Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

Remember when you promised the raiding community that after two years of no new content you would release a new full operation with the year, and each subsequent boss would bring Nightmare/Master Mode for the Previous boss? I get that development and testing problems occur so delays can happen with boss releases. I guess expecting you to fulfill your word and deliver the NiM/MM difficulty that you stated we would get was just foolish. Seriously, why bother even saying it originally? No new ops for two years. No new NiM/MM difficulty since NiM DF/DP back before 3.0. You finally say you are going to deliver a full op with all 3 difficulty tiers again, and once again it is just not true. It is bad enough that the content released this year has been so minuscule, but the fact that you can't even fulfill the promises you made about the little content you were going to put out is just sad. I'm sure the only difficult part of the decision that you made was finally admitting that you lied to the NiM community and you aren't going to give us any new content. I'm sure Izax will be fun, but one boss instead of 5 is a colossal slap in the face.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

empress acina would be a perfect romance for both genders
Except she has a kill option. But then again, so did Arcann. So, I give up.

Most LIs didn't have a kill option till much later in the game. Like Aric, Kaliyo, Torian, Vette and Malavai. Those kill options weren't until the expansions, years after vanilla SWTOR.

But whatever, I don't think it really matters anymore.

• Dev Post
Not sure why you have decided to include Izax as a Master boss but not the rest of the operation... especially since Izax will not be coming out in VM? This is a weird move to make. In my opinion, the entire operation should be either Veteran or Master. It makes no sense to split it up in such a weird way.

Apologies as that may be confusing. Technically speaking, Izax is being released in SM and VM like all of the other Gods from the Machine bosses. However, he is being balanced as if he is MM difficulty. You might compare him to the old "hardmare" bosses back in the day.

Again, technically there is no MM Izax, but when you play VM it is going to feel like there is.

-eric

Eric,

THE ONLY QUESTIONS i want answered right now is if ANY of you / SWTOR staff / the DEVS have ever read my TWO BIG POSTS about what i want to see happen to the game? IF I CAN AT LEAST know: *** HAVE YOU READ THESE TWO THREADS *** then i can leave you all alone lolllllllllll

The TWO threads I want to know if any of you at SWTOR / BIOWARE have read, ARE:

1. SUGGESTED Future Planets, Classes, Races, Flashpoints, Missions I'd LOVE to see! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713032

2. Devs PLEASE READ: Feature Requests, BUG FIXES, game adjustments for 5.0 #KOTET http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=889020

Can anyone at SWTOR Bioware or even EA just let me know that these 2 threads have been read before???

THANKS!

(BTW I JUST TODAY RENEWED MY SUBscription ... and your post was NOT REALLY a roadmap (as you said actually) but it was better than this previous endless silence, or better than nothing i guess.... sigh)

Hey folks,

With the roadmap in front of you feel free to shoot us your feedback and questions in this thread. We are gonna sit back and let everyone digest and get questions out for a bit before we start responding. Expect quiet from us for a couple of hours and then we will be in here addressing your questions.

Roadmap day!

-eric

I expect nothing, but still I am disappointed..

Let me get this straight.

February we get zero updates.

March 13th we get a 3month delayed Ops Boss.

April maybe the 30th - we get a new traitor flashpoint, that was supposed to have been concluded with the Criss.

So your 90day's Roadmap is only delivering content in two of the three months!

Pretty much so. If people were looking for confirmation of maintenance mode, this is it.

No mention on plans for companion returns. JC will be down to 3 missing some time in April with return of the first companion since Chapter IX of KOTFE.

Arcann gets romanced before companions are returned, does that strike anyone as backwards?

Raiders get a half arsed finish to a very delayed ops.

No story beyond a 30 minute (max) FP that was promised for early this year. April is in the second quarter, that's hardly early and that presumes the 5.9 patch is delivered in April.

No PvP enhancements or balance beyond a vague promise for those that like that aspect.

An admission that 2018 will be much like 2017. Well isn't that special?

