Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Love CXP why is it off for Preferred players?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I Love CXP why is it off for Preferred players?

CKNORTH
03.08.2018 , 09:20 PM | #1
No really I do love CXP grindfest the free RNG boxes are dang good credits and I enjoy opening them! But aside from that the cosmetic gear and the odd 234 item from 1-100 is nice too. I suppose you have a reason for preferred not getting it as much as people seem to not enjoy it. But could you add a CXP unlock in the store please? I would pay around 1000CC - 1500CC for it, Thanks!!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Don't use this Link it's Borked,
Oh Wait! they UnBorked the link! you must Choose, but Choose Wisely!

TrixxieTriss
03.08.2018 , 09:24 PM | #2
This is what Iíve been saying. They need a paid pass to allow preferred to gain and use CXP items

Ner_idia
03.08.2018 , 09:30 PM | #3
To make you pay.

/thread

CKNORTH
03.08.2018 , 09:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is what Iíve been saying. They need a paid pass to allow preferred to gain and use CXP items
I am curious because I boosted a character on my preferred account to lvl 70 and I canít level it but I wonder if itís because that account doesnít own KoTET or KoTFE?

CKNORTH
03.08.2018 , 09:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ner_idia View Post
To make you pay.

/thread
Thanks Captian Obvious but your statement is flawed I said I would pay for it...

Ner_idia
03.08.2018 , 09:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
Thanks Captian Obvious but your statement is flawed I said I would pay for it...
That's Captain Oblivious! , get it right. It's done so you'd pay for a sub.

CKNORTH
03.08.2018 , 09:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ner_idia View Post
That's Captain Oblivious! , get it right. It's done so you'd pay for a sub.
However if you paid for the December expansion bundle is it Inlocled after your subscription lapses was the second part to the question I stated Mr. Oblivious?

Ardrossan
03.08.2018 , 11:17 PM | #8
I'm mostly preferred and I'm fine with it being a sub-only thing. It doesn't affect preferred gameplay all that much [the gear is helpful but not absolutely required]. This is an optional freebie thing that encourages subbing without being detrimental to non-subs.

In point of fact, it was a contributing reason for why I resubbed. I hadn't planned on doing that, and the Origin special was the major reason to do it, but it was still a factor I considered - yay, now I can get CXP again.
"My Lord, have I got a scheme for you! You give me 30 seconds and I'll let you in on a scheme that will knock your socks off! It's brilliant, spectacious! A surefire way to hit the Republic right where it hurts: their wounded." "You're an idiot."
"But...the kolto...rakghouls."

CKNORTH
03.09.2018 , 12:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I'm mostly preferred and I'm fine with it being a sub-only thing. It doesn't affect preferred gameplay all that much [the gear is helpful but not absolutely required]. This is an optional freebie thing that encourages subbing without being detrimental to non-subs.

In point of fact, it was a contributing reason for why I resubbed. I hadn't planned on doing that, and the Origin special was the major reason to do it, but it was still a factor I considered - yay, now I can get CXP again.
Thatís really cool. From what I seen on my free preferred account you can get tier 2 gear just takes longer. Possibly tier 3 but not sure on tier 4 in all honesty I would like to take my time and pick and choose on what to do or what to unlock. The way I am setting things up Iíll probably drop down to preferred and get the expansion bundle every December as they bring out more stuff. Looking forward to enjoying it all at a slower pace

Also because I will be dropping the subscription in June it isnít because of any doom or gloom or lack of stuff to do, I just really donít like monthly fees and I can still enjoy the game as much as I would like too as if I were to be a sub.

DocDAM
03.09.2018 , 06:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
From what I seen on my free preferred account you can get tier 2 gear just takes longer. Possibly tier 3 but not sure on tier 4
OK, now I'm confused. Your OP says why can't you get CXP with a Pref account, but the above suggests you did?? Or are you using an alternate method to get the gear (using remaining unassembled components, etc)?

For the record: If you aren't an active sub, you don't get access to CXP, so you don't get command crates.
And you can't even tell what the daily bonus activity is.

But, I suppose you can open command crates you gained when previously subbed (hmm, have to try this next time).

As to why they do it this way? They keep tinkering with the way to keep subs / maximize profits. This last time (5.0) it was this rework denying this end-game to non-subs. Guess they decided folk who just re-sub once after the latest story is done wasn't sufficient.
My Refer a Friend link here. [Rules and Rewards]