Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

client repair tool

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AaronStorm
12.30.2011 , 01:13 PM | #1
I've tried looking everywhere but I can't find a client repair tool. I found a fix launcher, but nothing to check data for the client and repair anything damaged.

Recently I got a blue screen while SWTOR was loading up, right after logging in and before I could press play. I don't think it was caused by SWTOR, after it happened I ran a full virus scan and found 3 trojans. Anyway the real problem is that now when I launch the game it wants to download everything, starting with the 11.5gb main assets 1. Considering the size it's going to take hours for it to download and reinstall everything, so if someone can point me to a repair tool that would save me a ton of time

Thanks.

Conveeyor
12.30.2011 , 01:16 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
You can find the 'repair' function for the launcher in the lower left bottom of the launcher window (the symbol with the cogwheels). When you choose 'repair' it should check your installation for any corrupt files.

We hope this answers your questions.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

AlyxR
12.30.2011 , 01:18 PM | #3
don't know if you have another pc in the house with the game installed.

but if you have....your able to copy over the contents of your installation folder over to the one with the problems.
I started to download the game to another pc but couldn't be bothering to wait that long so I just tried

the repair function is accessible via starting the game and login...then press the preference icon thing and click repair.

AaronStorm
12.30.2011 , 01:19 PM | #4
Sadly it says I can't use that option until the game is patched. Apparently the main problem is that whatever file that tells the launcher that everything is patched is what broke. Which makes sense it probably crashed just as the launcher was checking that I was patched and whether there are any new patches.

Conveeyor
12.30.2011 , 02:01 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We would recommend you to use the 'FixLauncher.exe' first - this will install a new launcher. Afterwards you should have the chance to 'repair' your installation. We would ask you to wait a few moments and let the launcher update first.

We hope this solves your problem.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Dxkrooked
12.30.2011 , 02:16 PM | #6
And if the launcher isn't the problem? Do you have a fix for the client hard crash that this mornings update seems to have caused on some systems?

AaronStorm
12.30.2011 , 03:33 PM | #7
Yeah tried the fix launcher.exe earlier. It did install a new launcher I believe, however it just went straight back to installing the game again. As far as I can figure out it's a problem with whatever file the launcher is checking with to verify that the patches have all been installed.

Although I just read another post saying that it has something to do with the CDN host or something and that BW is already aware and trying to fix it. So maybe the problem isn't directly related to my computer crashing. Although that forum thread was from the 28th, so maybe it is something on my end.

PFCN
01.29.2015 , 06:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AaronStorm View Post
Sadly it says I can't use that option until the game is patched. Apparently the main problem is that whatever file that tells the launcher that everything is patched is what broke. Which makes sense it probably crashed just as the launcher was checking that I was patched and whether there are any new patches.
That's because the launcher is a total crap. Not very different from the game itself. Every freaking time I have a problem patching, and that is often, I have to re-install the game. There is no way to verify or repair the game unless it is fully patched. What the hell, if I have it fully patched I don't need to repair. Could one be more incompetent?

We need some way to force verify and/or repair from start! And preferably before log in, not after.

OwenBrooks
01.30.2015 , 12:13 AM | #9
if your using the streaming launcher - Do you have the letters ST on the lower left of the launcher after login ? - if so http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911