Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Romko-
03.02.2018 , 09:50 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by mfdencolo View Post
No, it isn't an exploit when an individual player leaves a guild and join another, but when several guilds collude together to pool their resources/members to win a planet, it is an exploit. Scenario: The allied guilds decide that for a given week they will help Guild A win Planet X. Members from the allied guilds take turns joining Guild A, run Conquest events (lockouts, WZs, etc.) and then leave Guild A. Then other players from the allied guilds join Guild A and do the same thing. The next day the same scenario is repeated, and so on for the duration of Conquest week. It is cheating and most certainly is an exploit.
This ^

hesfalcon
03.02.2018 , 09:52 AM | #172
Guilds are limited to 1000 characters. That is a rule.

Guild alliances that run more than 1000 characters through conquest in a week by multiple guilds running their characters through the chosen guild that week are getting around the 1000 character limit.

Therefore it is an exploit. It is a planned, strategic behavior.

Only let characters get conquest points on the guild they are a member of at the start of the week. Don't let guilds count points of new members who join after the start of a conquest week.

Only way to fix that exploit.

Toraak
03.02.2018 , 09:52 AM | #173
The guild summons alone is worth a guildship. For the record the cost of the summons isn't 10k per person being summoned it's 10k for clicking on the summon button once. Meaning if i'm in a group of 8, I summon the rest of the 7 people to my spot for 10k.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

ShadowGovernator
03.02.2018 , 10:00 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
It's evident that you cannot even understand the advantages that guildships provide, where the "invasion" part isn't even amongst they key ones, so I will just leave this discussion here, hopefully you will play more of the group content in this game and maybe then understand the advantages, for a solo player like yourself I guess those advantages are all new to you.
What are you talking about?
If you read my posts a few pages back, you would know, that I run a full 1K member guild - one that is currently in 2th place in this week's conquest, so we must be doing something right. We have a fully unlocked and decorated flagship.
We do group content all the time, so I think you are the real solo player here.
You do not know what you are talking about.
Let's leave it at that.

Darevsool
03.02.2018 , 10:03 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowGovernator View Post
I was just trying to make a point of the cost of having a guild flagship and that you can do not need to have a guild flagship anymore.
You don't get any special benefits from having one, if they remove the guild invasion bonus - you know the bonus you get for moving the guild flagship to a new planet each week and invade that planet with invasion force to earn more conquest points.
There's no conquest point bonus for "physically" moving the guild ship.
The conquest point bonus is for choosing a specific planet that gives you a bonus % to the base conquest points.

If doing a single warzone match gives you 500 conquest points, and there is a planet bonus bumping it up to 1000 (shown in green text in the conquest menu in game), THAT is the bonus they're removing. You don't have to actually move your guild ship to that planet to get that bonus, it's automatic, at least right now.
Now just another cog in the gaming machine.
and NO...
This is not multi-boxing

Stellarcrusade
03.02.2018 , 10:09 AM | #176
Will the broken conquest rewards be fixed. The ones like "do the weekly quests on planet..." and "kill the bonus boss ON ANY MODE of blahblah flashpoint" have never worked. You do them you get no conquest. Gee thanks.
(these quotes are actually paraphrased, not sure if that's obvious enough)

Stellarcrusade
03.02.2018 , 10:14 AM | #177
Everyone who is crying about having spent millions to unlock their strongholds that are now pouting are looking at it wrong. You paid (as did I) to unlock, and what you got out of it was X number of weeks of advantage. Not infinite number of weeks. Its not like you didn't get anything for it. Frankly, the only one who should complain would be someone who just yesterday spent 100M on those upgrades.

So you've been around a long time and things sucked in the past, but they are improving it for newer "conquesters" or newer players. And the game has to continue to improve for newer players to survive. Deal with it.

Darevsool
03.02.2018 , 10:18 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Everyone who is crying about having spent millions to unlock their strongholds that are now pouting are looking at it wrong. You paid (as did I) to unlock, and what you got out of it was X number of weeks of advantage. Not infinite number of weeks. Its not like you didn't get anything for it. Frankly, the only one who should complain would be someone who just yesterday spent 100M on those upgrades.

So you've been around a long time and things sucked in the past, but they are improving it for newer "conquesters" or newer players. And the game has to continue to improve for newer players to survive. Deal with it.
I spent about 15 million in the last two weeks on Darth Malgus opening up and decorating DK/NS/Cor strongholds on two accounts.
My annoyance level is about the same as getting bit by a mosquito.
Now just another cog in the gaming machine.
and NO...
This is not multi-boxing

casirabit
03.02.2018 , 10:24 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post

I can understand their point in the stronghold situation. If a person only needs to unlock the first room and get the bonus then that could be a problem. I would deal with it as getting the bonus was not the reason I brought my strongholds but they should make it more than just one room for the 25% bonus, but that is my opinion.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

EricMusco
03.02.2018 , 10:27 AM | #180 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Seeing some questions about exactly how the bonus is tabulated. Such as, is it just the Stronghold unlock or does it include the rooms, how do duplicates counts, etc. I am working on getting all of those details from the dev team and should have them by this afternoon.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]