Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New gold augments -- guide?

Lecto
03.07.2018 , 07:43 PM | #1
To whom it may concern,
I almost have all the matts I need to craft a set (after grinding forever), but I have no clue to get. All of the old gearing treads I used to follow have gone dead. Are there any gearing guides that tell you which augments to buy per class & discipline?

Thank you for you time,
~Lecto-Sama
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

Quraswren
03.07.2018 , 07:48 PM | #2
Dont buy any augments just yet unless you really just need them.

New high level ones are coming in May.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

LordTurin
03.07.2018 , 09:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Dont buy any augments just yet unless you really just need them.

New high level ones are coming in May.
Yup, and Keith mentioned that they will use the same mats.

If you really want to use the mats now, dig around for the threads about the alacrity bug (tldr alacrity is broken, so the gcd only changes at certain points so there are optimal points to put alacrity to balance lower gcd and higher energy regen depending on your playstyle and class).

Or just ask about that instead if the augments.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Sharkhonn
03.07.2018 , 09:49 PM | #4
Just a little FYI. If you have the mats then you don't need to buy anything. Just craft them. The schematics come from the crafting trainers.

Like the others said. If you can wait then wait till may.

Xbladez
03.08.2018 , 01:03 PM | #5
The new Augment only good for MM and does not effect anything outside those MM ops (from the podcast interview unless I misunderstood about these new augments).
Unless you are hardcore raider then you might hold off your mats (wait and see game :P)
Other than that you don't need to bother with new crafting stuff if you are just a casual player.

DavidAtkinson
03.08.2018 , 01:33 PM | #6
Will the new Augs be usable in PVP ?

AmadanNaBrona
03.08.2018 , 01:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Will the new Augs be usable in PVP ?
Usable? Yes.
Useful? No.

LordTurin
03.08.2018 , 02:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xbladez View Post
The new Augment only good for MM and does not effect anything outside those MM ops (from the podcast interview unless I misunderstood about these new augments).
Unless you are hardcore raider then you might hold off your mats (wait and see game :P)
Other than that you don't need to bother with new crafting stuff if you are just a casual player.
No, he was saying that the new boss is tuned around these new augments (and it is mm difficulty). Not that they have an effect that only happens in mm ops.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Storm-Cutter
03.08.2018 , 02:11 PM | #9
If/ whenever you plan to upgrade, craft what you need with a rank 50 companion. - That way the crits should bless you with an additional augment.

But as others say, if you can live without, then wait. You can always put the slots in your gear and fill them with cheap augments if you feel it makes much of a difference. - For solo stuff, probably not. For the cutting edge of operations, possibly. - For PvP it's better than nothing, but only marginally so.

TBH Instead of grinding creds and mats, you could be leaning the last nuances of your class and others. Knowing what to do and when and how classes clash and mesh can only be good for the future.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Boomdiddy
03.08.2018 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
No, he was saying that the new boss is tuned around these new augments (and it is mm difficulty). Not that they have an effect that only happens in mm ops.
Exactly this.
[*]We’ve added powerful new Augments for those who need additional stats to help take down Izax in Master Mode. Or, you simply want to be OP! In this new Flashpoint, we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns (Bind-on-Pickup – BOP) which will drop randomly off mobs and Bosses. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you may also find a Bind-on-Equip (BOE) version of the same patterns. We’ll follow up with the materials needed to craft the Augments.[/LIST]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Referral link for free stuff. I assure you, it is not a trap. This is what you get for clicking.Furthermore Carthage must be destroyed.