Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

I NEED an answer on Story.

If you are going to continue to release "story" its not even worthy of the title in FP's then that is going to be a problem.

When is the next real story coming.

FLASH POINTS ARE NOT STORY!

As if last year and this ...I am not gonna say roadmap because it is far cry from such..."update" are not answer enough. No story, only FP...and I am with you on this FP ARE NOT STORY.5 mins of it god forbids for an year... No Chapters....so the statements before KOTET that we will receive Chapter in big batches were a lie. Good to know.

I will have to give props to myself and a few posters who got all the 6.0 expansion fiasco and this roadmap information correct. Not that it pleases me in any way...I expected such information, though I left a slim chance there will be an expansion this year but oh no....they are continuing "the great job from 2017"...

I hope whoever made such horrible decision in favour of Anthem, chokes when the results come in. Oh and I really hope EA kiss their licence good bye.

I hope you get your question answered but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they do, but for men only. We have plenty of Lesbian or Bisexual women over here who want more than Lana.[/QUOTe]

Yeah, Hetero Male Conuslars would like some choice other than Lana too - but we don't clog the forums with whines about it every day.

All The Best

Question:

I'm on a bit of a break (obviously my sub hasn't run out quite yet).

Do I have to be subbed to get those comps back?

Right now that's basically the only thing I'm interested in, and if the next batches of returned comps are lackluster 2-minute cutscenes like the last batch was, it's not worth 15 Real Life moneys to me.

Yeah, Hetero Male Conuslars would like some choice other than Lana too - but we don't clog the forums with whines about it every day.

All The Best

I don't know, how often do you see SGR for fem/fem come up?

That aside, we all have our things we complain about. Just like you do.:)

• Dev Post
It's probably hopeless to ask at this point, but is there any update on a weapon slot for the outfit designer?

There's so many weapons that have been sitting in my cargoholds for the time when I can finally actually use them for something.

... or you know, you could just go back to the beta days and make every weapon in this game fully moddable. You could just change Artifact Authorization to what type of mod can be inserted instead.

It is not currently slotted into our plans but we still have a high interest in doing it. So no updates on timing just yet! We will be sure to let you all know though should we get it into the plans.

-eric

Thanks for the Roadmap, Kieth!

Apologies if this has been asked:

Are the companion returns:

1. Class locked: only the original class can get them?

2. Story progression locked: similar to Corso/Risha and Andronikos, have to have KotET finished in order to get them?

Thanks.

Edited by Galahard

So a 90 day road map to a 60 day road map. :(

Well I kept my expectations low and bioware didn't even make it to that. What a disappointment with a small amount of information that took way to long for bioware to put together.

An acraan romance before the other original LI's? :confused:

One FP

One OPS boss

Conquest revamp

Companions returning

New augments again :(

Instant companion level 50 token :(

Subscriber rewards (those going to be other event rewards as well?)

Pretty mediocre fellas.

Edited by Quraswren

Thanks for the Roadmap, Kieth!

Apologies if this has been asked:

Are the companion returns:

1. Class locked: only the original class can get them?

2. Story progression locked: similar to Corso/Risha and Andronikous, have to have KotET finished in order to get them?

Thanks.

1. yes

2. probably

It is not currently slotted into our plans but we still have a high interest in doing it. So no updates on timing just yet! We will be sure to let you all know though should we get it into the plans.

-eric

*sigh* That's pretty much the only game feature (other than, you know, content) I want at this point. I'm not a fan of a lot of Cartel gear and want to use 1.0 era stuff instead, but so much of it is only available as unmoddable greens and blues instead, unusable for anything but story.

EDIT:

also regarding the Alert for Mako and Akaavi: if these two are working together, but these are class specific quests, how will recruiting them work? Bounty Hunters only get Mako, Smugglers only Akaavi? The other just walks away?

Edited by BenKatarn

-eric

Easy money maker Eric...I think you guys are leaving easy money on the table. Don't worry about animations, this is an optional thing, you're silly not implementing this.

