Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.01.2018 , 10:28 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by jedikranma View Post
does that mean anyone not in the top ten can get flagship encryptions for completing the conquest points or is that still only for top 10
Anyone can get them now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Medullah View Post
This is how I read this as well and thank you, thank you, thank you. So just to make sure Eric/Keith/et all, this means if I have 6 empty strongholds I still get the 150%? So I can finally start decorating and taking my time?
Six empty Strongholds does mean 150% bonus, yes.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

aryss
03.01.2018 , 10:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Six empty Strongholds does mean 150% bonus, yes.

-eric
Do you just need to own the stronghold to get the bonus or do you still need to unlock it all? Because if that's not necessary and you guys are going to award the full bonus to people that have just bought the strongholds and didn't actually unlock them, then you're giving a really big finger to those of us that spent millions of credits to buy and unlock everything.

EricMusco
03.01.2018 , 10:35 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I am a little confused by exactly what this change will mean.

Will it basically be that each planet will be good for a certain size guild?

If that is the case, I am curious why it is completely optional.
Like I agree that a guild should be able to say "I'm tiny but strong" and compete against bigger guilds, but if bigger guilds can do less for the same reward it is just going to be abused.
I am curious how this will be addressed?
Let me try to let it out with an example and see if I can make more sense of it. Let's say a Conquest has 3 planets that you can invade...

Planet 1
Low point requirement to complete
Low reward for completing that conquest

Planet 2
Medium point requirement to complete
Medium reward for completing that conquest

Planet 3
High point requirement to complete
High reward for completing that conquest

If you look at planet 1, since there is a lower point requirement to complete the Conquest, it is loosely targeted at smaller guilds. However, since it is easier to complete, it means less rewards. If a large Guild still wanted to go for it, they still can. It will obviously be easier for them with larger player contribution, but they would be sacrificing conquest rewards to do so (since planet 2 and 3 would reward more).

TLDR - Small planets mean small rewards, big planets mean big rewards.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthDymond
03.01.2018 , 10:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I am a little confused by exactly what this change will mean.

Will it basically be that each planet will be good for a certain size guild?

If that is the case, I am curious why it is completely optional.
Like I agree that a guild should be able to say "I'm tiny but strong" and compete against bigger guilds, but if bigger guilds can do less for the same reward it is just going to be abused.
I am curious how this will be addressed?
It sounds like it's not the same reward -- Eric said the higher yield planets will provide better rewards. The big guilds will have an incentive to go after them instead of the "smaller" targets, but will have the option to go for a lower-effort / lower-reward approach if they choose.

How well this works out in practice will probably depend in great part on how well they balance the relative rewards.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

ninjonxb
03.01.2018 , 10:39 AM | #15
Let me try to let it out with an example and see if I can make more sense of it. Let's say a Conquest has 3 planets that you can invade...

Planet 1
Low point requirement to complete
Low reward for completing that conquest

Planet 2
Medium point requirement to complete
Medium reward for completing that conquest

Planet 3
High point requirement to complete
High reward for completing that conquest

If you look at planet 1, since there is a lower point requirement to complete the Conquest, it is loosely targeted at smaller guilds. However, since it is easier to complete, it means less rewards. If a large Guild still wanted to go for it, they still can. It will obviously be easier for them with larger player contribution, but they would be sacrificing conquest rewards to do so (since planet 2 and 3 would reward more).

TLDR - Small planets mean small rewards, big planets mean big rewards.
That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

I do still worry that this will just make the big guild domination easier in some ways. Will have to see after it launches though.

I am curious if you had thought of a system to restrict the 'easier' planets.
Maybe the more you win you go up a system that will at some point block you from certain planets. But you will also go down in time if you loose/don't do it, just in case your guild drops heavily in players.

Either way, great work and I am looking forward to the changes.

tirnoney
03.01.2018 , 10:42 AM | #16
Some of these changes are very welcome. But as GM and senior officer in 2 large guilds that focus on conquest and win planets most week on Darth Malgus, I'm most interested in any changes that will affect the running of GF last boss kills and crafting conquest weeks. Both activities are the mainstay of conquest guilds. Neither of them have been talked about in the changes. I'd be grateful if you could clarify if they will be affected at all. Thanks.

Aintiarna --- <Wardens of the Republic> --- <Untempered Dread>

hesfalcon
03.01.2018 , 10:48 AM | #17
As a member of a large conquest guild, I would like to know if there will be a limitation that will prevent several guilds from collaborating by running thousands of characters through one of their guilds during the week. I would like to see conquest points only apply to the guild a character is a member of at the beginning of the week. If they leave, they should not be able to spread points to other guilds in an alliance. This is a big issue on Satele Shan.

UlaVii
03.01.2018 , 10:49 AM | #18
Have you remove the gold panel that states who did or did not conquer a location?

Can conquest weeks repeat, so Balance Of Power followed by Balance Of Power?

Is the randomness even? So Rishi & Yavin have equal chance as other weeks? Does that include Iokath solo week?

Are there any new conquest weeks?

How has the point rebalance affected "crafting weeks"?

Will the new daily objectives be known in advance? So with the Tuesday reset can I see a list of what is coming up for Fri/Sat?

I love the "contribution leaderboard" section. I have been doing the scoring for my guild manually for the last few years and it takes ages each week. This makes it so much easier. Will it be by legacy? I normally total up all the points for every character based on legacy. How many will it show in the list? I currently do everyone who scored over 100k across their legacy.

I feel the change about having a tier system will harm smaller guilds as I know others do like mine and go with a mostly rotation based schedule so some weeks we will go for low tier planets. I mean the higher tier rewards would have to be pretty decent if we're going to re-invade a planet we already conquered in the same month (thanks to the new randomness). I think this was a nice idea, it definitely feels like a step in the right direction somehow but I just don't think it solves the issue.

UlaVii
03.01.2018 , 10:56 AM | #19
recurring events will still be on a set schedule (such as the Gree event)
Can we get that schedule?

curulz
03.01.2018 , 10:57 AM | #20
[*]Weekly Conquests are no longer on a set schedule and will be randomly selected each week. The exception to this rule is that Conquests that coincide with recurring events will still be on a set schedule (such as the Gree event).[/list]
One of the reasons folks asked for a schedule was so they could plan which planet to target which week. Looks like this is mostly out the window now. I'm having a hard time seeing how a random week is going to help anyone who prefers to make a plan of attack?