Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

Ah! Good question. Since we opted to do the forum version of the roadmap, where we can hang around in here and continue to answer questions, we don't see as big of an urgency to do a livestream ASAP. Since they can serve a similar purpose of Q&A around the roadmap.

Our current plan is that we will do a stream closer to the launch of 5.8. This way we can showcase some things from 5.8, answer questions about that update, 5.9, the roadmap, and beyond. In the meantime we are gonna continue working to address questions around the roadmap here on the forums. Along with releasing more details about the things that are coming in 5.8 and 5.9 as mentioned in the roadmap like conquests, augments, class changes, CM changes, etc.

-eric

Hey Eric,

just in case you missed an earlier post of mine. Is there any chance you could answer how these new powerful Augments will affect pvp’s gear discrepancy.

Do you have plans to alter Bolster up again or will you put a cap on how many extra stats the Augments will give in pvp?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! Good question. Since we opted to do the forum version of the roadmap, where we can hang around in here and continue to answer questions, we don't see as big of an urgency to do a livestream ASAP. Since they can serve a similar purpose of Q&A around the roadmap.

Our current plan is that we will do a stream closer to the launch of 5.8. This way we can showcase some things from 5.8, answer questions about that update, 5.9, the roadmap, and beyond. In the meantime we are gonna continue working to address questions around the roadmap here on the forums. Along with releasing more details about the things that are coming in 5.8 and 5.9 as mentioned in the roadmap like conquests, augments, class changes, CM changes, etc.

-eric

Any chance you could address the future of companion interaction? Will class specific companions be integrated into the ongoing story and will we get more side conversations? Some details on your plans for the future would be appreciated.

• Dev Post
Hey Eric,

just in case you missed an earlier post of mine. Is there any chance you could answer how these new powerful Augments will affect pvp’s gear discrepancy.

Do you have plans to alter Bolster up again or will you put a cap on how many extra stats the Augments will give in pvp?

Check for this info when I get out the detailed breakdown on the new augments. If it isn't covered, please ask and I will look for clarification then. I will make a note though to try to ensure that information is conveyed.

-eric

Hey. Eric. Since you're all active right now...

any chance you'll address the Anti-Arcannite crowd?

You'll get your answer when the content for him is released. March 13th. They won't do spoilers, just like with the traitor arc where they're refusing to answer the many "can he be killed" demands for.

@Eric: Do you think it is possible to make all the story content after KOTET repeatable like the chapters? War for Iokath etc. Also i think that the new Flashpoints should include the original cinematics and characters in story mode, just as if they are played the first time. The cinematics are buggy and sometimes just aren't played correctly.

-eric

Thanks for the answer! :)

Can confirm that 5.9 will mark the end of the traitor storyline. I am not going to answer the second question, you will just have to see how things play out. Similarly, we won't really answer many Theron related questions as to avoid any 5.9 spoilers :).

-eric

Maybe you can answer this Theron question. Why is he still in the Alliance War Room, even though he turned traitor? Speaking of Companions in the Odessen Base... can some of the companions that have returned since KotFE (Jorgan, Gault, Broonmark (Maybe he is there if you don't kill him?) Kaliyo, Vette, Torian, Dorne, Temple, Quinn, Treek, The Gamorrean Guard, and the Droid/Creature CM Companions) show up in the Alliance Base? It would be nice to see them every once in a while while walking around?

@Eric: Do you think it is possible to make all the story content after KOTET repeatable like the chapters? War for Iokath etc. Also i think that the new Flashpoints should include the original cinematics and characters in story mode, just as if they are played the first time. The cinematics are buggy and sometimes just aren't played correctly.

This too! PLEASE!

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

Yes! I would love to have the option to replay Iokath with my custom Quinn for screenshot purposes.

-eric

You are answering questions huh, answer this one.

Eric what is happening with actual story content, not just flashpoints.

You can't ignore this forever.

Do you think your CC whales are Hardcore Raiders, or PvP'ers, they might be sure but they are also STORY players, who else but a Role Player would drop $100's on aesthetics?

I am not a critic of KotFE or KotET overall, sure some aspects sucked and little care was taken with the important details that story players look for but overall it was ok.

This flashpoint "story" (I feel dirty even including "story" in this sentence) is unacceptable.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

These are all great questions! I am going to be posting a separate write-up about the Conquest changes. I don't have timing yet but it shouldn't be too far away. We can then address and Conquest questions in that thread.

Thanks!

-eric

so you guys are about 3 weeks away from releasing this update and you tell me you have none of these details nailed down to the point where you should have finished testing by now this is so silly that it is sad.

