Arcann Romance? After chapters? Or during?

Naholen

I am trying to get an answer to this. Are we going to be able to romance Arcann through an alert? Or is it a chance only during the KOTET chapters? I hope it is not the latter.

considering we are done with kotet, finished, kaput, burried...it will prolly be a alert ...2 min cutscenes and thats it :)

I"m curious if he's going to play a role in the next expansion... or perhaps he goes with us to Nathema? It would be nice to see more involvement with him, but alas, since he can be killed....

Oh well.. wishful thinking I guess. :)

He'll probably send a letter, but I doubt he'd go, for his own reasons and yours.:o:(

• Dev Post
I am trying to get an answer to this. Are we going to be able to romance Arcann through an alert? Or is it a chance only during the KOTET chapters? I hope it is not the latter.

It will appear as an Alliance Alert. You must have completed KOTET and have him as a Companion to get the alert.

Thanks!

-eric

It will appear as an Alliance Alert. You must have completed KOTET and have him as a Companion to get the alert.

Thanks!

-eric

Out of curiosity, will this be similar to the original Alliance Alerts with KOTOR style conversations or will it have normal style conversations with actual cutscenes?

As someone who is... not just disinterested in... but actually repulsed by the notion of an Arcann romance... can we please know what the other options are? Can we ignore this? Execute him? Exile him?

All the options that were already there will remain. This won't affect you at all.

As someone who is... not just disinterested in... but actually repulsed by the notion of an Arcann romance... can we please know what the other options are? Can we ignore this? Execute him? Exile him?

IF you killed him already you cannot romance his dead body per bioware. Sorry.

Don't do it at all, the entire thing is an option. just ignore it. *shrug*

Redoing the already in-game kill choice would still require you getting rid of Senya anyway, she only cares about her son, he's everything to her as has been proven in the story.

Well THAT will be an awkward conversation between Arcann and my JK.

Arcann: "Hey, do you think that you and I...?" *makes bow-chicka-wow-wow sounds*

JK: "Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh...I would rather just wait for Theron to come back, despite how awful his hair looks."

*Awkward silence for the rest of forever*

I absolute HATE that Senya was tied in with Arcann's fate. Neither one of my characters who actually completed KotFE/ET wanted to kill her. My IA regretfully killed her because Arcann should not be allowed to be free. For the sake of seeing if ANYTHING was different if I chose to spare Arcann, my JK saved the both of them. And it makes me kind of throw up in my mouth every time I see him on my JK's companion roster.

But, you know, whatever floats other people's boats, *I'M* not really one to judge seeing as I really like the guy who's part of the Hive Mind...so...*shrugs*

For a few of my Toons, I let him live. Not for his sake, but for Senya's.

If SWTOR is going to revisit the half-faced horror, I'd like a full spread of options.

I really doubt there's going to be a kill exile option after saving him. And if there was, Senya certainly is going to go with her son.

Thanks!

-eric

aka hope it isnt another 2 second cutscene.....

Edited by Zboy

if you are so repulsed by him then he should be dead in your story , no ? ...you had the option to kill him if that's what you wanted ....i don't understand why you ppl keep bringing this up :) ...don't like him? kill him and be done with it :)

if you are so repulsed by him then he should be dead in your story , no ? ...you had the option to kill him if that's what you wanted ....i don't understand why you ppl keep bringing this up :) ...don't like him? kill him and be done with it :)

Not killing him =/= wanting to bang his brains out. Some people didn't kill him because they didn't want to kill Senya. Some people didn't kill him because their characters felt that they could redeem him. Saving him doesn't mean they want to ROMANCE him. It's not a black and white issue.

The biggest complaint is that the meager resources this game has is being spent on Arcann and his romance instead of returning all of the vanilla companions first. We're TIRED of waiting for them. Once they're all back then, yes, go kiss Arcann's "kissable lips."

But what's done is done. A new romance for the three of you who wanted it has been added before most people's characters' spouses have even returned. Congrats.

You know as much as I hate this idea (only spared Arcann because I like Senya), i had this kind of twisted curiosity about how they are gonna pull this whole thing.

Well, I guess we know how. It's gonna be one akward conversation.

Arcann: "Hey, how' are you doing? You saved me and my mother, and you are an awesome guy. Wanna hook up?"

Me: "Looks for kills/exile option which of course is nowhere to be seen": "No, thanks"

"Akward pause"

Arcann: "Nevermind then. See you around"

Not killing him =/= wanting to bang his brains out. Some people didn't kill him because they didn't want to kill Senya. Some people didn't kill him because their characters felt that they could redeem him. Saving him doesn't mean they want to ROMANCE him. It's not a black and white issue.

The biggest complaint is that the meager resources this game has is being spent on Arcann and his romance instead of returning all of the vanilla companions first. We're TIRED of waiting for them. Once they're all back then, yes, go kiss Arcann's "kissable lips."

But what's done is done. A new romance for the three of you who wanted it has been added before most people's characters' spouses have even returned. Congrats.

You do not have to romance him. My pure LS Jedi will not - she is together with Theron and will not romance Arcann. And no - not everyone who is for the Arcann romance wants him as LI. There are people who supports it because we get more options in general or other reasons.

And no one knows how many people will romance him exept for Bioware when they see the statistics later. Besides - they probably planned this long before when they decided how is going to look under the mask. Charles even said that they were thinking about if he has kissable lips. In the end it was Biowares decision - no reason to be mad with the Arcann fans because they asked for something they got.

I want my companions returned too - I play several characters with different LIs. I am too surprised that the romance is coming so soon and I agree that this was not the best move from Bioware before having all companions returned.

There is a thread titled something like "We love Arcann, give us romance, haters keep out" that has about 120 pages of people asking for Arcann romance. That's a lot more than 3 people (or if it's 3 people, it's 3 peoplen passionate enough to each write 400 posts, and not repeat information so much that they got reported for spam). Nothing else on the forum has near as much interest. Would I personally rather they spend time making for ops? Absolutely, but I'm not going to deny that this was a lot of people's top priority for some reason.

Please forgive me, but shouldn't this thread be in "Spoilers" section? I have no idea who Arcann, Xenya and Vaylen are, maybe there's a civilized way of letting the newbies enjoy the game without spoiling everything? Don't get me wrong, but I've had enough drama to last me for a lifetime in WoW, do not really wanted the same thing here too.

Thank you for understanding.