It seems we've gone beyond letting every player group (story, pvp, raid) have their turn to nobody gets a turn (Except those who want an Arcann romance at all costs).

On the plus side, there will be CM enhancements!

This is maintenance mode or worse, late maintenance mode.

Edited by Keta

Apologies as that may be confusing. Technically speaking, Izax is being released in SM and VM like all of the other Gods from the Machine bosses. However, he is being balanced as if he is MM difficulty. You might compare him to the old "hardmare" bosses back in the day.

Again, technically there is no MM Izax, but when you play VM it is going to feel like there is.

-eric

Makes more sense. Thank you for clarifying!

AHHHH 1 more thing i forgot (this is it, i swear... lol)

PLEASE PRINT and share my 2 links with the staff though :) but here is my LAST THING:

Other latent bugs in SWTOR (i know there are tons more, but here is my own current and personal list of annoyances)

My short list of 20 ANNOYANCES with the current state of SWTOR right now:

1. OLD Droid parts are still searchable as a veritable category on the GTN drop-down menus, even if they no longer exist in the game anymore (exception: I still own 2 complete sets of HK-51 parts on 2 of my characters (for some reason the devs never converted them to "scrap" type items worth actual credits, and they are still just sitting there in cargo bays, and i am not sure IF i can sell them for any credits, or how much in credits they're "worth" -- unlike when either 3.0 or 4.0 hit and we were allowed to get at least some self-off value from those (then-obsolete) droid parts before).

a. Sub-point: un-patched BUGS and EXPLOITS have caused many GTN-oriented players to become inexorbitantly super wealthy (see: "SWTOR: 2.6 Billion Credits in One Day |Largest Exploit in SWTOR|"

) and have caused a huge uproar with economy inflation, with the companion gift exploit recently patched and fixed. IF things like this are what fuel the gold farmers and spammers, let alone the ordinary average player, then what hope do we "johnny come lately"s have of accumulating wealth on the same GTN? Unless someone is on the bleeding edge of these experiences, there is no if any rare chance to make any serious amount of in-game credits in SWTOR. I know that SWTOR CAN AND DOES punish exploiters but they said this gift "bug" was not really an exploit.... so what is going on here? Were they purposely leaving the door open on a "honey trap" to catch "money launderers" aka gold farmers or what?

(NOTE: this exploit NO longer works anywhere, to my knowledge, so i presume it is now safe to talk about it and explain why BUGS are a serious problem?)

2. Various Voidstar WZ cinematics have been buggy for years! And when you thought they "fixed them" and added new voice-overs etc... NO THEY DIDN'T! And yes i know, it's not game-breaking but it IS "immersion" or "suspension of disbelief" breaking.

3. People are stuck with XP boosts after level 69 (70 and up with new Command XP levels) and those things have now become useless and i hate to destroy items of value -- unless there will be another (regular, normal) level increase? or are we stuck with only command levels from here on out, and no level 75, 80, 85, etc... ? mehhh I hope EA/BW will come to their senses and either boost basic levels OR offer a conversion system for people who are at 69 or 70 to exchange their various kinds of XP boost items for either Command boosts or something else also appropriate (yes i know i made a separate post about this already).

4. There are sooooooooo mannnnyyyyy races which can speak Basic/Aurebesh, even auditorally/vocally ("out loud") and not just in text chat windows. Why are we not getting more of those races added into the game as an #opportunity# for SWTOR to make MORE $$$ MONEY $$$ via cartel coins?

a. Sub-point to the above: the "new" Cathar and Togruta races are STILL NOT included in the race unlock menu of the Legacy/Perks window, as they should be visible in there. Sure you can see them on the Cartel Market and/or GTN, but they are not even presented as a purchase-able option in the Legacy perks window which has not been majorly overhauled since 3.0 - sad! :(

