Make More Items Available Without Credits

Xo-Lara

I'm cross posting my older thread from the Answers Hub here as well.

I feel that making items like decorations, armor, weapons and so forth available in game through means other than purchasing them for credits would help the game's economy. I believe it will negate some of the scarcity and provide some competition for GTN prices.

Right now the GTN seems to have created a vicious cycle of needing credits to buy things and then players grind for credits, make the inflation worse, and end up putting things more out of reach.

At least until the server populations pick back up and player purchases from the cartel market start to pick up, I think it would be helpful to introduce more items into missions, vendors, an event, increased lootbox/mob drops or any way that will let players acquire what they are after without feeling they have to grind credits, or worse buy them from a credit seller.

I have no problem with this being a temporary measure, but part of the draw of the game is what you can get in it. It's at the point now where even old cartel packs are hard to find despite dedicated resellers tending to stock up. I really think it would help greatly if the team bolstered item availability until players could pick up the slack again.

I agree. Prices on the GTN have just gone up and up.

They added decos as rewards for all of the solo flashpoints, and some of those were going for a lot of money on the GTN before that. And then there are the decos you earn during Star Fortresses and Copero. I think this is really a step in the right direction, and I hope they will expand upon it even more.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Its Great their adding the Deco's to the solo FlashPoints. I really like the original flashpoints and getting the decorations for my strongholds is a great reward. To me the GTN is a rarity anyway being as that anything over 3 mil., 4 at the most is my *Limit*.

Yeah I like the drops from the Star Fortresses and Copero as well. I think 2 mil is about my limit right now and GTN pricing is likely to go up in price as people trying to get rich quick drive the prices. There needs to be something else to balance out the market since there isn't enough player participation to help balance it out.

I'm cross posting my older thread from the Answers Hub here as well.

I feel that making items like decorations, armor, weapons and so forth available in game through means other than purchasing them for credits would help the game's economy. I believe it will negate some of the scarcity and provide some competition for GTN prices.

Right now the GTN seems to have created a vicious cycle of needing credits to buy things and then players grind for credits, make the inflation worse, and end up putting things more out of reach.

At least until the server populations pick back up and player purchases from the cartel market start to pick up, I think it would be helpful to introduce more items into missions, vendors, an event, increased lootbox/mob drops or any way that will let players acquire what they are after without feeling they have to grind credits, or worse buy them from a credit seller.

I have no problem with this being a temporary measure, but part of the draw of the game is what you can get in it. It's at the point now where even old cartel packs are hard to find despite dedicated resellers tending to stock up. I really think it would help greatly if the team bolstered item availability until players could pick up the slack again.

GTN got problems like players resale cartel items on GTN near 99 million becomes junk clutter get in the way that preventing see crafting items on sale. Players don't have the time to make group operation and group flashpoints with players to get one craft item to craft a lot of stuff to put GTN to over price near 99 million is a GTN price problem and players are not going to waste credits near 99 million for a item after save credits up for months for a item. GTN needs a price limit reduce down to 500,000 from 99 million. GTN market is not a place for your cartel item storage. Players don't need to buy off all 8k craft items off the player crafting items for resale price near over million to near 99 million. Why we turn our face away from the GTN joke and learn to craft for own keeps.

I agree. Prices on the GTN have just gone up and up.

Unfortunately thats what happens when you have players who have been here a while, they accumulated a lot of credits and pretty much nothing to spend it on especially after bioware took away some of the credit sinks, I remember when you used to have to pay your class trainer to learn new and upgraded abilities.

that's probably why the are introducing new credits sinks. Like the Item you can buy with the new conquest for 4.5 mill to make your companion influence 50 in one shot. If they want all comps at 50 which I don't see why you would, that's at least what a couple hundred million to drain out of the economy.

My craft hard work is not for resale for higher price over a million to 99 million during helping new coming players on goal reaching. I go by the GTN recommendation set price on sale a item for 8k for item you craft.

You might think you are helping new players when you list a crafted item for default GTN pricing. More than likely, you'll find veteran players buying your stuff and flipping it for a much higher price. The default GTN price is much less than the total cost to gather all the materials needed (through crew skill missions), making it a waste of time to most people. If everybody used the default GTN price to sell stuff, it would actually kill crafting and there would be less stuff available to buy.

Feel free to "help" people all you want. When they buy and resell your stuff, they make a lot of credits fast with little effort and soon can afford to buy those items for 99 million credits. I can see why you can't afford those things.