Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Date Updates!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArdeliaAgain
03.08.2018 , 08:10 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by CelynthePhoenix View Post
I never said picking up May 1st was a conspiracy against European players
They just said in the past they would try not to have maintenances on European public holidays because maintenance time is during the whole afternoon for us and I'm just letting them now May 1st is a public holiday in Europe because they may not be aware of that...
Ok, that's fair. I conflated several objections that landed in a row, and exaggerated for effect....I apologize for any mischaracterization.

I'm gonna stand by the rest, though ☺
When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?

Trlance
03.08.2018 , 08:19 AM | #42
Quote:
Oh and for your information, May 1st is a public holiday in quite a few European countries so probably not the best date for a maintenance.
- they don't care, deal with it.

Quote:
Early 2018 content released in May. Really?
- very good observation. Bioware SAID they will release new content early and we must wait to May. They LAID to us and dot. (they don't care).

KeithKanneg
03.08.2018 , 08:20 AM | #43 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Well look at that.

bioware managed to turn it into a 3 month road map after all.
Ok, I gotta admit, your comment made me laugh. Touché!

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MacCleoud
03.08.2018 , 08:51 AM | #44
I find the amount of complaining about Bioware LISTENING TO PLAYER FEEDBACK from the PTS hilarious. I understand that you (the general you not a specific you, but this hits home, then you can take it as being directed towards you) want content faster than has been coming, but wow! Seriously. Bioware gets hammered for not testing or listening to testers and then when they DO listen and push something back because it isn't working, you hammer them about that as well.

Take your BMW and pick a side. Don't BMW when they actually do what you ask them to do.

Quraswren
03.08.2018 , 08:58 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

---Keith
As long as we are being honest here. I can almost guarantee you, we are not laughing for the same reasons.

Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
I find the amount of complaining about Bioware LISTENING TO PLAYER FEEDBACK from the PTS hilarious. I understand that you (the general you not a specific you, but this hits home, then you can take it as being directed towards you) want content faster than has been coming, but wow! Seriously. Bioware gets hammered for not testing or listening to testers and then when they DO listen and push something back because it isn't working, you hammer them about that as well.

Take your BMW and pick a side. Don't BMW when they actually do what you ask them to do.
What part of all this makes you look at the release cadence and go, "Yea, this is early 2018."...?

How do you make that work out? Content coming early 2018! OH BTW! Not really.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

TUXs
03.08.2018 , 09:07 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

---Keith
I'm glad you were able to laugh at that comment

Our frustration isn't ever personal Keith...we're delighted to be spending our money and time on the things you guys work on every day...we spend HOURS, every day, playing in a world you guys created from scratch...some of us spend more time online in a single day, than you guys possibly could at the office.

I hope you take all of our frustrations as praise for how much we enjoy what you guys work on. Don't ever be insulted...be humbled by how much passion you're able to create doing what you do. We wouldn't be here complaining if we weren't also enthralled by what you guys do for a living
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MacCleoud
03.08.2018 , 09:16 AM | #47

What part of all this makes you look at release cadence and go, "Yea, this is early 2018."...?

How do you make that work out? Content coming early 2018! OH BTW!. You wont see it till May.
So...... would you have complained about the bugs and everything else that was messed up? Yes.

Are you complaining because they listened and are not releasing something broken Yes.

The content cadence is slow, but, May 1 is technically in the first 3rd of the the year, so yes, it would still be early 2018 if you split it into 3 areas, early/mid/late (Unless of course it is a leap year). It is the last day of the "early" third. So..... yeah. It is still "early" 2018. That is how you make it work that is still early 2018.

PS...... No... personally I don't think May 1 is early 2018. I was commenting on all the people B****ing Moaning and Whining about them actually testing something and pushing it back because it was broken.

SteveTheCynic
03.08.2018 , 09:43 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by CelynthePhoenix View Post
Oh and for your information, May 1st is a public holiday in quite a few European countries so probably not the best date for a maintenance.
It's worse than merely "a public holiday" in France. It is a sort of master mode public holiday, when just about everything, including trains, shops, restaurants, and similar, ALL stops. The police, firefighters, hospitals, power stations, and other important stuff continues to work, but that's about all.

So almost everyone's at home, and now they want to shut down the game all afternoon as well. Bah!

Perhaps they should take a leaf out of GW2's book. GW2, like GW1 before it, remains "up" the whole time there's a patch. If you're playing when the patch drops, you start to see messages in-game telling you that a new build is available. If you persist in staying logged in, when the new patch is two hours old, you get forcibly logged out.

No matter how you exit, the game will patch itself once you're out, and you can then bounce in and play.

This is true even for big huge patches like Heart of Thorns (which introduced new maps, a new story, and even a new class), and Path of Fire (mounts, new maps, new story, new challenges). And they can, if necessary, issue multiple emergency patches the same day.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Quraswren
03.08.2018 , 09:59 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
So...... would you have complained about the bugs and everything else that was messed up? Yes.
There is no reason not to. So sure.

Quote:
Are you complaining because they listened and are not releasing something broken Yes.
No, I'm complaining because May isn't early 2018. However, that you think it still wont be broken in some way is amusing.

Quote:
The content cadence is slow, but, May 1 is technically in the first 3rd of the the year, so yes, it would still be early 2018 if you split it into 3 areas, early/mid/late (Unless of course it is a leap year). It is the last day of the "early" third. So..... yeah. It is still "early" 2018. That is how you make it work that is still early 2108.
I guess you made it work but only if you were delusional but I did ask. Nearly every business runs quarterly BTW. 5 months into the year isn't early, even by your own made up scenario it would be mid.

Quote:
PS...... No... personally I don't think May 1 is early 2018. I was commenting on all the people B****ing Moaning and Whining about them actually testing something and pushing it back because it was broken.
At this point with bioware. I pretty much give everyone a large birth to complain about this game and how bioware handles it. They don't get some free pass from complaints for pushing back both patches when it was only one that had the problem they mention. Lets push back the second patch because they can at least be consistent in the screw ups and negative PR.

Doing something like that tells me something is rotten behind the curtain more than one messed up ops boss.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

MacCleoud
03.08.2018 , 10:15 AM | #50
There is no reason not to. So sure.

I guess you made it work but only if you were delusional but I did ask. Nearly every business runs quarterly BTW. 5 months into the year isn't early, even by your own made up scenario it would be mid.
I think everything else you said is right, but on this one.... May 1st is the 121st day of the year falls as the last full day of the first third. 121.666666667 days per third.

BUT... we run quarterly as well, and "Early" is Q1 for us. "Late" 2018 Q3. Q4 is "Oh Sh** we have to get these done before Thanksgiving" and we don't do any major changes between Thanksgiving and January 10th of the following year.

and you did ask...LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I think the cadence is slow. If they are going to be dropping Ops in an extended manner as they did with Gods, and interchanging that with an FP/"small" story/WZ thrown in then this is how I would expect it.

January- FP/Small Story
Feb - Boss
March FP/WZ/Story
April - Boss
May - FP/Story
June- Boss
July- FP/WZ/Story
August- Boss
Sept - FP/Story
Oct - Boss
November - FP/WZStory
December no changes.

6 bits of story, 6 new FP's, 5 new bosses and 3 new WZ's (even if they are reskins and a new mechanic...)every year

Rinse Repeat. But, not sure the funding BW receives would cover allowing this to happen.