5. The LOGIN screen shows characters in terms of only their ordinary basic levels (1-70) and NOT according to their Command XP. For that matter also, IN-GAME we CANNOT see what someone's command rank is, nor what our own is, without hunting down some cryptic display in the Command Pack Open-er window. Why is this still so obscured and not more visible to ourselves much less to other players? and Why is it still not showing on the login / character selection screen?

a. For that matter, i'd also love to see how many e-mails and in-game credits that EACH character has, ON the login/selection screen, AND how many cartel coins MY ACCOUNT has, on that same selection screen. Also the selection screen limits us to seeing only which of the basic levels (1-70) a character has and DOES NOT DISPLAY Command Ranks or where on the CXP scale that they are. How hard can this be to add this into those menu/screen selection systems somewhere??? I do not believe that would involve much time in development - few excuses will i accept on this issue either.

b. Also, since United Forces' server merges, the ability to SORT the list of selectable characters on the selection screen would be very handy for those of us with 32 or 55 characters (or some who have more, maybe?).

c. Inventory windows and cargo bays currently have 4 sortable options: Compact, Quality, Quantity, and Value. And i love all of these but i think there needs to be added 2 more options: Bound / Unbound, please. This would help those of us who enjoy working on GTN and who have bays and bays full of unbound gear that we want to have better organized for sale or use, whichever.

6. Adding onto the above, why do we still have time-outs during character creation? Some of us are rather a sort of "perfectionist" when creating how we want our characters to "look" and "feel", and it would be nice if, in the middle of character creation, we would not be SUDDENLY LOGGED OUT and LOSE ALL the work we put into our new character design, only to have to start all over again. WHY is OFFLINE character creation still not a thing with SWTOR as it is with many other MMOs (even some of the old ones!). Timing us out at creation really sucks. How about just negating the timer, or allowing the interface to save our work (either outputting the stream of # selections or hanging onto them if we get timed out of creation?). Surely there has to be a better solution for this silly issue. What i currently have to do, as i am creating a new character, is to write down the # of each visual aspect position as i am going along. That way if i get timed out, i can at least swiftly recreate what i had, by moving those sliders back to where those numbers are, and keep going in the "time allotted".

7. The in-game music is so horribly old. And so dated! How about some new soundtracks? I know this one costs money for composers and digital artists, etc... and so i don't really expect anything much to be done here. But it sure would be nice and it would make the game feel "Fresh and new" for many of us all over again!

a. Sub-point to the above, there is a very annoying bug where sometimes TWO concurrent background music streams play simultaneously over top of each other, and the only way to stop it is to completely close the client and re-login back to the game. There is currently no other solution (that i am aware of) that can fix this major annoyance. How about just fixing this bug, instead? thanks.

8. Since the voice actor strike is long over, is there anyway to re-add voice acting to those "classic conversations" as seen in some KOTFE and KOTET interludes/cinematics? I wish BW would just be honest and admit they just were strapped and bound, unable to do anything about it because of the past voice actor/actress strike. I understand why they did it, but now that it is over, could they just add voices to those scenes now? This MMO was UNIQUE among others in that most everything in it is "fully voiced" and that was the part of the grand and overall legacy of SWTOR ... until that happened and the dev team compromised on us :( Sorry but it is a sore point even if a minor one.

9. CONQUEST is still overly mysterious and i have absolutely no idea what to do, even when i do look in that portion of the Codex Conquest tab, and there are just so many things that i "need" to do that it becomes overwhelming and too lengthy and i think that is why (maybe) many people just do not even bother doing it, unless it is a coordinated guild event? I know they are supposed to re-design or re-vamp this system so i hope they consider that Conquest currently demands way too many things be done. MAYBE if they split it up into smaller portions (to my thinking anyway) it would seem or look more manageable and thus easier for more people to endeavor embarking upon.

10. DO LONG Flashpoints still lose all your progress if, for some reason, in the middle of them, you get logged out or need to leave and get out of the game? I know people should pre-plan ahead of time for at least a 30- to 45-minute immersion time to dedicate to playing them (Battle of Ilum, Taral-5, False Emperor, etc..) but if there was some way to SAVE one's progress (say, if not grouped, and so, if doing them in story mode or solo) then that would be a nice improvement. Phases save our progress right? if they do not, then why do we have the "Reset phase" option by right clicking on our portraits? Someone help me out here because honestly this confuses the heck out of me.

