Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

Stupidly Superior 250 Augment - One Trillion Dollars

Iam also pretty concerned a about. The 236 augments is already a disaster, and now they want provide nee augments for doing dumb pve content i hate doing. What is wrong with these devs? They really want to kill this game or what? If iam a pure pvp players why the hell i must play flash points in order to get new mats? And no i dont have tonnes of credits to buy them from gtn.

GET UP DEVS

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam also pretty concerned a about. The 236 augments is already a disaster, and now they want provide nee augments for doing dumb pve content i hate doing. What is wrong with these devs? They really want to kill this game or what? If iam a pure pvp players why the hell i must play flash points in order to get new mats? And no i dont have tonnes of credits to buy them from gtn.

GET UP DEVS

Actually, I am so laughing about this!

I guess you didn't have a problem, when the mats for the currently best 236 augments were mostly only dropping from pvp and from ranked pvp, to add insult to injury.

Now, you see pve players had to go and play pvp, that they don't necessarily like or want to do, in order to be able to do, yes, harder pve content, because believe it or not, not only pvp needs those augments, there are master chapters and master mode operations as well.

And now that the table is turned and you pvp-ers have to do pve, you all of a sudden complain, lol!

I don't say it's a good system either way, both pve and pvp should drop everything, and in equal proportions, that is needed for those augments, but I hope you see the irony of the situation!

Small questin regarding Jedi Shadow(Infiltrator) or Sith Assassin(Deception) Animations:

For quite some time they lack animation on interacting with a lot of stuff (e.g. in FPs like Assault on Tython in the first part, or on the dailies on CZ) When destroying something instead of using the force or lightsaber they just stand there and wait for the activation time to run out. Sometimes they have purple lightning around them, but that is it.

As a result, we’ve made substantial improvements to the Conquest system including a new interface, new daily objectives, new missions, and more. Most importantly, we have rewritten the backend system to ensure you benefit from your weekly efforts. Look for details in an upcoming blog or forum post.

Frankly, the most important conquest improvement for me would be the ability to turn off the conquest banner. It blocks clicking, doesn't fade out properly far too often, and breaks immersion. Can we have a guild-add blocker please?

Edited by Mubrak

Actually, I am so laughing about this!

I guess you didn't have a problem, when the mats for the currently best 236 augments were mostly only dropping from pvp and from ranked pvp, to add insult to injury.

Now, you see pve players had to go and play pvp, that they don't necessarily like or want to do, in order to be able to do, yes, harder pve content, because believe it or not, not only pvp needs those augments, there are master chapters and master mode operations as well.

And now that the table is turned and you pvp-ers have to do pve, you all of a sudden complain, lol!

I don't say it's a good system either way, both pve and pvp should drop everything, and in equal proportions, that is needed for those augments, but I hope you see the irony of the situation!

You do realise that you get the same mats from doing operations as well as pvp? It’s not just pvp related. Being snarky because another part of the community has a problem doesn’t help anyone.

I think you might be misunderstanding the point pvpers are making about the new Augments. It’s not that they might only be obtainable in flash points, it’s the whole gearing gap in pvp. As an APAC pvper I’ve basically been excluded from getting the current mats from ranked because my lag is too bad for it and I refuse to make other people carry me just so I can farm mats. I also don’t do Operations because they are too time consuming, so I’m excluded from getting them that way too. But I’m not here complaining about the hand I’ve been delt. I’m here to find out how Bioware will fix the gear discrepancy in pvp when these new Augments are released. Personally, making them obtainable in flash points is better for me because they won’t take that much time away from pvp to do them.

Some of the problems pvpers are worried about are -

A. 236 Augments make fully geared 248 players into gear champions that decimate people who have just got their toon to lvl 70 because Bolster only takes you to 242 gear lvl with no Augments. Adding Augments to gear below 242 gear is actually detrimental. It doesn’t matter where the new ones come from, wether it’s pve or pvp, adding even more powerful Augments into the pvp game will have a major affect on the lower geared players.

B. 236 Augments are already stupidly expensive and out of reach of lots of casual players. Even if you can craft them, they take a lot of resources that you need to get from all different parts of the game, both pvp and pve. If you don’t have time to do that, you are stuck paying these ridiculously high GTN prices. I can’t imagine the new Augments will be any easier (time consuming) to get mats for, which means they will also be stupidly expensive.

C. Add both points A and B together and you end up with Gear Gods in pvp farming everyone who doesn’t have massive amounts of credits or 40 hours a week spare time to play the game.

Bioware need have a plan to address those problems. ie boost Bolster again, make those new Augments not work in pvp, make them easier to get or make them cheaper some how.

I dont know what they have planned and it’s one of the things I’m hoping they will communicate with us shortly.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This also means we will not be offering a full Master Mode for all bosses in the Operation. This was an especially difficult decision for me to make, as I have loved the interaction between developers and our raiding community. Yet, based on what we’re planning for this year and beyond, it’s better to focus on the upcoming group content.

