Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

what? you're wrong on this.

many companions returned with new CM weapons skin. (kaliyo djannis just for example)

and appart on this, i regret to dont see anymore old lvl 50 belsavis "unique companions weapon rewards" with former daily end level quests.

I think he meant same weapon type, not necessarily the weapon you gave them before this started.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright... this is going to come across as rather pointed... but it needs to be said:

Why? What is so uncertain that you cannot talk about anything regarding the game beyond 90 days?

I think it is unprofessional of you to lay this out on the table with absolutely no clarification as to why.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WITH A REASONABLE DEGREE OF CERTAINTY WHAT THE STUDIO WILL BE DOING MORE THEN 90 DAYS OUT... I personally find it difficult to take you seriously in the role of Producer.

NO.. we don't need to know everything in detail.. as I think any reasonable player knows that exact details of implementation can and do change. But to imply that you can make absolutely ZERO disclosures at a summary bullet point level about what is planned for the full year of 2018.... suggests to me you guys are just making stuff up month by month.. and that is a valid concern for players (both the irrational ones as well as the rational ones).

You may or may not realize it.. but your cryptic approach here is just reinforcing the negative conspiracy theories about the game closing down or being starved to death to the point people completely lose interest. Is this really what you want to convey to your active player base? Really?

Absent more clarification and transparency from the Producer of SWTOR... I find it hard to blame players for some of the very negative rhetoric in the forum these days.

Bravo. Well said. I think this is weighing quite heavily on a lot of players.

• Dev Post

many companions returned with new CM weapons skin. (kaliyo djannis just for example)

and appart on this, i regret to dont see anymore old lvl 50 belsavis "unique companions weapon rewards" with former daily end level quests.

Apologies for any confusion. I meant within the context of the question being asked, which was specifically the 5.8 and 5.9 Companions. None of their weapons are being changed.

-eric

Apologies for any confusion. I meant within the context of the question being asked, which was specifically the 5.8 and 5.9 Companions. None of their weapons are being changed.

-eric

so confusion was here maybe, thx for the clarification.

and think about just reput old lvl 50 companion weapons in reward to the lvl 50 quest in belsavis, you know the first lvl 50 dailies you put in the game.

ps : sry for my english btw.

Edited by Thaladan

Alright... this is going to come across as rather pointed... but it needs to be said:

Why? What is so uncertain that you cannot talk about anything regarding the game beyond 90 days?

I think it is unprofessional of you to lay this out on the table with absolutely no clarification as to why.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WITH A REASONABLE DEGREE OF CERTAINTY WHAT THE STUDIO WILL BE DOING MORE THEN 90 DAYS OUT... I personally find it difficult to take you seriously in the role of Producer.

NO.. we don't need to know everything in detail.. as I think any reasonable player knows that exact details of implementation can and do change. But to imply that you can make absolutely ZERO disclosures at a summary bullet point level about what is planned for the full year of 2018.... suggests to me you guys are just making stuff up month by month.. and that is a valid concern for players (both the irrational ones as well as the rational ones).

You may or may not realize it.. but your cryptic approach here is just reinforcing the negative conspiracy theories about the game closing down or being starved to death to the point people completely lose interest. Is this really what you want to convey to your active player base? Really?

Absent more clarification and transparency from the Producer of SWTOR... I find it hard to blame players for some of the very negative rhetoric in the forum these days.

/agreed.

Agreed

-eric

This is great news about Vector's weapon, now what about that whole 'mouth glued shut' thing. Any word on when that will be fixed?

I think I remember getting some gear (not sure it was weapons) when doing Belsavis Bonus planet arc.

I think I remember getting some gear (not sure it was weapons) when doing Belsavis Bonus planet arc.

yes, when our companions needed to be stuff.

the first lvl 50 dailies in belsavis (not section X) gave daily commendations and we could buy lvl 50 blue companion specific weapons.

my old characters still have some. but it's not available anymore ..

