Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

How about a follow up clarification for Akaavi and Vector, at least?

Will they return as they were (melee) or have they been changed like SCORPIO, Jorgan (cannon to rifle) and Torian and had their weapons swapped?

And if so, can you explain why these changes were made?

Keith or Eric, can you PLEASE respond to this?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The roadmap update lacks a lot of beef, err sorry, soy (I'm vegan hehe) but the stupidest thing in it are again new augments at that point. We just had new augments which started at 10 million credits and are now at 3-4 million credits/piece because people are actually dumb enough (at least on TH) to sell them below the mats price lol.

Again new augments now is a stupid carrot which also affects economy, and it's the opposite of content. You can tell Keith is the only one at Bioware playing the game, and I have no clue on what level he does....

Edited by Khaleg

I agree with all the posters asking to get back ALL their companions. Give 'em all back please, so we can move on and get some REAL new content...

Thanks.

Some of us would rather have our companions return with awesome new chapters. Not the lowly stuff we've been given :p

Seriously, it's sad that Kaliyo, not a popular companion, got a better return than Quinn, who is both love and hated so much more.

Now, they're doing it just for the classes who had them originally, because people whined they weren't getting them back fast enough.

Yes, I'd like Tharan back, but I want him back in a great way, not a "Oh, hi, it's been bad out there." :p

VECTOR IS RETURNING AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!! I am most pleased.

The redesign for conquest sounds good. My guild is just in the middle size that we haven't been able to conquer since the merge, but this sounds like at the very least it will make participation more relevant. New activities is also a bonus.

AND VECTOR. THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT.

Two of my fav companions, Vector and Felix returning, I'm going to have a very happy JC and IA. :D

I have not touched my main Consular or Agent since the removal of Vector and Felix and am glad they are returning, however

the Vector conversation has been around on other sites for months now since he was originally due to return ages ago. There is no indication that this has changed so expect a 2 minute disappointment akin to the the Andronikos/Corso returns. I do not have high hopes for either of these twos returns, even though they deserve something as good or better than Aric Jorgan's return

This.

But what do I expect from them. They have blinders on for some companions. They assumed everyone hated Koth so for the most part until after Umbarra he didn't exist if you romanced him because they think everyone agrees with them.

Now with Arcann they believe everyone likes him. I don't. This actually has made me decide from now on Arcann will die on every character I have just because they have decided he is everyone's favorite. I am sick and tired of being told who the favorite character is and how everyone likes Arcann or everyone hates Koth.

On my characters who are light-sided I let Arcann live as I wanted to see how he could be redeemed. Since they started giving him story, letter and LI preferences over missing companions I have gone off him. If he can be redeemed, why not Vaylin? She was the one who deserved redemption after the abuse her father forced on her. The only reason for redemption for Arcann seems to be the total imbalance of LI companions (especially force users) for female characters and using Arcann rather than creating a new character was the cheapest way to offer this. I'm not a fan of Vaylin, however i will say again she deserves the path to redemption much more than Arcann does.

Developers: stop making assumptions about who the preferred LIs are. No only did your views affect Koth, but because you all hated Malavai so much we got stuck with a thoughtless and substandard romance return so you could give the haters the kill option. None of this bodes well for Theron...Speaking of Theron, they won't even confirm if his story will be concluded on Nathema.

Is his model going to be replaced like the other companions have been, or will he remain as the old one (seeing as he's only for IA anyway)? I ask this because the new models, the "pod people," don't animate right. Their mouths don't move and it's creepy.

Also, can someone who got Risha/Corso/Andronikous back poke them and see if their mouths move when they say their "You poked me" lines? Because if they do then it just confirms to me that the class only companions are still their original models, and if that's the case, then while it sucks for the other companions, at least Vector will be okay.

All returned companions have been replaced with cheap static mouth models. None of their mouths move. You still hear their standard lines however, it seems they now communicate using mind powers. The last three (Andronikos/Corso/Risha) did all return with the companion racial customisations intact, if you used one.

Apologies as that may be confusing. Technically speaking, Izax is being released in SM and VM like all of the other Gods from the Machine bosses. However, he is being balanced as if he is MM difficulty. You might compare him to the old "hardmare" bosses back in the day.

Again, technically there is no MM Izax, but when you play VM it is going to feel like there is.

-eric

While on the subject of Hardmare. Eric? can we please make sure that next time we get a proper veteran mode again? This Hardmare thing is getting a tad annoying.

While I like a challenge, I rather have my challenge in master mode. The Gods bosses are hardly veteran bosses. You qualify SM as a mode where you can enjoy the story while not needing to learn to many tactics. Veteran is a slight step up where you need to go think about what you need to do. Master is something where you really need to focus.

Currently with Gods the SM is slightly to difficult to be considered a normal SM. I'm not saying its hard, I think its still easy. But when comparing it to Rav and ToS ......

The Veteran Gods are definitly NOT veteran. I won't dare comparing Tyth to for example TfB Kephess.

