Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kimiko_tomiyama
02.22.2018 , 10:51 PM | #691
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
Actually they all vanished in chapter 1 of KOTFE so that's:
2 years, 3 months, 26 days or
849 days or
121 weeks and 2 days or
20,376 hours or
1,222,560 minutes or
73,353,600 seconds.

And they haven't worked proper in all that time. But why hurry a fix? :P
I'm growing convinced that they interpreted the 5 years you were gone before the whole Eternal Grind literally.

Lakemine
02.22.2018 , 10:57 PM | #692
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Bolster only goes to 242, not 246.

Also, the 242 works on total stats on everything equiped at once. So if you add Augments that put you over the theoretical bolster limit, your normal gear won’t bolster properly and you’ll actually lose stats to bring you back to under 242.

As a previous poster said, Hottie and few others did some testing of bolster and found the sweet spot before 242 to be 236. Wearing 234 and 240 gear gives weird results and so does mixing internal mods and enhancement lvls.

From my own testing, I’ve found the best thing to do is use 230 gear and upgrade to 236 as you get it. But don’t mix items in shells, don’t equip Augments and don’t use any other armor, implants, ear or relics until you have a full set of 242 gear to equip at the same time. If you do, there will be mixed and unpredictable results with Bolster.

But once you have 242 gear or higher, you should definitely equip Augments and also upgrade to higher items as you get them.

In the mean time, you will have people in 248 gear with 236 Augments in matches and they will have a significant advantage over you if you are the same lvl of skill. They will win 9/10 encounters with you and there is not a thing you can do.

I’m also in favour of making gear not matter in pvp so that it is skill vs skill. Actually if you play any mids or lowbie pvp, that is exactly what happens with gear. It bolsters to 242, which is unobtainable by anyone prior to lvl 70. So that means everyone has basically the same stats based on their class and mix. Lowbies and Mids are the last bastion of skill vs skill and not gear vs gear in the game.
Ideally they would just jack up the Bolster lvl to way above the current max gear with Augments attached. This would put everyone on a lvl playing field.
Weird.....I seem to remember with 5.0 the bolster was to 250, and then they lowered it to 236 and caused a uproar, so they changed it to 246, not quite the highest gear rating but close enough. Could be wrong and I'm to lazy to go find the yellow post lol.
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
02.22.2018 , 10:59 PM | #693
That isn’t correct about wearing no gear.
Well for damage it correct, but for surviving it is not correct. I have gone into pvp with empty shells, I die VERY fast, but I still am in the top 3 dps overall the entire game.
I love Star Wars.

LordTurin
02.22.2018 , 11:34 PM | #694
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakemine View Post
Hmm.....maybe. Oh and me dying in 3 seconds is after I had died due to using all my DCDs and surviving lol, my bad for not explaining that.

I guess it just might be the armor reduction stat that is bothering me. Dps wise I still do roughly the same numbers from 230 to 246, just slightly a bit more. So it most likely is just the armor rating plus the endurance stat. Which I just want it removed and normalized across everyone, but with your explanation and the math, its not as bad as I thought, so thank you.

Still wish it though
Ah, well any class being attacked by a bunch of enemies with no healers after they've popped all their DCD's should die after 3 seconds

Again, the problem is probably that people tend to focus you more when you HP is below 129k, because they assume you are not geared and therefore less skilled. The actual stat's are not really different, but you are much more likely to be the first to be targeted in those situations (especially arenas) so it feels like a big difference. But as a merc, think of it as practice for being a jug or pt in full 248 gear, you'd get targeted first if you played that class too

Weird.....I seem to remember with 5.0 the bolster was to 250, and then they lowered it to 236 and caused a uproar, so they changed it to 246, not quite the highest gear rating but close enough. Could be wrong and I'm to lazy to go find the yellow post lol.
You have the first 2 parts right, but they changed it to 242 not 246. A bunch of folks (Trixie included) wanted it at 248 gear (not an option they gave when they polled us), but BW felt they needed a carrot to get a large enough population to PVP. And while I only have anecdotal evidence (but clearly BW agrees), at least for myself and many of my guildies in all 3 of my guilds, the gear is a big carrot to make us PVP more than we would, and the population isn't high enough to sustain those who would do it without a carrot (i.e. it is better to have pops every 5 minutes because a bunch of people are going for gear than it is to have a pop every 20 minutes of only those doing it for "skill vs skill")
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

TrixxieTriss
02.22.2018 , 11:44 PM | #695
Well for damage it correct, but for surviving it is not correct. I have gone into pvp with empty shells, I die VERY fast, but I still am in the top 3 dps overall the entire game.
Actually it’s not correct. If you don’t believe me, go to the Bolster terminal on the fleet and test it on the WZ dummy

