Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lana Appreciation Thread - Love for the Dark Advisor! Haters, please stay away,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lana Appreciation Thread - Love for the Dark Advisor! Haters, please stay away,

McBaal
03.03.2018 , 03:05 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Question, I broke up with Lana for Vette and now I realized I made a huge mistake as I likely can't have kids with Vette and even if I did they'd look like freaks, is there a way to get back with Lana?
Depends. Most species can interbreed with Twi'Lek. The skin might look a little weird, but otherwise it works. But as much fun and cute as Vette is, she just talks too much imo. Lana on the other hand should relax a littlebit more sometimes i think. Her attempts of joking are...well...

IoNonSoEVero
03.03.2018 , 03:49 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You gone and screwed up! Time to reroll and get that loving Lana back
And don't play KOTFE when they're doing a major patch because the romance bug still exists. And make sure you always pick the [flirt] "I need to talk to one of you" choice in chapter 9 in the cantina because if you miss that, the boat has sailed for romance with any of the KOTFE companions.

Kraytdragonegg
03.08.2018 , 10:55 AM | #73
I recently came back to the game after a hiatus of over six years. At first, I dreaded doing any of the major expansions post-Hutt Cartel because I'd read over and over how game-breaking it (KOTET/KOTFE) was and how no one liked the 'main characters': Theron and Lana.
Have to say I love Lana because we don't see any reasonable Sith in SWTOR aside from the handful including Marr and Vowrawn. You have to wonder how The Empire is able to operate if only a bunch of absolute lunatics are pulling the strings. That said, without much detail on her background (idk if I missed it) I do wonder how she achieved an influential position among the Sith. I hope that we players can explore her backstory, if that means she pulls a betrayal like
Spoiler
then I wouldn't be surprised but I'd enjoy more story-content that makes sense. I compare Lana to her because we know Lana is quite attuned to the Force, seeks knowledge, and seems polite (except with SCORPIO hah) but to what purpose? Lana's fascination with the Outlander is, at first, touching but you must wonder if she does not have some bigger plan to use the PC like
Spoiler
in order to gain more power. Lana says she doesn't want titles and seems to want for nothing but, come on, every Sith has greater desires, no? She's not a Jedi.

SithKoriandr
03.08.2018 , 11:49 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraytdragonegg View Post
I recently came back to the game after a hiatus of over six years. At first, I dreaded doing any of the major expansions post-Hutt Cartel because I'd read over and over how game-breaking it (KOTET/KOTFE) was and how no one liked the 'main characters': Theron and Lana.
Have to say I love Lana because we don't see any reasonable Sith in SWTOR aside from the handful including Marr and Vowrawn. You have to wonder how The Empire is able to operate if only a bunch of absolute lunatics are pulling the strings. That said, without much detail on her background (idk if I missed it) I do wonder how she achieved an influential position among the Sith. I hope that we players can explore her backstory, if that means she pulls a betrayal like
Spoiler
then I wouldn't be surprised but I'd enjoy more story-content that makes sense. I compare Lana to her because we know Lana is quite attuned to the Force, seeks knowledge, and seems polite (except with SCORPIO hah) but to what purpose? Lana's fascination with the Outlander is, at first, touching but you must wonder if she does not have some bigger plan to use the PC like
Spoiler
in order to gain more power. Lana says she doesn't want titles and seems to want for nothing but, come on, every Sith has greater desires, no? She's not a Jedi.
Well, she didn't say she didn't want power. What she didn't want is a title (and likely a target on her back).
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

IoNonSoEVero
03.08.2018 , 01:27 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraytdragonegg View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
I personally think the only desire she has is to keep the Outlander/Commander safe and help them save the galaxy. She offers to sacrifice herself for them numerous times, and means it, and she seems content to be on the sidelines. I don't think there's any ulterior motive beyond that. She has power as an advisor and it seems to be what she wants. I don't think being a Sith means she's using the Outlander or has an ulterior motive beyond that.

AdharaKyleth
03.08.2018 , 01:39 PM | #76
I dislike her role, (as I think she's way overused as a character) but I like her voice and armor. So I'm kind of neutral.
Theronite
Adhara Kyleth Teraalin Nyx Scatha
http://www.swtor.com/r/fVFywm

Eshvara
03.08.2018 , 01:43 PM | #77
I'm still waiting for that Lana eyeliner.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

McBaal
03.08.2018 , 04:40 PM | #78
As far as i understand Lana, what she seeks is knowledge. Not just the arcane kind of knowledge, she cares more about the how and why things in the galaxy happen. She seeks the truth all the time and realy hates it if someone lies to her (be it one of her spies, her former master, a companion or even the PC). And if knowledge realy is power, then that's the way she gathers it. She may be a capable fighter, but in no way is she as good as for example the Sith warrior or Jedi knight.
So turning herself into a priority target by leading this alliance does in no way help her agenda. She'd be too busy fighting a war instead of seeking knowledge and the truth. And with all her background knowledge she makes herself almost irreplaceable to whoever is in charge. A female Lord Varys if you want.
Long things short: Lana is a spy and she revels in all the dirty big and little secrets she uncovers.

What does she want for the galaxy? Peace, stability and prosperity. Things she doesn't believe a democracy can provide on the long term (she kinda says that at the end of SoR to a rep PC if i remember it correctly) That's why she prefers the empire over the republic.
So...is she a good person? I dunno, she is ruthless and has no inner quarrel about killing. Is she evil? No, not realy either. She does not commit unneccessary cruelty as other Sith do. Her moral stance can be compared to the grandadmiral Thrawn i think.

Kaedusz
03.08.2018 , 10:26 PM | #79
Fan of the character. Not a fan of her looks.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

JakRoanin
03.08.2018 , 11:36 PM | #80
My main issue with Lana in the narrative is that I know nothing about her! I know more about Hexid then I know about Lana! She never talks about herself! This irritates me. All I know about her is she slept with Koth, she's Machiavellian, but not needlessly bloodthirsty. Oh and the titles thing. I have nothing to make me relate to her. Even Kaliyo has a moment where she makes it clear why she sticks around. Lana's loyalty to PC is well, strange to me if you're a Pub and really strange for a non FS. Yet she's so possessive in a way.

She desperately needs a back story!