11. GSF torpedoes and missiles, the way they work (I have tried them only a few times) ... they just seem to elude me how they work. The "lock on" and how to get locked on, do not make sense to me? I know how to do it in the (entirely separate and very different) space rail missions, but when it comes to GSF why do they not use the same lock-on mechanism of RIGHT CLICK AND DRAG as they do in the space rail missions? Someone please help me here because i honestly do not know how to lock-on a torpedo or missile or how to use them. So this is not really a bug, per se, as much as it is me asking for help out of my own ignorance lol Surely this system could be made easier though, no? I am most familiar with Gunships as that is my bread and butter and i totally know how to execute the right-click special weapon attack (just the other ships do not seem to operate the same way). I am also somewhat familiar with bombers but i almost never play them. And i almost never play any Scouts and Fighters so please dont think i am anything but ignorant here: I know i am. Thanks lol.

12. Crafting various items still shows those items as remaining in "yellow" and "orange" difficulty, even when you have already reached level 600 on a given crafting skill. How is this still a thing? Why does it work this way? Simple problems should be easily explained, yes?

13. It took the devs FOUR years (since 2.x) to finally adjust the re-spawn time of the Heroic boss mission "Possessed Hunter" in the Dark Temple of Dromund Kaas, so we didn't have to continually group or change instances to be able to do it in a timely manner. WHY did it take so long, and why was only that 1 non-instanced (grrrrrr) heroic mission addressed? Would it not be easier to just make it instanced? Or does that defeat PUG / open grouping purposes? mehhh... There are so many other bugs that would seem to have easy fixes so why does that one only recently get the fix and attention?

14. The FP Colicoid War Games. NOBODY EVER touches it. Why? maybe it needs fixing. I have honestly never tried it (well i have, but i left the instance or group and never completed it, so i never got very far). Can this be re-designed so that more people try it? Plus there is no solo-able / story mode version. THIS MIGHT be why! Thanks.

15. Adding to point above, it is nearly impossible to find people to group with for the various later or "end-game-ish" Dread Seed and The Shroud Heroic-4 missions (and there are many of those missions along the quest line, and i have gotten almost to the end of them, SOLO (or with 1 other player at most, only) ... but i cannot finish them because i cannot find other players to do them with. Group Finder aka "Activity Window" does not feature them, and the DEVS PROMISED to fix them and make "story mode" / solo-able versions of those same missions, after the Dark vs Light event was finished a summer or 2 ago. And this still has not taken place. Some of us are still waiting :(

16. Why is the time delay between using /stuck so dang high? Some of us like to explore and challenge ourselves by climbing along the various landscapes and when we get stuck, well, we just have to logout or "go to SH" if we are past our first use of /stuck, and if QT is not working BECAUSE the game considers our toon to "still be moving" and thus it will not LET us get out of being stuck because we cannot get our toons to stop MOVING lol Double-bind here and a rather annoying problem. REMOVE the time-out on /stuck. It's silly to condemn toons to being stuck. It costs the server or client nothing and i fail to see why there was ever a timer put onto it at all.

17. THAT reminds me. NO-SPEEDER zones. The game currently has far farrrrrrrr too many areas where speeders/mounts/creatures/vehicles are (for some strange and bizarre reason) "not allowed". Even the rocket-boots get "dismounted" in these areas!!! Yes i know there are inside areas which would break immersion (especially for Roleplayers) if a giant walker came stomping through. I GET THAT. I know. I understand. But there are also, concurrently, so many other "outside" areas, and inside CAVE areas, where having a mount/creature/speeder/vehicle STILL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE (and it is honestly very stupid how the game still limits where we can use various speeders at so many various locations). NEW RULE? ALL inside areas = NO (for the most part - this can be reviewed) and ALL OUTDOOR areas? ABSOLUTELY YES at ALL times, INCLUDING inside caves, when wanted. Please re-vamp the in-game landscape restriction against use of speeders -- this is a stupid and very annoying problem. Also please allow the unlockable rocket-boots to have longer burn/run/boost times and to ALWAYS be allowed to use them in ALL indoor locations. This is the only "mount" that makes sense to have it on as much as possible. Thanks.