TrixxieTriss
02.22.2018 , 11:51 PM | #696
Here you go 😉

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

For this week’s discussion topic, let’s talk about Bolster! This has been a hot-button item since the launch of 5.0 due to various changes which have been made. Here is a bit of a history on what we have done so far:
When we launched Eternal Throne Bolster increased everyone’s item rating up to 250 (which was 8 higher than the highest possible gear rating of 242 at the time). This meant that gear was irrelevant in PvP as Bolster made an equal playing field. However, it is our design intent that players in all gameplay have some form of gear progression and so in Game Update 5.1 we lowered the effect of Bolster in PvP to 232. To compensate for the launch of Tier 4 gear we increased Bolsters effect in PvP to item rating 238.
There have been numerous feedback threads on both sides of the fence on this topic, but it seems the larger consensus is that players would like to see a higher bolster rating in PvP to lower the overall gear gap. With that in mind we want to present 3 possible options and see what you think:
  1. Bolster is equal to item rating 238. - This is how it works today, this effectively puts you slightly above Tier 2 gear.
  2. Bolster is equal to item rating 240. – This would place Bolster equal to the start of Tier 3 gear. There would now be an 8 rating difference between Bolster and the highest tier of gear (248). For reference this is identical to the gap that existed for Bolster prior to 5.0.
  3. Bolster is equal to item rating 242. – This would place Bolster at the top end of Tier 3 gear, meaning only Tier 4 gear is above it.

Let us know what you think? Do you like Bolster where it is? Do you want to see it go up?

-eric
Let me state by saying, that last sentence about what we think and where did we want it was throughly ignored by Bioware. So I’m not sure why they bothered to add it considering they totally ignored the feed back.
There was a whole thread of where 95% of participants wanted Bolster to be at or above 246. The majority or posters even wanted it set back at 250 or at least 248.

Glzmo
02.23.2018 , 02:43 AM | #697
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
"We’ve added powerful new Augments for those who need additional stats to help take down Izax in Master Mode. Or, you simply want to be OP! In this new Flashpoint, we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns (Bind-on-Pickup – BOP) which will drop randomly off mobs and Bosses. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you may also find a Bind-on-Equip (BOE) version of the same patterns. We’ll follow up with the materials needed to craft the Augments."

What about pvp players? We dont like to play flash points, operations etc so why you are forcing us to do it? We must be competitive in pvp, having best stats so why we cant get these new augments via pvp too?
Good point. Another good question would be: "What about dedicated crafters? We don't play combat!". Schematics should always be tradable (and not just rare ones, they should be easily acquirable!), or at the very least, bind on Legacy.

Let me state by saying, that last sentence about what we think and where did we want it was throughly ignored by Bioware. So I’m not sure why they bothered to add it considering they totally ignored the feed back.
There was a whole thread of where 95% of participants wanted Bolster to be at or above 246. The majority or posters even wanted it set back at 250 or at least 248.
Indeed. PVP shouldn't be about gear, it should be an even playing field about player skill.

sorakingdomheart
02.23.2018 , 07:11 AM | #698
Will you be fixing the companion bug where they hang back for miles and unless you stop walking they never catch up?
Good god man im a doctor not a savage!.

xXAstroHDXx
02.23.2018 , 07:25 AM | #699
Well, even though I'm a bit late, it's nice to have a Update! ^^

KeithKanneg
02.23.2018 , 08:07 AM | #700 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
Eric/Keith,

Thank you for providing us the eagerly anticipated roadmap. Having spent much of my IT career in software development, I know just how much work goes into deciding what to add, remove, and change in any production environment. That being said, there's quite a few QoL issues being brought up that I didn't see mentioned. Have you guys discussed with the team some of the items below, and where that might fit into the 2018 roadmap, or beyond?

1. Account-wide ignore feature going in both directions to help manage/mitigate the toxicity of public chat channels in the absence of in-game moderation. (And along with that, the removal of the cap on the Ignore list.)
  2. Right-click report feature for exploiting/hacking in WZs that captures the necessary server logs to verify cheating occurred so that the player isn't required to basically stop playing in order to submit a ticket or take supporting screenshots that they then submit directly to Eric or Keith.
  3. Stronghold decoration maintenance/updates, to include a hook capacity increase for flagships from 800 to 1000. (This area of the game is sorely in need of attention: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=921318)
  4. Guild interface improvements. (There was a really good suggestion thread on this but I can't find it now.)

Thanks again for the exciting news and your continued commitment to this game we all love.
Hey there. All excellent suggestions, so thanks for the ideas. Here's my thoughts on each:
  1. Account-wide ignore feature and ignore list cap - I like the account wide idea and we'll look into the Cap. What we may find is we need to automatically clean up your list and remove those accounts which are no longer part of TOR such as banned Advertisers.
  2. Right-click report feature for exploiting/hacking in WZs - not sure why we don't already have that in place. Will ask the team to investigate.
  3. Stronghold decoration maintenance/updates - we'll look into it.
  4. Guild interface improvements - Already on our list. I met with some players at our New York Cantina and they followed up with a ton of ideas. We've had many discussions about Guild Management, along with additional ideas on Guild engagement activities. It's not yet on the Production schedule, but it's an excellent Quality of Life improvement where all Guilds benefit.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]