Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SHARETHELOVE Question

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
02.17.2018 , 04:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Enroc View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but people that are subscribers right now and still will be until at least March 5 will not receive anything from the "SHARETHELOVE" code not the speeder and not the armor set because of the following section in the terms:

"THE "SWTOSHARETHELOVE" CODE IS A UNIQUE/ONE-TIME USE ONLY CODE; THIS CODE CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE ON A "NEW", OR "INACTIVE FORMER" SUBSCRIBER ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR 90-DAYS OR MORE PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 13, 2018; THIS REWARD CANNOT BE USED WITH OTHER PROMOTIONAL OFFERS AND EXPIRES ON FEBRUARY 27, 2018."

So it seems this code will only benefit new accounts or inactive 90+ inactive former subscriber accounts. The code will not work for anyone who is subscriber now or has been subscriber less than 90 days prior to February 13, 2018

Because of these terms and since my subscription will expire in 2 days and I will not benefit at all from this code even if I renew my subscription I most likely will let my subscription expire and not renew since Bioware does not seem to reward current subscribers with extra's there is no incentive to renew my subscription since I never even got a working shareable reward link.

I want the 3x armor set but I know I am not getting a working link for it. So I am not going to renew my subscription since I am not getting any of the extra reward.

The current rewards for being a subscriber is not enough for me.

Most of the rewards I get from buying the crates with cartel coins are cheap.
If you are subscribed on Feb 27, 2018, you will receive the Chiss Interceptor and the armor set.

The 30 days free game-time is for those that have had inactive* accounts since Nov 15, 2017 through Feb 13, 2018 and new accounts.

That "3x Armor set" isn't actually a 3x anything. For those that used the SPECIALFORCES code, they received a 3 time use code for others to use. Each person that used one of those received a 3 time use code for others to use. Sounds repetitious, huh? It is, and it's meant to be that way. The only way that would ever end, short of the actual end date of the promotion, is if people used a code and didn't put the code they received up for others.

*Inactive being used to describe an account that doesn't have an active subscription.

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
02.18.2018 , 05:39 AM | #12
Guys am I right in saying that to receive the mount and armor set all you need to do is be subbed during this time.....ie. I don't have to go into my account and apply the sharethelove activation code?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

NSevven's Avatar


NSevven
02.18.2018 , 06:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Guys am I right in saying that to receive the mount and armor set all you need to do is be subbed during this time.....ie. I don't have to go into my account and apply the sharethelove activation code?
The general consensus is yes, that is the case. I'm pretty sure you will get it, as long as you are subbed on Feb 27.

But, play it safe: try the link anyway. No harm in trying. If it says ineligible, not to worry, you'll still get the armor and speeder (around Mar 1 or 2).
Aka DocDAM, aka DocDIM
My Refer a Friend link here (DocDAM). [Rules and Rewards]

Barathor's Avatar


Barathor
02.18.2018 , 10:23 PM | #14
Hiya!

I haven't played the game in years and decided to jump right back in with this promo. Reactivated my character, bought 60 days of gametime, but I did not receive the extra 30 days mentioned in the e-mail. I wonder if they will add those at the end of this promo or if I should contact support. Any thoughts?

lightsaberess's Avatar


lightsaberess
02.18.2018 , 11:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
Hiya!

I haven't played the game in years and decided to jump right back in with this promo. Reactivated my character, bought 60 days of gametime, but I did not receive the extra 30 days mentioned in the e-mail. I wonder if they will add those at the end of this promo or if I should contact support. Any thoughts?
From the first page:
Quote:
As long as your account was NOT subbed between Nov 15, 2017 and Feb 13, 2018, then yes. It should show after Mar 1, 2018 in your account > subscription information.
Agent Shan Admiral Malcontent Love Bug
"The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force."

Barathor's Avatar


Barathor
02.18.2018 , 11:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by lightsaberess View Post
From the first page:
Many thanks for replying! I actually read all that, but it didn't register in my brain... My bad and cheers again!

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
02.19.2018 , 08:32 AM | #17
I'm going to assume that the information that we've given/been given in this thread is accurate since I sent Eric a pm last week asking for clarification, as well and directed him to this thread, and he hasn't "popped in" to say otherwise.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
02.20.2018 , 09:05 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The RAF rewards are independent of the share the love code

if you want to use the RAF get them to subscribe through the RAF and then apply the sharethelove code by 27 Feb 18

as to the speeder and armor , subscriber status on 27 Feb applies as well

The account actually doesn't need to be inactive (not used) they just need to not have subscribed in the last 90 days.
Highlighting Owen's response for accuracy. I will reiterate as well to try to make sure the promotion is as clear as possible!

For the extra 30 days of sub time an account must...
  • Have not been a subscriber within a 90 day window before 2/13 (the legal copy is referring to sub time when it says inactive).
  • If they qualify based on that, they must become a subscriber and redeem the code SWTORSHARETHELOVE by 2/27
  • By 3/2 they will then receive an extra 30 days of sub time added to their account.

For the Chiss speeder and armor set an account must...
  • Simply be a subscriber on 2/27 to qualify.
  • The items will be granted to you on or before 3/2.

I hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
02.20.2018 , 09:45 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Highlighting Owen's response for accuracy. I will reiterate as well to try to make sure the promotion is as clear as possible!

For the extra 30 days of sub time an account must...
  • Have not been a subscriber within a 90 day window before 2/13 (the legal copy is referring to sub time when it says inactive).
  • If they qualify based on that, they must become a subscriber and redeem the code SWTORSHARETHELOVE by 2/27
  • By 3/2 they will then receive an extra 30 days of sub time added to their account.

For the Chiss speeder and armor set an account must...
  • Simply be a subscriber on 2/27 to qualify.
  • The items will be granted to you on or before 3/2.

I hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric
Thanks Eric.

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
02.26.2018 , 03:54 PM | #20
Just a bump to remind all that this promotion ends tonight at midnight PST. So you have just over 10 hours (at the time of this post) left to take advantage of it.