Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MarzipanIV
03.06.2018 , 02:52 AM | #781
Also, here’s another idea. You’ve gotten requests for new classes. Logistically unrealistic of course since then you’d have to produce new variations of Ilum and onwards. So how about new classes that would be borne out of the Alliance? For example, Alliance Soldier. The story would begin after the traitor story that’s about to wrap up. Then, by the end of that story, you have to choose whether to serve the Republic or the Empire, giving you access to one of their fleets, and permanently aligning you with that faction. So, these classes would only be available to subscribers, would not have access to anything up to and including the traitor story, and would act as its own mirror class for purposes of faction balancing?

McBaal
03.08.2018 , 04:12 PM | #782
Quote: Originally Posted by MarzipanIV View Post
Also, here’s another idea. You’ve gotten requests for new classes. Logistically unrealistic of course since then you’d have to produce new variations of Ilum and onwards. So how about new classes that would be borne out of the Alliance? For example, Alliance Soldier. The story would begin after the traitor story that’s about to wrap up. Then, by the end of that story, you have to choose whether to serve the Republic or the Empire, giving you access to one of their fleets, and permanently aligning you with that faction. So, these classes would only be available to subscribers, would not have access to anything up to and including the traitor story, and would act as its own mirror class for purposes of faction balancing?
And who's gonna do the work on this? Almost everyone at BW is working on Anthem with only the bare minimum still doing SWTOR related stuff. And even they could get switched to Anthem anyday.
They can't even do proper companion returns anymore and you are asking for a new class story? Seriously? 2018 is gonna be like 2017 all over again. And in 2019 i guess the next server merge happens. 1 server in the US and 1 in europe. Then maintenance mode until Anthem officially flopped and Bioware ends on the bloody EA chopping block.

olagatonjedi
03.09.2018 , 01:54 PM | #783
Quote: Originally Posted by McBaal View Post
And who's gonna do the work on this? Almost everyone at BW is working on Anthem with only the bare minimum still doing SWTOR related stuff. And even they could get switched to Anthem anyday.
Who are your sources?

TrixxieTriss
03.10.2018 , 07:35 PM | #784
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Who are your sources?
The internet, who are yours?

olagatonjedi
03.10.2018 , 08:36 PM | #785
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The internet, who are yours?
As reliable as they come.....

Kyrielan
03.11.2018 , 09:05 PM | #786
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
And available for both genders given Lana is the only f/f avail romance where as Koth and Theron are both m/m as will Arcann be to my knowledge.

Even making existing romance chars available as a new romance for all classes works for me. (Especially Aric and Kira! I know a few of my chars who would be happy to have a chance at them!)
Is it true that Arcann will be available as a SGR? If so, my IA is going to need to make a new decision. Theron or Arcann.

Thanks for the new drama writers. :-)

lightningseven
03.11.2018 , 09:57 PM | #787
Uhhhh UNLESS you have NOT been paying any attention, for like the past TWO or THREE years?
Companions' gear CAN BE TOTALLY EMPTY and it is NOT NEEDED to modify their gear anymore -- other than for LOOKS / Cosmetic reasons ONLY.

NO MODIFICATIONS will affect / enhance / detract from their performance in combat any longer. This was all fixed i think around 4.0 or 5.0 at the very least (KOTFE).

THE ONLY DRIVER that affects companion performance in battle now is INFLUENCE aka the old "Presence" stat.

NO MODS (including AUGMENTS which are just not necessary FOR THEM anymore) are needed in their gear now.

Did you not read the patch notes for 4.0 or 5.0?

oh that's right. most people don't care or bother to ever read patch notes....

Quote: Originally Posted by Tasher View Post
Eric and Keith,

This has been noted and asked multiple times. Repeatedly. Ad nauseum. Are the only questions you are willing to answer the ones about companions? Please give us an answer.

Ok, I will rephrase...

"So, my companions have their gear that I am planning to augment with the new augments. I am trying to decided between augmenting Theron's gear, Ashara's gear or Jaesa's gear. I cant decide which one to do first. Can you please shed some light on the new augments to help me decide?

Thank you so very much.

Cheers,
One TIC Poster

In all seriousness, please shed some light on the new augments. Thank you.
My NEW ideas for FUTURE #SWTOR6 #KOTET content:
Post-5.0 BUG LIST / FUTURE Content Requests AND Addendum: REVOLUTIONIZING SWTOR!
LEGACIES (Type "/CJOIN [legacy name]" IN CHAT to find me!): Satele Shan: CELESTIA; Star Forge: PALLADIUM; Darth Malgus: UNIVERSALYS

olagatonjedi
03.12.2018 , 06:42 AM | #788
Quote: Originally Posted by lightningseven View Post
Uhhhh UNLESS you have NOT been paying any attention, for like the past TWO or THREE years?
Companions' gear CAN BE TOTALLY EMPTY and it is NOT NEEDED to modify their gear anymore -- other than for LOOKS / Cosmetic reasons ONLY.

NO MODIFICATIONS will affect / enhance / detract from their performance in combat any longer. This was all fixed i think around 4.0 or 5.0 at the very least (KOTFE).

THE ONLY DRIVER that affects companion performance in battle now is INFLUENCE aka the old "Presence" stat.

NO MODS (including AUGMENTS which are just not necessary FOR THEM anymore) are needed in their gear now.

Did you not read the patch notes for 4.0 or 5.0?

oh that's right. most people don't care or bother to ever read patch notes....
Im pretty sure the companion has to have a weapon equipped, and I want to say it was concluded that their performance decreased if no weapon was in place, specifically the dual-weilding companions. Not sure if defense was tested in addition, but the tests were done post 5.x, iirc.

IanArgent
03.12.2018 , 07:02 AM | #789
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Im pretty sure the companion has to have a weapon equipped, and I want to say it was concluded that their performance decreased if no weapon was in place, specifically the dual-weilding companions. Not sure if defense was tested in addition, but the tests were done post 5.x, iirc.
At one point post 4.x, companion statted gear still provided some boosts to performance. Now I'm pretty sure it's just you have to have a weapon equipped, and dual-wielders > single-wielders. I've been given to understand that certain companions outperform other ones (in particular that the Pack Companions are mostly inferior to non-Pack Companions).

At my level of play, it hardly matters, though
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

olagatonjedi
03.12.2018 , 07:17 AM | #790
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
At one point post 4.x, companion statted gear still provided some boosts to performance. Now I'm pretty sure it's just you have to have a weapon equipped, and dual-wielders > single-wielders. I've been given to understand that certain companions outperform other ones (in particular that the Pack Companions are mostly inferior to non-Pack Companions).

At my level of play, it hardly matters, though
The stats themselves are meaningless, but a weapon needs to be equipped for max performance, per given comp.