18. Make rare dyes and weapon tunings drop A LITTLE more often in Operations, Flashpoints and the odd or rare Heroic. I dont know but they still seem too rare, to me. Am i wrong?

19. Fighting Silver-Gold-Champion Boss-type bosses or near-bosses in various PVE world areas. (NO i do not mean World Bosses - i am happy with their loot drops so far. I am talking about all of the other ones on-planets). Sometimes these impromptu fights yield the loot of only a green premium item and nothing more. While it may still be RNG (ugggh) it is still also CRAPPY and STINGY of the SWTOR engine/server/client to only offer green items when someone has invested as much time and effort in taking out a Silver-Gold-Champion Boss-type enemy in world PVE. THE MINIMUM loot these things should drop is at least a blue prototype item. Nothing less and (for non-subscribers at least, since artifact authorization can be costly) nothing more. These champions dropping only measly green and weak "premium" items is lame. AND SOMETIMES the game does not let them drop ANY loot at all - not even a blue credits amount! LAME. Fix their database loot tables, please.

20. Weapon proficiencies: Why are melee classes not allowed to use the mirror weapons? Why are ranged classes not allowed the full range of ranged weapons?

a. Shadow/Assassin can use dual-sabers and electrostaves but NOT techstaffs? LAME.

b. And Knights/Sages/Warriors/Sorcs are able to use plain training sabers, plain lightsabers and vibroswords, but NOT techblades and NOT vibro-knives? LAME.

c. And Troopers/Agents can use either a rifle/assault-cannon / rifle/sniper-rifle, but NOT a pistol or shotgun or in any way inter-changeable? And smugglers/Bounty Hunters can use ONLY pistols but NEVER a rifle or assault cannon or shotgun? In the game PRE-3.0, Vette could wield a rifle (and not just pistols) and Aric Jorgan had an assault cannon before he got abruptly changed (rightly so) back to sniper rifle. LAME. [obviously the ruling on what offhand gear these classes/specs can or cannot use, does still make sense and i won't dispute that ... yet ... ha]

d. Boxing attack options are only usable when no item or weapon is equipped. Over the flow of time these "attack options" have fallen to the wayside and they used to be the only means of attack that our ship droids were able to employ (C2-N2 and 2V-R8, respectably). Since 3.0 they were allowed to finally wield custom pistols, and would not "box" anymore unless you removed the weapon from their character sheet. However, main characters should be now (finally) allowed to DO BOXING EVEN if we do have weapons in our hands. Have the devs never heard of a "HILT BASH"? (oh wait, that is an actual power in 1 of the the jedi knight specs! Mercy me !! LOL why is that or the force-kick powers, any different from boxing? They are all = "martial arts" to me and i think we should be allowed to box no matter what weapon we use. Even troopers have a "stock-strike" and that is barely all that different from an uppercut boxing move). Please make boxing attacks work even when armed. Thanks.

TL;DR? improve all of this ****. KTHXBAI

Thanks for reading my long drawn out mini-essay lol

Eric,

THE ONLY QUESTIONS i want answered right now is if ANY of you / SWTOR staff / the DEVS have ever read my TWO BIG POSTS about what i want to see happen to the game? IF I CAN AT LEAST know: *** HAVE YOU READ THESE TWO THREADS *** then i can leave you all alone lolllllllllll

The TWO threads I want to know if any of you at SWTOR / BIOWARE have read, ARE:

1. SUGGESTED Future Planets, Classes, Races, Flashpoints, Missions I'd LOVE to see! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713032

2. Devs PLEASE READ: Feature Requests, BUG FIXES, game adjustments for 5.0 #KOTET http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=889020

Can anyone at SWTOR Bioware or even EA just let me know that these 2 threads have been read before???