You say there is new group content coming later in the year, but it says Warzones, and FPs and stuff like that. Is there any info on a new FULL operation instead of an Operation being released 1 boss every 3 months or so? Some of us raiders are getting bored and would like more OPERATIONS. You have ONLY released 1 Operation in 3 years and it took you an entire year to release this one and there is no MM. Are you guys ever going to do MM Operations again or have you given up on that?

Subscriber rewards - I hope those are extended sub-time for your already paying customers.

Not like that +30 days extra sub-time crap only for returning players that have been inactive for more than 3months.

Surely you must have looked at your current business model - is it really worth the same subscription today as at launch?

Easy money maker Eric...I think you guys are leaving easy money on the table. Don't worry about animations, this is an optional thing, you're silly not implementing this.

How are animations even a factor? Are we even talking about weapon slots the same way here?

All *I* want is to be able to have a lightsaber or a blaster pistol that doesn't have modification slots stamped to an outfit so I can use it visually and audibly, while the actual damage is dealt from a legacy weapon etc.

I don't need to suddenly be able to use a double-bladed lightsaber on a Scoundrel.

How are animations even a factor? Are we even talking about weapon slots the same way here?

All *I* want is to be able to have a lightsaber or a blaster pistol that doesn't have modification slots stamped to an outfit so I can use it visually and audibly, while the actual damage is dealt from a legacy weapon etc.

I don't need to suddenly be able to use a double-bladed lightsaber on a Scoundrel.

Ah! My mistake - I was talking about more than that...yours is even easier.

geuss i quit swtor sorry been a very active and suportive spend tousend of euro,s in this game yet to get backstabed by you people for real Again major changes to the cartel market EA only one who cares about that we dont give **** on it and to behonest how about giving story driven players like me some actauly big expansion like kotet and kofte cuz i liked it and manny did you people are either trying to destroy the game also if you want group continent you can make ops without cinamatic,s u done before with uprisings why not make it ops fast continent not year waiting for 5 bosses for real maby you people have some time then 2 to work on solo continent like uuh maby story mode longer conversations with companions instead of freaking 5 min chinamatic with andronikos cheers man also not only that but Gallatic starfighter who hell even plays that for real you cant aim **** rather have some new armoring for my class ship and some new missions maby even pod racers instead of some pvp make it like mario kart it wil be fun and we have something to enjoy but this for almost 2 years waiting and u peeps gives us nada even stronghold last 2 strongholds werent even that great manaan was decent but lacked in the underwater department instead of giant underwater throne room like glass coup like they have in aqua man commic,s u also had bring stupid train with bad hooks to mutch noise and was like empty shell copy of the umbara story flashpoint sorry but you of devs team lost all my respect and i regrett actauly spending my money on this game :mad:

Beyond April – Discussion Topic!

As we look back to 2017 and now beyond the conclusion of the traitor storyline, we are planning to continue delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018. When you look at the total year, you received a wide variety of both multi-player and solo activities including a new story, Strongholds, Starfighter updates, a new Warzone, two new Flashpoints, and a new Operation, along with many Quality of Life improvements

Regarding the strongholds (we had two, the train and Manaan). Manaan was underwhelming. You used way to many centerpieces in a place like that. The underwater room the windows were stupid as you could barely see outside. Yes we could decorate outside but there should have been more to it like a underwater tunnel with glass so you could walk and look outside. So please do not make the same mistakes again.

Ah! My mistake - I was talking about more than that...yours is even easier.

If anything, we should have learned by now to not make overly complicated demands of BWA.

What I want should, theoretically, be easy to make. It's really just overlapping the skins and the sound. We've had this very thing since we got the Outfit Designer. It overwrites the visual appearance, as well as what sounds we make when running or jumping based on what soundset is hardcoded into the outfit. No need to suddenly grant classes weapon proficiencies they shouldn't have. A Guardian can only equip a lightsaber or vibrosword, and all I'm asking is me being able to stamp any kind of lightsaber or vibrosword to a Guardian, whether it's moddable or not. The Guardian does not suddenly need to know how an Assault Cannon works.

Please Eric, Keith: This should be relatively easy and would open up a lot of customization options for all those weapons that don't have full modification options.

Edited by BenKatarn