Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

Will 6.0 still be considered an "expansion" or just a larger update? I know an expansion can of course be considered an update, but there's a general understanding of what we mean when we're talking about an "expansion"
I think where I'm honestly, finally, just done with SWTOR (haven't logged in for 3 weeks now) is my understanding that we're not getting an expansion. We're not. SWTOR will never be allowed to have enough resources to move on from the disappointing, disastrous Zakuul story line. Our hopes die here.

On another forum unrelated to gaming, a forum posted just posted this:

Never let accountants run your business because they only thing they really know how to do is to tell you why you went bankrupt.

And the first thing I thought of was SWTOR.

All The Best

This quote actually makes me think of my father... who doesn't understand the value of ANYTHING that doesn't have a dollar sign in front of it.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh.

....I'm still expecting a reply to the Arcann ... thing, Eric and/or Keith.

You can't be unaware that a lot of us are unhappy about this really controversial decision... and while I don't expect you to unmake it, us anti-arcannites would at least appreciate a chance to get some closure with the King of All Mass Murderers, and at leas exile him for his crimes which, redeemed or not, cannot be forgotten.

This would eliminate the chance of guilds kicking members on Monday to ensure those members dont receive their weekly guild rewards which happens fairly often.

Thank you!

Quick sidenote on that snippet:

Any guild with such beaviour should be banned and the goods and credits in their bank should be given back to their members!

Such behaviour makes me extreme angry:mad:

Greets

Markus from germany

EDIT: an "a" added

Edited by TSCYoda

"We’ve added powerful new Augments for those who need additional stats to help take down Izax in Master Mode. Or, you simply want to be OP! In this new Flashpoint, we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns (Bind-on-Pickup – BOP) which will drop randomly off mobs and Bosses. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you may also find a Bind-on-Equip (BOE) version of the same patterns. We’ll follow up with the materials needed to craft the Augments."

What about pvp players? We dont like to play flash points, operations etc so why you are forcing us to do it? We must be competitive in pvp, having best stats so why we cant get these new augments via pvp too?

I think where I'm honestly, finally, just done with SWTOR (haven't logged in for 3 weeks now) is my understanding that we're not getting an expansion. We're not. SWTOR will never be allowed to have enough resources to move on from the disappointing, disastrous Zakuul story line. Our hopes die here.

This quote actually makes me think of my father... who doesn't understand the value of ANYTHING that doesn't have a dollar sign in front of it.

The expansions will be spread out over a year, rather than all at once.

Edited by olagatonjedi

The expansions will be spread out over a year, rather than all at once.

Those are called normal content updates -- SWTOR used to release those in addition to the larger expansions. That it has now become an "either / or" situation is a pretty clear example of the game's decline in terms of resources and support.

Edited by DarthDymond

Those are called normal content updates -- SWTOR used to release those in addition to the larger expansions. That it has now become an "either / or" situation is a pretty clear example of the game's decline in terms of resources and support.

I agree. Swtor has not released a true expansion since ROTHC including SOR which was a paid for patch. i cant remember the cost but it was cheap enough. If they wanted to slowly release "Expansions" then i would expect 3 SOR type expansions a year. Most AAA MMO's can deliver that alongside a real expansion. All of this i would be willing to pay for.

I would gladly pay in addition to my sub pay $60-120 for a ROTHC expansion. Or 3 SOR's for $20 in a year. Or all of it. i would do all.

But you have to have content to go with it. And a clear direction. the devs were still talking NiM bosses 4 weeks before they broke the news that there wouldn't be any. for the love of god BIOWARE do something

Edited by OneHit

Quick sidenote on that snippet:

Any guild with such beaviour should be banned and the goods and credits in their bank should be given back to their members!

Such behaviour makes me extreme angry:mad:

Greets

Markus from germany

EDIT: an "a" added

I feel the same way. Ive had way too many of our members tell us of their previous guilds doing this to people. Using people just to get conquest points and not allowing them to stay for the title/achmnt/rewards is beyond low.

Im going based off the words of the actual devs, not your version of it.

You know what's kinda striking to me? Oricon was released as a patch (2.4), not an expansion. We got a whole new world with reputation to grind, daily missions to complete and 2 FULL Operations as a freaking patch...comparing that to what we get now is disheartening. After a full year, Keith still couldn't release just ONE full Operation...:(

Edited by TUXs

You know what's kinda striking to me? Oricon was released as a patch (2.4), not an expansion. We got a whole new world with reputation to grind, daily missions to complete and 2 FULL Operations as a freaking patch...comparing that to what we get now is disheartening. After a full year, Keith still couldn't release just ONE full Operation...:(

2.4 was like the game's best update, IMO.

As to why 2.4 could release all the content it did (Oricon story, oricon dalies, and 2 FULL ops) and why SWTOR couldn't even release 1 complete op in a whole year (2017), I *HEARD* that development for 2.x stuff was in the works long before it was released. So, if that's true, it sounds reasonable (at least to me) that the oricon stuff was being worked on when SWTOR had the staff it did during development and/or close to launch.