THANKS!

(BTW I JUST TODAY RENEWED MY SUBscription ... and your post was NOT REALLY a roadmap (as you said actually) but it was better than this previous endless silence, or better than nothing i guess.... sigh)

Except she has a kill option. But then again, so did Arcann.

But whatever, I don't think it really matters anymore.

Acina's role was nowhere as significant as Arcanns. She didnt even appear in KOTFE. And she doesn't have a long thread on forum with people talking about romancing her.

But honestly, I think the developers simply chose Arcann as a poster boy for idea of Redemption (badly written and badly executed and they completely ignored Redemption equals Death trope)

In short, they like him. And Acina, well. they give 0 *****.

thanks for the roadmap and excited to face izax.

my only question is 6.0 going to be an expansion like SOR, ROTHC, I don't need details, just a simple yes or no would be greatly appreciated

Are you kidding me....Look at his post...notice the last part of it... how the content for 2018 will be like 2017, so no - no new expansion. Sorry...i am gonna laugh at those who were dead certain there will be, I had my doubts, and now I see I was correct. Not that this makes me happy in any way.

Eric, what happened to the annoucement before KOTET that "players like their story chapter in big bundles instead of monthly ones"? Are you guy seriously making the story for a whole year in 2 FP's? So around 5 minutes?

Edited by ExarSun

• Dev Post
I'm glad the PvE community has a few things to look forward to but I'm disheartened that there is no mention of PvP. I'm not the only one underwhelmed by the Civil War reskin: adding maps doesn't address longstanding issues like

1. class imbalance
  2. lack of warzone matchmaking based on role
  3. lack of cross-faction queues for solo ranked and
  4. cheating, backfilling, etc., in solo ranked.

Keith and team, can you please comment?

I changed your list to a numbered one for clarity in answers:

1. I mentioned this in another post on planned class changes, here.
  2. This is on our radar as a quality of life change for PvP. It is a fairly large undertaking though and not currently in our plans. The interest is noted though.
  3. Same as #2.
  4. Wintrading is a constant thing we monitor and action. Backfilling has particularly popped up on our radar lately and we are digging deep to find and action those players.

-eric

Are you kidding me....Look at his post...notice the last part of it... how the content for 2018 will be like 2017, so no - no new expansion. Sorry...i am gonna laugh at those who were dead certain there will be, I had my doubts, and now I see I was correct. Not that this makes me happy in any way.

Eric, what happened to the annoucement before KOTET that "players like their story chapter in big bundles instead of monthly ones"? Are you guy seriously making the story for a whole year in 2 FP's? So around 5 minutes?

maaaaaaaintenance mooooode.

If you needed any more evidence that Anthem has took All SWTOR resources just look at this "Roadmap"

1. Full Master Mode for all bosses; Nope

2. “traditional” expansion: Hell No

3. Reuse of more assets for FP; Yes

4. Not having any idea what we are going to put out after 5.9: Yes Sir

5. More and "Improved" Cartel Market; Hell Yes (Because We Need Money)

Sounds like your expectations are not matching with the great content swtor does provide.

In other words: Let the whining begin. :p

Of course! Here’s mine…

Hey folks,

With the roadmap in front of you feel free to shoot us your feedback and questions in this thread. We are gonna sit back and let everyone digest and get questions out for a bit before we start responding. Expect quiet from us for a couple of hours and then we will be in here addressing your questions.

Roadmap day!

-eric

I believe Keith implied no more roadmaps? Only game update discussions every couple of months?

Hey everyone,

I think for all of us, this Roadmap process we started last year could stand a bit of improvement. Instead of providing information every 90 days or so, it’s taking a lot longer to get you any information about what we’re planning, and honestly, that needs to change. I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days, but I do want you to be comfortable with our direction and where we are headed.