Edited by Thaladan

I'm glad to see that, should I bother to level my Gunslinger with Akaavi as a melee tank, I don't have to worry about ending up with a Sniper-rifle toting tank come KOTxx.

...not, that I expect, that I expect this character to even get to KOTxx before the game closes (to a large degree, because I've unsubbed, which is obviously a massive factor here).

A lot of us have expressed our disagreement with a choice to push through the Arcann Romance. I'd love to see a Yellow Post address that... and, at least, let us know if we'll have the option to exile (at least) our unwanted Arcann companions.

Amen.

Agreed. However, he's probably not allowed to speak about internal problems. One EAware employer got his Twitter suspended for talking.

It's not like Keith can exactly talk about how they don't have the budget or green light to provide more content when the publisher tells them not to. We can complain as much as we want, and Keith may want to tell us what's really going on, but him doing so probably would make him lose his job.

It sucks for us but also for them. EA is the parent here, and they're telling them no.

Edited by Eshvara

Agreed. However, he's probably not allowed to speak about internal problems. One EAware employer got his Twitter suspended for talking.

It's not like Keith can exactly talk about how they don't have the budget or green light to provide more content when the publisher tells them not to. We can complain as much as we want, and Keith may want to tell us what's really going on, but him doing so probably would make him lose his job.

It sucks for us but also for them. EA is the parent here, and they're telling them no.

If your theory is true (could very well be) .... then the proper response from Keith would be to NOT lay out this obvious inflammatory statement to players:

I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days

If he has internal issues at Austin that are mucking things up.. it is his responsibility to work to resolve them.. NOT come to the forum and tell us he is basically scarred to tell us anything about the game beyond the next 90 days.

Very unprofessional for a game producer in my view. If you cannot talk about something... then say so and don't couch it in the manner in which he did. And let's be honest here... Keith has been relatively silent for months now.. and then jumps out from behind a rock and makes the above statement while at the same time wimping out on an actual 90 day roadmap and instead gives us a rolling two month outlook. :rolleyes:

Let's put this another way -----> given Keiths reticence statement ---> players are becoming more and more reticent about continuing to subscribe and log in and play the game. Further.. his statement is reinforcing some of the negative rumors that people have been pushing recently.

There is a right way and a wrong way to work within the constraints you have pointed out.. and Keith's approach here was definitely the wrong way.

Edited by Andryah

EA is the parent here, and they're telling them no.

I agree with this, but only to a point. BW execs have repeatedly stated they are focused on developing their own IPs rather than continuing to develop under license. EA may be primarily responsible for the whole "let's get in on this destiny/overwatch thing," but I tend to feel like we are considered the red-headed stepchild of the family, and not just by EA.

\But to imply that you can make absolutely ZERO disclosures at a summary bullet point level about what is planned for the full year of 2018.... suggests to me you guys are just making stuff up month by month.. and that is a valid concern for players (both the irrational ones as well as the rational ones).

Honest question: Do you not believe that's exactly the case?

Honest question: Do you not believe that's exactly the case?

Personally I expected nothing from this "road map" and yet somehow Bioware disappointed me. So Yeah I think an awful lot of people thought things were pretty much Ok till that post.But month to month? Nah, they're on maintenance mode, won't say it and are just piecing a few things together. So maybe a two month outlook. ;)

Just my opinion, I've been known to be wrong.

T minus 120 days and counting for me.

I changed your list to a numbered one for clarity in answers:

1. I mentioned this in another post on planned class changes, here.
  2. This is on our radar as a quality of life change for PvP. It is a fairly large undertaking though and not currently in our plans. The interest is noted though.
  3. Same as #2.
  4. Wintrading is a constant thing we monitor and action. Backfilling has particularly popped up on our radar lately and we are digging deep to find and action those players.

