Stronghold Shops

Xo-Lara

I'm cross posting my thread from the Answers Hub here as well.

It would be nice if there were various display case decorations that allowed players to sell items directly from their strongholds. That might encourage people to go stronghold hoping to find good deals not found on the GTN. It might also allow for people to set up specialized deals just for their friends and it won't even require the delay of the mail system.

These would probably make for a good cartel market item and may even spur a little competition as people see their sales siphoned off by other people who like offering deals but don't like playing the who undercut who by one credit game on the GTN. After a while, certain people might even become known for their good deals or good selection even just the quality of their decorating and can build up their own little customer base.

One day sales may even prompt a waiting list to get into see what's still available.

If this idea is ever implemented, I would be good to add a trading board to the forum so people can advertise their instead of joining the credit sellers on fleet.

To add an idea onto this that was not in the original thread, this may also be a good place to add in a "tax" on sales. It could help with siphoning off a little bit of credits here and there like the GTN does.

If this idea is ever implemented, I would be good to add a trading board to the forum so people can advertise their instead of joining the credit sellers on fleet.

I think the word you're looking for is "essential", combined with "next to the stronghold terminals". I'm not going trekking around different people's strongholds on the off-chance that the item I want will be available in one of them.

And the tax would be essential as well, because otherwise the GTN would rapidly become empty.

Overall, I'd say it doesn't add enough useful stuff to be worth the downsides.