Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Species Unlock Questions

yaelsu's Avatar


yaelsu
03.03.2018 , 05:25 AM | #1
So I recently subbed for 60 days to become a preffered player and some species were unlocked, So Will they be unlocked permanently or will they be locked again when the sub ends? And if it will be locked again when the sub ends and I have for example a Sith Pureblood character will I still be able to play with it?

DocDAM's Avatar


DocDAM
03.03.2018 , 06:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by yaelsu View Post
So I recently subbed for 60 days to become a preffered player
Subbing makes you a "Premium" player (just another word for "subbed"). After your sub ends, you are downgraded to "Preferred".


Quote:
and some species were unlocked, So Will they be unlocked permanently or will they be locked again when the sub ends?
They will be locked again (but see comments at bottom).

Quote:
And if it will be locked again when the sub ends and I have for example a Sith Pureblood character will I still be able to play with it?
You will still be able to play with it. General rule is: anything you own/used, you get to keep and use.



Three more things:

1) If you get any character to L50, the race of that character is automatically unlocked for good. So in your example, you get that Sith up to L50. Now you can make new Sith characters, even after your subscription ended. Note: you didn't even need to get that Sith up to 50 before the sub ended. Your sub can end, you get that Sith to 50, and now you can again make new Sith toons.

2) The unlock does more than that. Even as a sub, you can only make a Sith for certain classes (Warrior, Inquisitor). Once unlocked, you can make a Sith for any class, including Republic! So, a sub only partially unlocks. Getting that race to L50 fully unlocks.

3) You can buy that full unlock as well. On your Legacy screen. Legacy>Global Unlocks>Species. 1.5M credits per race. So, before your sub ends, you may want to consider buying them.
My Refer a Friend link here. [Rules and Rewards]

yaelsu's Avatar


yaelsu
03.03.2018 , 07:41 AM | #3
Quote:
Subbing makes you a "Premium" player (just another word for "subbed"). After your sub ends, you are downgraded to "Preferred".
Yeah i knew that but i'm not planning to sub again (At least for now) but a few friends told me that it still worth subbing for one month to unlock all dlc and after that become preffered

Quote:
Three more things:

1) If you get any character to L50, the race of that character is automatically unlocked for good. So in your example, you get that Sith up to L50. Now you can make new Sith characters, even after your subscription ended. Note: you didn't even need to get that Sith up to 50 before the sub ended. Your sub can end, you get that Sith to 50, and now you can again make new Sith toons.

2) The unlock does more than that. Even as a sub, you can only make a Sith for certain classes (Warrior, Inquisitor). Once unlocked, you can make a Sith for any class, including Republic! So, a sub only partially unlocks. Getting that race to L50 fully unlocks.

3) You can buy that full unlock as well. On your Legacy screen. Legacy>Global Unlocks>Species. 1.5M credits per race. So, before your sub ends, you may want to consider buying them.
Thanks a lot! I couldn't find any other threads with a solid awnser thank you!

DocDAM's Avatar


DocDAM
03.03.2018 , 10:13 AM | #4
You're welcome!

One more thing on species: Cathar and Togruta are only bought with cartel coins or from GTN (the in-game market) which is from other people who bought with CC. Once bought, they are fully account-unlocked. All the other unlocks are legacy-unlocked, i.e. that server-only.

And if you are planning on pref, there's a few other tips/secrets. Maybe your friends already gave you a good run down. While still subbed:

Click someone's referral link. This will give you an extra 7-days, and the Preferred Bundle. Which has some stuff you'll want to save for when you are Pref (they will be inactive before then, don't throw them out!). See the RAF page for more info (I have a link in my sig to the "rules"). You get that stuff mailed to each toon.

Amass a bunch of credits, and try to buy account-wide unlocks to the stuff you won't get in the Pref bundle. The most prized is probably Artifact Equipment unlock. But it is very expensive (2700 CC in CM, my server has someone selling it for ~35M credits).

Also look to buy a holostatue trainer. But the only buyable ones on GTN (Satele Shan and Malgus) are faction-specific. And then you'll still have to spend CC to account-wide unlock. Unless you were logged in over Xmas and already got the Senya trainer.

My usual tip: don't waste CC on pretty barbie stuff. Use for unlocks (IMO, of course, if you like dressup...)

Lots more, but those are the high points.
My Refer a Friend link here. [Rules and Rewards]