Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*** is going on with no cancel subscription button on page

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
*** is going on with no cancel subscription button on page

Xeeana
10.04.2016 , 12:52 AM | #1
go to my account, subscriptions, there is no option to cancel account.. *** kind of way to run a business... I was gonna cancel for a few months.. no time to play atm.. but now I'm so angry over this crap I may never renew it... fix it so people can cancel when they want

imo this is a terrible way to treat people.. make us spend hours trying to find a way to cancel when it should be a matter of going to subscription page and hitting cancel!!!!!!!
Xeeana

BlueShiftRecall
10.04.2016 , 02:37 AM | #2
Go My account ----> Subscription, and at the bottom of the page there's a button that says, "Cancel your subscription."
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

MadDutchman
10.04.2016 , 10:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
Go My account ----> Subscription, and at the bottom of the page there's a button that says, "Cancel your subscription."
this

specifically, it's in the bottom right, and it's an orange link.

If that is not there, then something is wrong and you should contact CS. Posting in the subforum for general star wars discussions won't help one bit, as BW will never look in here.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Khurm
11.30.2016 , 08:02 PM | #4
yeah, no link at all, had to manually type https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel in browser.

this is rly low...

hillerbees
02.02.2018 , 04:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Khurm View Post
yeah, no link at all, had to manually type https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel in browser.

this is rly low...
Thank you for your help. I took up the origin discounted subscription offer only to find that had locked me into a recurring sub (I normally just keep renewing manually with the 60 day option). When I followed the links in the TOS email they were dead links and when I followed the support pages instructions there was no Cancel Subscription button at the bottom of the Subscription page.

The link you provided was very helpful.

I am a loyal SWTOR player but I think its low handed if you are seduced into a recurring sub and things are made difficult for you to back out. I'm not leaving the game but pretty annoyed that its so easy to join but so hard to cancel.

Thanks again.

Jedi_wanabie
02.16.2018 , 10:08 PM | #6
There should be a cancel sub button on the top of the subscription page. EA and BW are terrible.

I wrote a complaint to EA BW about this after I was billed for two accounts a total of 6 months of subs and they told me BOO HOO TOO BAD FOR YOU.

I even offered to accept sub credits (not cash refund) and they still told me to go pound sand.

I had to replace my subscription billing data with empty fields to stop the billing. SHAME ON EA SW.

Terrible management!