Okey this statement doesnt make any logical sense. You are not creating Master Mode for an op, because you want to focus on upcoming group content... which is what, exactly? Operations are the group content! You are not offering anything else! Unless... oh my god!

You are talking about new FP on Nathema, arent you? Is this you brilliant plan, your idea of group content - to create new FP, put new augments in it (again!) and that's supposed to keep people happy? Yea, that's not going to work. Keith. Desperate much?

]Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi - Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.

Excuse me, what? BH never met Akaavi, Smuggler never seen Mako, So there is no reuniting, you just get your previous comp, and another one as free addition, And if you are not BH or Smug, you get none.

Wonderful. At least with Andronikos, Risha and Corso you bothered to maintain illusion of class-related companions. This? This is not class content, this is "we gonna pay 4 voice actors instead of 16" class content. Great, just great.

Frankly, the most important conquest improvement for me would be the ability to turn off the conquest banner. It blocks clicking, doesn't fade out properly far too often, and breaks immersion. Can we have a guild-add blocker please?

And is a massive pain when it appears in the middle of a pvp match.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

And is a massive pain when it appears in the middle of a pvp match.

You're thinking of the DvL banner, right? Yes that's annoying too, but you can close it and it only pops up every once in a while. I meant the "planet controlled by unimaginative guild name @ derelict server" thingy.

Edited by Mubrak

You're thinking of the DvL banner, right? Yes that's annoying too, but you can close it and it only pops up every once in a while. I meant the "planet controlled by unimaginative guild name @ derelict server" thingy.

Oh yeah, that’s the one, lol.

Both are annoying and it would be excellent if you could disable them

• Dev Post
Thanks for the Roadmap, Kieth!

Apologies if this has been asked:

Are the companion returns:

1. Class locked: only the original class can get them?

2. Story progression locked: similar to Corso/Risha and Andronikos, have to have KotET finished in order to get them?

Thanks.

Hey there, following up on Eric's investigation about this yesterday. The companion returns are based on finishing Chapter 9 of KOTET and they return to their original class. There is one exception...

Mako and Akaavi - they are working together, so both Smuggler and Bounty Hunter will have option to acquire both.

Edited by KeithKanneg

Hey there, following up on Eric's investigation about this yesterday. The companion returns are based on finishing Chapter 9 of KOTET and they return to their original class. There is one exception...

Mako and Akaavi - they are working together, so both Smuggler and Bounty Hunter will have option to acquire both.

Thanks Kieth for the clarification, much appreciated!

You do realise that you get the same mats from doing operations as well as pvp? It’s not just pvp related. Being snarky because another part of the community has a problem doesn’t help anyone.

Yeah, I apologize if that came of as snarky, I'm laughing out of dispair and trying to laugh with you not at you.

Believe me, I'm laughing at myself enough too.

I'm with you, because I might not pvp at all, this game needs every single player to stay alive.

I was just trying to highlight the absurdity of the situtation, where one of the parts of the community always have to get the short end of the stick. Why does it have to be that way, it's beyond me.

As to the subject, I'm afraid you are mistaken, the main material, the Charged Matter Transubstantiator can only be obtained from Ranked PvP and Command Crates.

Yes, not from PvE content, like Operations or hard mode Flashpoints, only Command Crates, and let me tell you the drop rate is abysmal, I get one in every 30 or 40 crates.

I think you might be misunderstanding the point pvpers are making about the new Augments. It’s not that they might only be obtainable in flash points, it’s the whole gearing gap in pvp.

I might not have been aware of this issue, but it's a different issue and not what I was responding to in the first place.

The post I was responding to only complained about having to do PvE content to get schematics for new augments.

Edited by Galahard

I realized that my original response was a lot of opinion and feedback and that the questions part might be lost in the TLDR, so I have repeated those in reduced format to just include the questions bit in the hope that it will be easier to answer, and therefore more likely to get a response. Cheers!

#1 - When you say: "it’s better to focus on the upcoming group content", what content are you talking about? Flashpoints? Because if you are not planning a new raid, or the promised difficulties for the raid you're finally getting around to finishing, what group content do you refer to?

#2 - How will having one boss at Master Mode level affect the completion of the weekly for VM for that raid? Can we also expect increased rewards for that boss and completion of the weekly since the final boss will not be the same tier as the rest of the raid?

#3 - What currency will be used for the conquest vendor? Will it be a currency that is part of your personal conquest reward?

#4 - Will this currency be legacy-wide to make it easier to accumulate and spend? Not every conquest week sees the same characters competing. A crafting week I might complete conquest on a completely separate set of my characters than if it is a PvP objective focused week. This means that (like the Light and Dark tokens) a multitude of my characters will have tokens that are completely worthless because they can't ever be used. A legacy-wide currency would solve this problem, as I could build up a stack of said currency much like Unassembled Tokens, and spend when I have enough to buy... and with the character I want to use them on.

