the guild's blessings and their spots filled with other mature volunteers. Fun (and achievements) were had by all.

If the description above sounds about right, perhaps <Elders of the Republic> is for you! Please check out our website or look us up in game in the "who" tab with Elders in the search field.

Aye, I'm one of the newbies who joined recently - still struggling to get my character geared up, but that didn't stop me having fun on this 16-player operation (which I hear is one of the hardest). The highlight of the night was when we were about to wipe, but the last person standing landed the killing blow on the boss just before he died, resulting in loud cheers from everyone on Discord. I think that hero was you Spin. :)

It's nice to game with a group that doesn't throw tantrums or ragequit when things start going pear shaped. Instead, with a bit of patience and old fashioned trial and error, we figured out what worked and vanquished each of the bosses in succession.

It has been a privilege to raid with you folks!

• 3 weeks later...
It has been a privilege to raid with you folks!

Thanks for joining us, Lanceor! We have players of all different skill levels, and are happy to help new players learn how to do operations and other content. Training Ops are every Friday night at 9pm PST.

If anyone is interested in joining, they can message us here or go to their social tab in-game and search for "Elders". One of our officers can invite you. We prefer players over the age of 40.

• 2 weeks later...
This guild sounds perfect for my husband and I. We are returning after an extremely LONG hiatus and essentially re-learning the game. Unfortunately, we are EST so I don't know how much we would actually be able to participate outside of being more casual/social.