Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ShadowGovernator
02.15.2018 , 01:20 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
what do you expect them to do with 5 people on a dev team
Hire more devs

ThomasStarWars
02.15.2018 , 01:20 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowGovernator View Post
Hire more devs
dont think they have the budget for that lol

Eloi_BG
02.15.2018 , 01:22 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Operations:
  • Izax, The Destroyer - The 5th and final boss from the Gods from the Machine Operation. There will be two modes with Izax; Story and Master mode. This also means we will not be offering a full Master Mode for all bosses in the Operation. This was an especially difficult decision for me to make, as I have loved the interaction between developers and our raiding community. Yet, based on what were planning for this year and beyond, its better to focus on the upcoming group content.
  • However, we are going to run a special Izax event for those who are worthy enough to defeat him. Everyone who does will have an opportunity to receive a new achievement, a special and unique Title, and a new and very enticing Legacy-based reward.
  • Note, well deliver the Title and Reward when we launch Game Update 5.9 The Nathema Conspiracy.
Quick questions:
Does that mean there will never be an Izax VM? How will the instances work (like do you need to kill 4/5 VM to have access to Izax MM)?

EDIT: Nevermind this first part, looks like it's just dumb wording on their part. I just saw Eric's post.

Also ETA on the augments blog please. Some of us don't want to spend millions augmenting toons (I finally had decided I'd just buy the new augments, good thing I didn't really do it yet) for them to be irrelevant in two months.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

ShadowGovernator
02.15.2018 , 01:24 PM | #124
dont think they have the budget for that lol
Star Wars is one of the biggest IP's.
EA has got billions!
Disney even more so..

Gelious
02.15.2018 , 01:24 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good questions
I have a question! The last story update was on 28th November. Why is the next story update is in April? Don't you think that for a story-driven MMO that's a bit too much of a gap?
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

DarthCognusSion
02.15.2018 , 01:24 PM | #126
Remember when you promised the raiding community that after two years of no new content you would release a new full operation with the year, and each subsequent boss would bring Nightmare/Master Mode for the Previous boss? I get that development and testing problems occur so delays can happen with boss releases. I guess expecting you to fulfill your word and deliver the NiM/MM difficulty that you stated we would get was just foolish. Seriously, why bother even saying it originally? No new ops for two years. No new NiM/MM difficulty since NiM DF/DP back before 3.0. You finally say you are going to deliver a full op with all 3 difficulty tiers again, and once again it is just not true. It is bad enough that the content released this year has been so minuscule, but the fact that you can't even fulfill the promises you made about the little content you were going to put out is just sad. I'm sure the only difficult part of the decision that you made was finally admitting that you lied to the NiM community and you aren't going to give us any new content. I'm sure Izax will be fun, but one boss instead of 5 is a colossal slap in the face.

EricMusco
02.15.2018 , 01:24 PM | #127 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Neaty View Post
Any Class balance changes coming soon?
Yup! 5.9 actually has some Utility changes for various classes and some changes planned to address "skank tanks" in PvP. We will share details on that closer to 5.8 going out the door.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lium
02.15.2018 , 01:26 PM | #128
empress acina would be a perfect romance for both genders
Except she has a kill option. But then again, so did Arcann. So, I give up.

Most LIs didn't have a kill option till much later in the game. Like Aric, Kaliyo, Torian, Vette and Malavai. Those kill options weren't until the expansions, years after vanilla SWTOR.

But whatever, I don't think it really matters anymore.

EricMusco
02.15.2018 , 01:26 PM | #129 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
Not sure why you have decided to include Izax as a Master boss but not the rest of the operation... especially since Izax will not be coming out in VM? This is a weird move to make. In my opinion, the entire operation should be either Veteran or Master. It makes no sense to split it up in such a weird way.
Apologies as that may be confusing. Technically speaking, Izax is being released in SM and VM like all of the other Gods from the Machine bosses. However, he is being balanced as if he is MM difficulty. You might compare him to the old "hardmare" bosses back in the day.

Again, technically there is no MM Izax, but when you play VM it is going to feel like there is.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

lightningseven
02.15.2018 , 01:26 PM | #130
Eric,

THE ONLY QUESTIONS i want answered right now is if ANY of you / SWTOR staff / the DEVS have ever read my TWO BIG POSTS about what i want to see happen to the game? IF I CAN AT LEAST know: *** HAVE YOU READ THESE TWO THREADS *** then i can leave you all alone lolllllllllll

The TWO threads I want to know if any of you at SWTOR / BIOWARE have read, ARE:

1. SUGGESTED Future Planets, Classes, Races, Flashpoints, Missions I'd LOVE to see! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713032

2. Devs PLEASE READ: Feature Requests, BUG FIXES, game adjustments for 5.0 #KOTET http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=889020

Can anyone at SWTOR Bioware or even EA just let me know that these 2 threads have been read before???

THANKS!
(BTW I JUST TODAY RENEWED MY SUBscription ... and your post was NOT REALLY a roadmap (as you said actually) but it was better than this previous endless silence, or better than nothing i guess.... sigh)

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
With the roadmap in front of you feel free to shoot us your feedback and questions in this thread. We are gonna sit back and let everyone digest and get questions out for a bit before we start responding. Expect quiet from us for a couple of hours and then we will be in here addressing your questions.
Roadmap day!
-eric
My NEW ideas for FUTURE #SWTOR6 #KOTET content:
Post-5.0 BUG LIST / FUTURE Content Requests AND Addendum: REVOLUTIONIZING SWTOR!
LEGACIES (Type "/CJOIN [legacy name]" IN CHAT to find me!): Satele Shan: CELESTIA; Star Forge: PALLADIUM; Darth Malgus: UNIVERSALYS