Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

gamephil
03.08.2018 , 07:00 AM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I don't understand how the Holocron passed into the dream, was it because it was near the throne when the whole thing started?

Or was it just part of the Outlander's mind fighting back? Freeing Vaylin (and Arcann) in the process?
I wish I knew. It seemed pretty random and was not explained well. It contained Grandpa, and he tells us it can somehow kill Valkorion, somehow, then it can free Vaylin, then it can allow people to enter the mindscape. Then we use it in the fight, about as well explained as the shield with Arcann. May as well also have it able to heal minds and free a living person. .

Paulsutherland
03.08.2018 , 08:09 AM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by gamephil View Post
I wish I knew. It seemed pretty random and was not explained well. It contained Grandpa, and he tells us it can somehow kill Valkorion, somehow, then it can free Vaylin, then it can allow people to enter the mindscape. Then we use it in the fight, about as well explained as the shield with Arcann. May as well also have it able to heal minds and free a living person. .
It was holding 'gramps' in a state between life and death, regardless of choice, he leaves and Vaylin (and Arcann) get zapped by it. Does that men she (they're) now inside it?

Blackvinils
03.08.2018 , 11:29 AM | #403
Just another favorite moment: <rolls shoulders> "That felt lovely."

That look on her face as Arcann describes running away to the swamps.

Obviously, since I always bring it up, "Choice. I could get used to that."

"Monster!" "How does it feel to be erased from the galaxy?" People actually use those moments to show that she is STILL an over the top crazy person, that once she is truly free that somehow she's still bad for being pissed at Valkorion. I will never understand that. I honestly find Arcann's vague forgiveness to be... creepy. But I forgive him that for the swamp.

Really, just everything after the Holocron.

When I started for the first time to pass the extension, I did not kill Arcann, just because, thinking that he can help to convince Vaylin that as a result, she would still be alive (then again, I never knew all the details), but in principle, I never considered him an enemy and he did not cause in me a strong desire to kill him immediately.

When she spoke those words, I feel only positive emotions, because she finally realized that the Outlander was not her true enemy.

But how can I, damn it, it sucks to realize that after the fight with Valky, her spirit will not be able to go back in the body. This is probably one of the main reasons why I passed KOTET with only one of my main characters.

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

gamephil
03.08.2018 , 12:27 PM | #404
It was holding 'gramps' in a state between life and death, regardless of choice, he leaves and Vaylin (and Arcann) get zapped by it. Does that men she (they're) now inside it?
I approve. Not just because it leads to a story I want, but it makes the one we have make more sense. I mean, yes, the Holocron may simply have an array of powers that can be used on spirits, so it's kind of consistent in that way, but it's strange that the Outlander knew about it. It's easier for me to see thinking that containing her might protect her rather than thinking it has some undemonstrated expanded power set. Still not perfect, but it feels better to me.

Paulsutherland
03.08.2018 , 03:28 PM | #405
I approve. Not just because it leads to a story I want, but it makes the one we have make more sense. I mean, yes, the Holocron may simply have an array of powers that can be used on spirits, so it's kind of consistent in that way, but it's strange that the Outlander knew about it. It's easier for me to see thinking that containing her might protect her rather than thinking it has some undemonstrated expanded power set. Still not perfect, but it feels better to me.
What happens to the Holocron? I assume it gets brought back to Odessen for Sana-Rae or Lana to study?

gamephil
03.08.2018 , 03:54 PM | #406
What happens to the Holocron? I assume it gets brought back to Odessen for Sana-Rae or Lana to study?
Well, Valkorion does destroy its mindscape form, so it may have been destroyed, honestly. But, like so much of this (and this is not me criticizing, I approve of leaving some things open), we don't really know for sure. He may have just been destroying our ability to use it directly against him.

Paulsutherland
03.08.2018 , 03:59 PM | #407
Well, Valkorion does destroy its mindscape form, so it may have been destroyed, honestly. But, like so much of this (and this is not me criticizing, I approve of leaving some things open), we don't really know for sure. He may have just been destroying our ability to use it directly against him.
In the LS version you see Arcann meditating next to it. So, the 'real' one survived.

gamephil
03.08.2018 , 05:14 PM | #408
In the LS version you see Arcann meditating next to it. So, the 'real' one survived.
Yes, that's right, the bit where Senya appears has them both next to it and that shot is after Valkorion destroys it. Good to know. Spirit(s) in our heads, spirit(s) in the box. I'm good with either.

Paulsutherland
03.08.2018 , 06:01 PM | #409
Yes, that's right, the bit where Senya appears has them both next to it and that shot is after Valkorion destroys it. Good to know. Spirit(s) in our heads, spirit(s) in the box. I'm good with either.
How do we open the magic box?!

gamephil
03.08.2018 , 08:22 PM | #410
How do we open the magic box?!
First, convince Devs it's a good idea.