This. Especially with no expansion coming, the amount of story content being released is not enough to justify a monthly subscription. Flashpoints are a terrible format for the main story, and the companion returns (outside of chapters) have been 2 minutes of content or less.

You crusade into every thread with it. You don't like it. We get it. It's old already. Can you at least contain it within the hate thread bubble instead of hijacking every gold post?
Every post I've mentioned this in, it's been relevant. If you disagree, feel free to report me for spamming. Good luck with that.

You'll get your answer when the content for him is released. March 13th. They won't do spoilers, just like with the traitor arc where they're refusing to answer the many "can he be killed" demands for.
Looks like Eric is going to ignore inconvenient questions... but your answer does kind of fit. I'm not sure I have it in me to wait 2 whole weeks to be utterly disappointed.

I am not going to answer the second question, you will just have to see how things play out. Similarly, we won't really answer many Theron related questions as to avoid any 5.9 spoilers
- funny how you are so excited to answer this stupid question but about bug on Iokath with dark corruption on face what exist almost for year you can't respond for .. year. Same bug on last chapter KoTET where in almost last cutscene my Sith character have bug where camera only show his chest without face like he stand on something and looks too big. I have video from it if you need it. Play 25 chapters and in the end in the most epic moment that kind of bug .. no comment. I need write AGAIN about bugs on Rishi and Copero flashpoints too?

Every post I've mentioned this in, it's been relevant. If you disagree, feel free to report me for spamming. Good luck with that.

Looks like Eric is going to ignore inconvenient questions... but your answer does kind of fit. I'm not sure I have it in me to wait 2 whole weeks to be utterly disappointed.

If it doesn't happen this time, in terms of a kill/exile option, will you continue asking for it with every update?🤔

Do you think your CC whales are Hardcore Raiders, or PvP'ers, they might be sure but they are also STORY players, who else but a Role Player would drop $100's on aesthetics?

I am not a critic of KotFE or KotET overall, sure some aspects sucked and little care was taken with the important details that story players look for but overall it was ok.

This flashpoint "story" (I feel dirty even including "story" in this sentence) is unacceptable.

Yes we need answers to this....

^^^ This ^^^

In addition, could we see characters from KOTFE/ET take up a role in upcoming content? (Vette, Gault, Aric, Arcann, Koth, Senya etc) Even if it's done in a small way? (I.E. no speaking parts, npc in the background.)

*Puts on the Sith Voodoo robe* Can Darth Marr come back?

*Puts on the Zakuul Voodoo robe* ... and Vaylin?

Edited by Paulsutherland

^This.

Story is what I am wating for.

All The Best

Well Iokath story was short, only four missions with 2 or 3 cutscenes in one. It's like only 2 or little more chapters of KoTFE or KoTET. Propably that why it isn't call 6.0 and that why i expect for 6.0 huge expansion like 9 chapters of story with 25 minutes cutscenes in one. In almost 2 years (from 5.0 to 6.0) we got only Iokath and 3 flashpoints .... this is like ONLY 4 chapters of story. Even if we have new operation and new daily planet for TWO years only 4 chapters story is very sad. Edited by Trlance

Check for this info when I get out the detailed breakdown on the new augments. If it isn't covered, please ask and I will look for clarification then. I will make a note though to try to ensure that information is conveyed.

-eric

Pvp community is waiting for an answer about grinding the new augments: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9545313#post9545313

We need answers about forced pve content and competition in pvp

:) I have a question about Vector’s return. I have played kotfe on another character but wanted to skip kotfe on my imperial agent and go straight into kotet. If I only play kotet will I still get the alliance alert when Vector returns? I had heard we had to play kotfe to get the whole alliance thing. Thank you in advance.:D

Since others are asking about the story I wish to ask this to :

Because the entire scene in the KOTFE in chapter 9 during cantina conversation was confusing for the many people and there are entire threads about that http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=846257 some of us because of it did messed up the romance with the Lana or some other companion in it which were important for the story of our characters and nowhere there was an clear indication how by picking the non flirt option in it will have an such big impact on it ( even if we romanced them since SOR ), will we get the chance for a new lock for the romance with them in the future storyline ?

If not that I would like to know is there a chance that sometime in the future will be added for the game an option which would allow us to reset the story flags by replaying the chapters ?

As for the game I would like to ask besides that if we might expect again for it to get the larger expansions like SOR or ROTHC or even bigger than that ? Also I'm wondering will BW maybe in the future start releasing full operations again and move away from the current practice of releasing one boss at the time for a single op ?

Edited by Lunablade

For the people asking for "story" not "flashpoints", what is the difference between 90% of the KOTFE/KOTET chapters and a solo flashpoint for story? I legit do not see a difference between them, except the like 2 chapters that were mostly open world.