Difficulty wise:

easiest

eSM ( EV - KP SM )

easy

SM ( EC - TfB - Scum - DF - DP - Rav - ToS)

eVM ( EV - KP )

eMM (Nefra)

(side note: sorry but you really need to fix the enrage timer. DPS-wise you need 19,5k raidDPS which equals to about 3k DPS needed per dps. This means you can do this one with 6 good geared tanks and 2 healers. Fun fact: Nefra's dps check is lower than any boss in EV or KP VM)

veteran

VM ( EC - TfB - Scum - DF - DP - Rav 3/5 - ToS 4/5 )

master/hardmare

VM (M&B - Birdy & co - Revan - all Gods)

MM (all MM except for Nefra)

While on the subject of Hardmare. Eric? can we please make sure that next time we get a proper veteran mode again? This Hardmare thing is getting a tad annoying.

While I like a challenge, I rather have my challenge in master mode. The Gods bosses are hardly veteran bosses. You qualify SM as a mode where you can enjoy the story while not needing to learn to many tactics. Veteran is a slight step up where you need to go think about what you need to do. Master is something where you really need to focus.

Currently with Gods the SM is slightly to difficult to be considered a normal SM. I'm not saying its hard, I think its still easy. But when comparing it to Rav and ToS ......

The Veteran Gods are definitly NOT veteran. I won't dare comparing Tyth to for example TfB Kephess.

Difficulty wise:

easiest

eSM ( EV - KP SM )

easy

eVM ( EV - KP )

eMM (Nefra)

(side note: sorry but you really need to fix the enrage timer. DPS-wise you need 19,5k raidDPS which equals to about 3k DPS needed per dps. This means you can do this one with 6 good geared tanks and 2 healers. Fun fact: Nefra's dps check is lower than any boss in EV or KP VM)

veteran

master/hardmare

I'm not sure if they've changed the tuning on it recently, but birdy (love that name!) Is waaaay easier then m&b, and I would put it with the rest of the hm stuff. I only got my kill cause a guild I was in finally cleared mb in one group, and then did like 6 runs to get people achievements for cora.

But agree with all the rest.

Difficulty wise:

easiest

eSM ( EV - KP SM )

easy

eVM ( EV - KP )

eMM (Nefra)

veteran

master/hardmare

I'm sorry but for someone such as your self that states you are only 3/5 and 4/5 in the last raid tier how can i take you serious at all about how hard things are and should be for one Revan is a joke compared to when released it has been nerfed so hard it could just about be called a extreme sm or unless you were stating that 3/5 and 4/5 are a lot easier but revan is still easier than most.

Edited by fushnchips

I'm sorry but for someone such as your self that states you are only 3/5 and 4/5 in the last raid tier how can i take you serious at all about how hard things are and should be for one Revan is a joke compared to when released it has been nerfed so hard it could just about be called a extreme sm or unless you were stating that 3/5 and 4/5 are a lot easier but revan is still easier than most.

Nah. Revan is definitely not the same DPS check that it was when released (requiring even tanks and healers to push out insane numbers in addition to performing their own roles) - but it is not "extreme SM". SM in almost all raids have had their mechanics taken out entirely or significantly reduced. The only difficulty left to Revan is the amount of mechanics, so I can't agree with you that it has anything resembling a SM "difficulty". Plenty of people still fail at killing Revan. It's the state of the raiding community right now. Many of us who have legit clears of what is now old content have become rusty enough (because we don't care to repeat the same NiM and "Hardmare" raids we've done a hundred times) that it's still a challenge, even if not a DPS check style challenge.

Edited to add: I think his point is solid. "Hardmare" raiding just means nobody is doing the operations. You've run off all the true hard core raid fans by not producing a NiM raid since before 3.0 launched. DF/DP were the last real Nightmare difficulty raids put into the game, and then you put better weapons on a Hard Mode instanced boss and sent a ton of raiding guilds out the door. Then you quit making NiM raids entirely and more of them left. Then you promised a NiM level raid of the new operation bosses and have yanked the carpet out from under the hard core raid community yet again.

Making "hardmare" content at this point isn't going to keep anyone who is serious about raiding around, it's only going to mean that your effort on those raids was completely wasted due to most of the people who are serious about raiding going back to WoW or FFXIV and none of the more casual player base that is left daring to touch those with a ten foot pole. They are collecting dust for your efforts.

When there is so much outcry to nerf SM raids into true "Story Modes" and reworking them to be completed by you and your companion only, developing anything "Hardmare" is really just a sign that you don't know the community of people that play your game anymore very well. Read the forums more. Look at the statistics of how many people even queue for or complete the Group Finder for ToS, Ravagers, or VotMG when it is the featured GF of the day. If the numbers prove me wrong and they are even equivalent to any other GF of the day, then I will stand corrected. But as someone who plays the game and used to love the raiding portion of this game, I suspect I'm not wrong.

Edited by PennyAnn

Even with the nerfs, Revan is still more difficult then plenty of the NiM bosses. Certainly none of the apex bosses (except Kephess when reflect cheese was a thing) but considering it on a different tier than the rest of the HM bosses is pretty reasonable.