With this in-mind, we’ve decided to use the Forums as the means to get you the information about the next couple months versus waiting for a Roadmap. This will allow us to be more responsive to your questions, address your concerns, and maintain a better dialog going forward. It also helps us (especially me) to stay available and not make it seem like we’ve disappeared into the ether. Here is what you can expect in March and April this year (2018)

I’m probably alone in thinking this, however this is a concern given the recent rumours about the future of the game. They may have been rumours but for me your response makes me think there’s some truth to them. Shorter updates is a lot safer than having to retract information should the game end suddenly.

March 13 – Game Update 5.8 - Command Authority

Conquest Revamp:

• We have all enjoyed receiving our rewards each week! Ok, in reality, we’ve had our fair share of issues this past year, but going forward, we want Conquests to be a consistently fun activity for Guilds and individual participants.
  • As a result, we’ve made substantial improvements to the Conquest system including a new interface, new daily objectives, new missions, and more. Most importantly, we have rewritten the backend system to ensure you benefit from your weekly efforts. Look for details in an upcoming blog or forum post.
  • A new Conquest Vendor will appear for those who complete their personal conquests each week. It’ll initially have Decorations and a new Companion boost called the Commander’s Compendium which will increase your active companion to influence level 50.[/List]
I really hope this DOES NOT result in the loss of ‘The Dread War’ again like the server merger did :mad:

Companions:
  • Arcann Romance – Everyone’s favorite former villain has had a change of heart and may be more “available” than he was previously.
  • Companion Return: Vector – Imperial Agents will see the return of Vector Hyllus! Easily the best member of the Killik hivemind.
  • Companion Return: Ashara Zavros will return to the Sith Inquisitor’s side. How will things go with her former master?
  • Commander’s Compendium – Personally, I like having various companions with influence level 50 available and depending on the fight, I might want a ranged DPS, or a melee type healer, or whatever. I also like the various animations and barks from a variety of our companions. We are introducing a new companion gift that can immediately raise the influence level of your companion to 50, but it’s expensive, requires some crafting, and requires you to complete your Personal Conquest objectives before you can purchase it from the vendor.

Companions:

• Companion Return: Felix Iresso – The Jedi Consular’s loyal soldier has had a rough time these last few years – can the Consular help him?
  • Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi - Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.

Are the companion returns and Arcann romance going to be another 2 minute disappointment fest like the last companion returns? The companion boost is a little late for me - all my crafters on all three servers have at least 8 companions each at 50 influence already. If these boosts are sellable via the GTN however...

April – Game Update 5.9 - The Nathema Conspiracy

Flashpoint:

• This year’s story has shown the final ramifications of the path that Valkorion first chose when he devastated Nathema, so it’s only natural that we go there to bring that story to its exciting conclusion.

I guess the Nathema guys win the pool for guessing that right. I predicted it would drag on until past Easter - I win :D

Edited by Sarova

Ahhh, while I am happy with my upcoming Arcann romance, ready to be the new space Eva Braun, I do feel the gloom washing over me with the rest of the news! I always try to be positive, but oh Lord!!

I sure wonder *** is from ground on wrong with people who are wishing for being the stupid, superficial, uneducated and any decency and moral lacking courtesan of a major criminal and mass murderer.

"space Eva Braun". - ***, people are sick... aren't they?!

Sooo, with this new VM/MM boss coming and short time to kill it to get the goods, anything on an extend lockout option? Wasn't this mentioned at some point. Some of us don't have much time to raid, it would help give more teams a chance. This way a releasing bosses every few months is kinda annoying, like when you killed every boss and no new one is released yet, you don't wanna keep doing them, but you gotta do it if you don't wanna get rusty and wipe a lot taking hours to reach the new boss once it's released.

Anyway, that's be a great QoL change. Locking it behind cheevos or even credits would be ok for, and maybe not do it in SM (so people don't just farm last bosses to get CXP). I'm really thinking about it as a progression tool due to this weird op release format.