Again, that is what I *HEARD*, which may or may not be true.

Also, take into consideration that if rumors are true, SWTOR doesn't have the resources ($$$ + personnel) it once had since supposedly the large majority of the resources are now allocated to Anthem :eek:.

So if those two things are true, then I don't think it's hard to imagine why 2.4 released the amount of content it did and why 2017 couldn't see the release of one FULL op.

I doubt I'm telling you anything you didn't already know or hear before.

...but we haven't even been told we're getting an expansion. Not in any form.

There are some YouTubers out there who seem convinced that we are indeed getting an expansion.

I don't know where this idea came from.

The only thing I can think of is that people read too much into Kieth's one off comment some time ago in a live stream where he said something like "I can't comment on next year's expansion plans" or something similar.

However, I would have thought all expansion rumors would be put to rest in the "roadmap" where Keith says

We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more “traditional” expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches. Although this remains our current plan, we are also laying out what we’ll include in a 6.0 Game Update.

But, whatever. I guess I should just let people dream.

oh.

....I'm still expecting a reply to the Arcann ... thing, Eric and/or Keith.

You can't be unaware that a lot of us are unhappy about this really controversial decision... and while I don't expect you to unmake it, us anti-arcannites would at least appreciate a chance to get some closure with the King of All Mass Murderers, and at leas exile him for his crimes which, redeemed or not, cannot be forgotten.

I would like to know this too.

So, to me to seems like the devs are scrambling to create content on the fly after they were forced to scrap 2/3 of the story for Knights. Now, they are scrambling to finish story lines that were probably just ideas way back then. I'd like them to be honest and come up here and say that they need some time to develop more and better content. Maybe say the rest of the year will be mostly QoL patches and they'll focus on getting a good expansion ready for release next Jan or so. I'd be much less pessimistic if they did that. Creating on the fly sucks for everyone. Take some time, step back, and get s*** together and your customers will be much happier and more wiling to cut you some slack.

1) it hasnt been a full year since they started the operation release. You're cutting them short.

2) it goes to show you that whether its an "expansion" or "content update" or multiple, there is no rhyme or reason to the quality or quantity of content that is to be released, so there is no way to hold them to any official standard other than each of our personal standards

Edited by olagatonjedi

So, to me to seems like the devs are scrambling to create content on the fly after they were forced to scrap 2/3 of the story for Knights. Now, they are scrambling to finish story lines that were probably just ideas way back then. I'd like them to be honest and come up here and say that they need some time to develop more and better content. Maybe say the rest of the year will be mostly QoL patches and they'll focus on getting a good expansion ready for release next Jan or so. I'd be much less pessimistic if they did that. Creating on the fly sucks for everyone. Take some time, step back, and get s*** together and your customers will be much happier and more wiling to cut you some slack.

If they were honest, you woukdnt like them blaming the community for having to scrap the knights project that was likely the bulk of the content plan. Look at the dilemma - we want more content, but we want you to scrap all the time and effort you spent month on and come out with something different. The community put them in a no win situation. They didnt know how well received or poorly received the knights content was going to be from the masses.

• Dev Post
Hi Eric and Keith,

Does 5.9 mark the end of the traitor storyline? Can I finally get Theron back?

Can confirm that 5.9 will mark the end of the traitor storyline. I am not going to answer the second question, you will just have to see how things play out. Similarly, we won't really answer many Theron related questions as to avoid any 5.9 spoilers :).

-eric

• Dev Post
Any chance on a live stream sometime *soon* ?

Probably not but it doesn't hurt to ask.:rak_03:

Ah! Good question. Since we opted to do the forum version of the roadmap, where we can hang around in here and continue to answer questions, we don't see as big of an urgency to do a livestream ASAP. Since they can serve a similar purpose of Q&A around the roadmap.

Our current plan is that we will do a stream closer to the launch of 5.8. This way we can showcase some things from 5.8, answer questions about that update, 5.9, the roadmap, and beyond. In the meantime we are gonna continue working to address questions around the roadmap here on the forums. Along with releasing more details about the things that are coming in 5.8 and 5.9 as mentioned in the roadmap like conquests, augments, class changes, CM changes, etc.

-eric

...how about no?

You crusade into every thread with it. You don't like it. We get it. It's old already. Can you at least contain it within the hate thread bubble instead of hijacking every gold post?

Edited by kodrac

Dont Forget about a New open and explorable World Bioware Devs!

We Need a big expension this year. This Need to be 6.0 or if you want 6.2. But a big expension.

Look back at the Dread War expension. This was after 2.0 Makeb and before 3.0 Shadow of Revan.

This expension was a new Small Story a Daily Area with Achievments. And with 2 new Operations with Storymode and Hardmode and later Nightmare Content. This is a Content update! ;)

And Bioware/EA this was not a Main expension it was normal Content Update! And it was free! :eek:

But i dont have like so many other People a Problem with paying you a Real Content Update.

Edited by Manjaca