Keith,

Is it reasonable to expect slightly more content this year since all the nerfs are finished and there's no need to waste time on server transfers? One would think that you've freed up some resources since those are finished now right?

Hey there, following up on Eric's investigation about this yesterday. The companion returns are based on finishing Chapter 9 of KOTET and they return to their original class. There is one exception...

Mako and Akaavi - they are working together, so both Smuggler and Bounty Hunter will have option to acquire both.

Can you pls finish the arena season at spring ? We cant wait to summer, it is too long

Edited by omaan

I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days

Alright... this is going to come across as rather pointed... but it needs to be said:

Why? What is so uncertain that you cannot talk about anything regarding the game beyond 90 days?

I think it is unprofessional of you to lay this out on the table with absolutely no clarification as to why.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WITH A REASONABLE DEGREE OF CERTAINTY WHAT THE STUDIO WILL BE DOING MORE THEN 90 DAYS OUT... I personally find it difficult to take you seriously in the role of Producer.

NO.. we don't need to know everything in detail.. as I think any reasonable player knows that exact details of implementation can and do change. But to imply that you can make absolutely ZERO disclosures at a summary bullet point level about what is planned for the full year of 2018.... suggests to me you guys are just making stuff up month by month.. and that is a valid concern for players (both the irrational ones as well as the rational ones).

You may or may not realize it.. but your cryptic approach here is just reinforcing the negative conspiracy theories about the game closing down or being starved to death to the point people completely lose interest. Is this really what you want to convey to your active player base? Really?

Absent more clarification and transparency from the Producer of SWTOR... I find it hard to blame players for some of the very negative rhetoric in the forum these days.

Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post
How about a follow up clarification for Akaavi and Vector, at least?

Will they return as they were (melee) or have they been changed like SCORPIO, Jorgan (cannon to rifle) and Torian and had their weapons swapped?

And if so, can you explain why these changes were made?

None of the returning Companions have had their weapons changed. They will be the same as they were before.

-eric

Alright... this is going to come across as rather pointed... but it needs to be said:

Why? What is so uncertain that you cannot talk about anything regarding the game beyond 90 days?

I think it is unprofessional of you to lay this out on the table with absolutely no clarification as to why.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WITH A REASONABLE DEGREE OF CERTAINTY WHAT THE STUDIO WILL BE DOING MORE THEN 90 DAYS OUT... I personally find it difficult to take you seriously in the role of Producer.

NO.. we don't need to know everything in detail.. as I think any reasonable player knows that exact details of implementation can and do change. But to imply that you can make absolutely ZERO disclosures at a summary bullet point level about what is planned for the full year of 2018.... suggests to me you guys are just making stuff up month by month.. and that is a valid concern for players (both the irrational ones as well as the rational ones).

You may or may not realize it.. but your cryptic approach here is just reinforcing the negative conspiracy theories about the game closing down or being starved to death to the point people completely lose interest. Is this really what you want to convey to your active player base? Really?

For once, I applaud your post and agree. Well said, and pointed is needed in this instance.

Absent more clarification and transparency from the Producer of SWTOR... I find it hard to blame players for some of the very negative rhetoric in the forum these days.

Well said, Andryah. You're right, it does send a negative message and even positive people like myself and those I chat with are getting depressed and down about what the future of the game holds.

It's even affecting my creativity. I'm having a hard time mustering the energy and excitement I need to write my weekly story chapters, so yeah, it's definitely bringing people down.

I have to say, I'm astonished that they don't have any plans on adding weapons to the outfit designer, it just seems to me that they would make a lot of money from that. There's a lot of people that would pay a lot of money to get certain weapons if you could...

I have to say, I'm astonished that they don't have any plans on adding weapons to the outfit designer, it just seems to me that they would make a lot of money from that. There's a lot of people that would pay a lot of money to get certain weapons if you could...

Yup. Got thousands of cartel coins, and I may even buy some if they finally do this.

Seriously, put the cartel market team on doing this. This should be a higher priority than redoing the UI in terms of how much it will make them.

None of the returning Companions have had their weapons changed. They will be the same as they were before.

-eric

what? you're wrong on this.

many companions returned with new CM weapons skin. (kaliyo djannis just for example)

and appart on this, i regret to dont see anymore old lvl 50 belsavis "unique companions weapon rewards" with former daily end level quests.

Edited by Thaladan

Well said, Andryah. You're right, it does send a negative message and even positive people like myself and those I chat with are getting depressed and down about what the future of the game holds.

It's even affecting my creativity. I'm having a hard time mustering the energy and excitement I need to write my weekly story chapters, so yeah, it's definitely bringing people down.

Agreed. I know it's tough Keith, cause any delay will get you raked over the coals (just look how many people are making snarky remarks about the operation, since they said a year ago "hopefully a year"), but it is definitely worth it to give a generalized longer view.

what? you're wrong on this.

many companions returned with new CM weapons skin. (kaliyo djannis just for example)

and appart on this, i regret to dont see anymore old lvl 50 belsavis "unique companions weapon rewards" with former end level quests.

I believe he meant the ones returning with the next updates.