-eric

I feel like #2 should have been done years ago. Its a shame that its only now even being mentioned that its being looked at. I find myself not wanting to play because so many matches either have too many healers and tanks or none at all. So many games are either blowouts or stalemates that last forever when playing solo as being in a premade isn't always an option or sometimes I just want to play 2 or 3 games and not be in a group.

I'm sorry but for someone such as your self that states you are only 3/5 and 4/5 in the last raid tier how can i take you serious at all about how hard things are and should be for one Revan is a joke compared to when released it has been nerfed so hard it could just about be called a extreme sm or unless you were stating that 3/5 and 4/5 are a lot easier but revan is still easier than most.

Based on your very adorable cuteness your appologies have been accepted. However I would like to suggest you learn to read a bit better.

Spoiler///// I didn't say anything about my personal progression ////

Okey. Since we got this misunderstanding out of the way I guess we can move back to the topic.

With which other VM (or SM) boss would you compare Revan VM?

The fights have been nerfed quite a bit indeed. I think the 1st 4 bosses in ToS are how a VM boss should be. Hard enough to pose a little challenge for most people but still easy enough to have relaxed night with a possibility of a succesfull general fleet pug run. Its a bit hard for me to say if the difficulty can be increased a bit as my group doesn't have issues in there. I however do think its balanced okey enough.

Personally I think that both Revan and M&B + Birdy are still much harder than the other VM bosses. Please do note I am speaking in relative terms here. Relative to other VM bosses they are, in my opinion, substantially harder than the other VM bosses.

You might disagree with me on how much harder they are but certainly you must realize that Revan is harder than <<insert VM boss>>.

:rolleyes:

I'd comment on the amount of outcry against information being withheld by the Devs, but I'm not in the mood to explain what confidentiality agreement is, especially in terms of business.

This isn't just with EA either - Lucasfilm also has this concerning how much staff are allowed to say about their products/information. It's just how it is.

I feel like I'm just going to be restating what has already been said after 40+ pages but nothing in the Road Map/Rehash of what has been done over the past year really alleviates any concerns with the current grain of salt reporting going on right now. If anything, the confirmation of status quo development seems to just reinforce the idea that we're sticking with trickle content with the assumption that either EA or Disney/EA isn't really comfortable sinking any real money back into SWTOR at the moment.

What I get out of it is you're going to continue working on what you've been working on until anything changes essentially with nothing "big" in the pipeline.

Not to be a complete negative-Nancy though... it is nice to see a few items in there people had been asking for no matter how trivial. The companion tweaks do sound appealing.

I'm not sure if they've changed the tuning on it recently, but birdy (love that name!) Is waaaay easier then m&b, and I would put it with the rest of the hm stuff. I only got my kill cause a guild I was in finally cleared mb in one group, and then did like 6 runs to get people achievements for cora.

But agree with all the rest.

In my experience the last fight is indeed much easier.

The reason why I didn't include the fight with the other VM/HM is mostly due to the drifting needed and because M&B are in the way too ;)

Ah .. but i don't know. Maybe the other fights are feeling easier because of them being around much longer. I guess the birdy fight is closer to VM than Hardmare.

My main point though was that a new operation shouldn't ever include Hardmare. Its very offputting to only have an SM-version while progressing through the Hardmare fights. For people who only do SM and VM operations it must be even worse as they only have an easy SM-version.

Well said. Un-ignored so I could agree with and /fantasy up-vote this post (saw it quoted & I wish up-vote actually existed). You echo the views of myself and I imagine many others.

+1 (and we finally agree, Andryah).

so i guess when they plan on doing something we should assume they won't do it.

"You can expect Izax will not go down easily and will be the most exciting encounter for ‘Gods from the Machine.’ Both Scyva and Izax will be made available in early 2018 and for those of you who enjoy the ultimate level of challenge. Our plan is to follow up with Master Modes of each boss figh, too."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

happy about mako and ashara though.

Edited by dipstik