#4 Again - (Because I feel like this is really important to making this change awesome vs. worthless)

Will it be Bind on Pickup or Bound to Legacy? I think making it a legacy binding item is important, because the characters I wish to use it for are not necessarily going to be the ones who are regularly completing conquest each week and accumulating the currency to purchase this item. I do not believe this item should be able to be sold or traded to others after purchase, but should ABSOLUTELY be bound to legacy to be very worthwhile at all.

#5 - Why are there new augments again already? Doesn't this make the investment in the ones you just released 2 patches ago a waste?

#6 - How can Bind-on-Pickup (BOP) be legacy-based?? This makes no sense as written.

#7 - What currency will be used to purchase items from this vendor? Will anyone in your legacy be able to purchase them? Since the achievement is legacy-wide it would make sense that the rewards would be also, but some confirmation would be great.

#8 - Are these returns going to be for the original class only?

#9 - Does "delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018" mean that there will also be a new operation that is released one boss at a time?

#10 - Do you intend to (generally) provide the same types of other content and in the same amounts as you did in 2017? Or can we expect now that Galactic Command fixes and server merges won't interfere that we'll see an uptick in the content release cadence?

Thanks in advance for your responses to any/all of these questions.

AMAZING questions Penny.

Keith, if reply to one more post, I hope it's this one (Penny's, not mine). These are exceptional questions.

Edited by TUXs

How about a follow up clarification for Akaavi and Vector, at least?

Will they return as they were (melee) or have they been changed like SCORPIO, Jorgan (cannon to rifle) and Torian and had their weapons swapped?

And if so, can you explain why these changes were made?

Edited by PorsaLindahl

SNIP

...i have so many basic ordinary XP boosts that are STILL BOUND to me that i do not want to waste or not use. IT WOULD BE NICE if we could convert them to CXP boosts at level 69 or 70!!!!!!!

This is a FANTASTIC idea. @Keith, @Eric - this is a great QoL suggestion!

AMAZING questions Penny.

Keith, if reply to one more post, I hope it's this one (Penny's, not mine). These are exceptional questions.

Thank you, Tux! Appreciate the support, and hope for some answers to these questions not just for myself, but for all of us.

Okay. That is pretty sweet. My bounty hunter romanced mako, and is also Mandalorian. So the opportunity to add another Mandalorian to the mix is pretty damn awesome.

Conquest Revamp:

• We have all enjoyed receiving our rewards each week! Ok, in reality, we’ve had our fair share of issues this past year, but going forward, we want Conquests to be a consistently fun activity for Guilds and individual participants.
  • As a result, we’ve made substantial improvements to the Conquest system including a new interface, new daily objectives, new missions, and more. Most importantly, we have rewritten the backend system to ensure you benefit from your weekly efforts. Look for details in an upcoming blog or forum post.
  • A new Conquest Vendor will appear for those who complete their personal conquests each week. It’ll initially have Decorations and a new Companion boost called the Commander’s Compendium which will increase your active companion to influence level 50.
  • Commander’s Compendium – Personally, I like having various companions with influence level 50 available and depending on the fight, I might want a ranged DPS, or a melee type healer, or whatever. I also like the various animations and barks from a variety of our companions. We are introducing a new companion gift that can immediately raise the influence level of your companion to 50, but it’s expensive, requires some crafting, and requires you to complete your Personal Conquest objectives before you can purchase it from the vendor.

Keith,

I know you said more info would be released later, but is there any more info you can give us now? We have soo many conquest focused members in my guild that this would literally be their make or break. Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

1) Can you please expand on some of the changes you are making to conquest. Are you adding objectives to the current system or is conquest getting a complete overhaul like Galactic Command was introduced?

2) Is conquest guild rewards still being issued the same way or can we expect some changes on when we get them?

3) Are you adding more planets to conquer? Is crafting still going to be an option?

Thank you!

I changed your list to a numbered one for clarity in answers:

1. I mentioned this in another post on planned class changes, here.
  2. This is on our radar as a quality of life change for PvP. It is a fairly large undertaking though and not currently in our plans. The interest is noted though.
  3. Same as #2.
  4. Wintrading is a constant thing we monitor and action. Backfilling has particularly popped up on our radar lately and we are digging deep to find and action those players.

-eric

On the Wintrading you need to give us totals. No need to violate anyone's privacy, just totals. EVE announced they banned 1800 bots in Jan., announcements like that make everyone happy :D

On the Wintrading you need to give us totals. No need to violate anyone's privacy, just totals. EVE announced they banned 1800 bots in Jan., announcements like that make everyone happy :D

They won't do that...no sense announcing none. Until I see something that makes me actually believe they're enforcing anything, I'll maintain my doubt that they do a thing.