Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

If you needed any more evidence that Anthem has took All SWTOR resources just look at this "Roadmap"

1. Full Master Mode for all bosses; Nope

2. “traditional” expansion: Hell No

3. Reuse of more assets for FP; Yes

4. Not having any idea what we are going to put out after 5.9: Yes Sir

5. More and "Improved" Cartel Market; Hell Yes (Because We Need Money)

6. Continued class and utilities balance as promised last year? - nope

7. "Players like receiving story content in big bundles" hell no...what story content?? 5 minutes per year? You got that right.

8. Not having any plans for content further than 90 days when other studios release yearly plans - check!

9. Repeatable story/group content - u wot? Those 2 minutes cutscenes not enough for you??

...and here I though uprisings were bad...I am done.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation time! From PR ******** Keith is fluent in to normal English. Here we go:

Translation: We have no idea what's gonna happen to SWTOR in 90 or more days, so we gonna only inform you about next couple month or so. This gives us time to come up with new small pieces of content to feed you and avoid any blame should the game will be killed.

Translation: We dont have resources for full expack, so we gonna continue to give you only small pieces and pretend its what best for you.

Also. 2 months till final story update? Really? I see you really determined to stretch the content as far as you can. And dont let me start on the whole "NO MM for Gods, forget what we said earilier"...

This is bad. Really bad. I guess you really sent whoever you had to work on Anthem...

I cant believe I am saying this but I hope Anthem flops...first Mass Effect and now this. Sacrificing everything for some Destiny clone...they really think they can get away with this...

Hey everyone,

I think for all of us, this Roadmap process we started last year could stand a bit of improvement. Instead of providing information every 90 days or so, it’s taking a lot longer to get you any information about what we’re planning, and honestly, that needs to change. I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days, but I do want you to be comfortable with our direction and where we are headed.

Keith, that is no Roadmap that is a shorttime release schedule. A Roadmap would give a plan for the next two or three years - that what we in our company name a roadmap.

By the way I cannot see my favorite Content - single player questlines, a new great planet to explore, new ideas for the crafting System. Only a stupid OP boss - who cares?

VECTOR IS RETURNING AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!! I am most pleased.

The redesign for conquest sounds good. My guild is just in the middle size that we haven't been able to conquer since the merge, but this sounds like at the very least it will make participation more relevant. New activities is also a bonus.

AND VECTOR. THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT.

I expect nothing, but still I am disappointed..

Let me get this straight.

February we get zero updates.

March 13th we get a 3month delayed Ops Boss.

April maybe the 30th - we get a new traitor flashpoint, that was supposed to have been concluded with the Criss.

So your 90day's Roadmap is only delivering content in two of the three months!

Nevermind the fact that it's a delayed Roadmap in the first place.

EA has not lost its Star Wars licence yet, but you need to step up the game now on all your deliveries, if this game is to survive.

If you needed any more evidence that Anthem has took All SWTOR resources just look at this "Roadmap"

1. Full Master Mode for all bosses; Nope

2. “traditional” expansion: Hell No

3. Reuse of more assets for FP; Yes

4. Not having any idea what we are going to put out after 5.9: Yes Sir

5. More and "Improved" Cartel Market; Hell Yes (Because We Need Money)

Exactly my thought after reading it :(

I expect nothing, but still I am disappointed..

Let me get this straight.

February we get zero updates.

March 13th we get a 3month delayed Ops Boss.

April maybe the 30th - we get a new traitor flashpoint, that was supposed to have been concluded with the Criss.

So your 90day's Roadmap is only delivering content in two of the three months!

Nevermind the fact that it's a delayed Roadmap in the first place.

EA has not lost its Star Wars licence yet, but you need to step up the game now on all your deliveries, if this game is to survive.

what do you expect them to do with 5 people on a dev team

2) 5.9 I guess this new flashpoint will finish the Theron arc and lead into the 6.0 arc?
- good question .. I didnt see connection between Nathema/Valkorion and Theron the Traitor. Nathema is the world what will be hardly expected to travel like you said?

Anyway Roadmap not bad, but we must wait almost HALF YEAR to get next single flashpoint (ekhm - story i mean). For me its pathetic. Plus 6.0 when .. another HALF YEAR november, december?

Thanks for Felix .. my main waited for him thirty five months .... Where others?

• Dev Post
Keith, I understand that you probably can't tell us much about IZAX's special rewards just yet, but I do have two questions I hope you can answer:

1: Will this special reward be time-locked? Your post seemed to imply that we would have to defeat IZAX prior to 5.9 to receive this prize. I was thinking something like the Dread Fortress and Dread Palace special titles that were rewarded during their "Nightmare Power" events in 2014.

2: Will this special prize be offered for both Story Mode and Master Mode?

Good questions

1: Yes, it will be time locked between 5.8 and 5.9. You must defeat Izax on Veteran Mode (we are messaging it as Master due to difficulty) during that time to earn the reward. This is very similar to the Nightmare Power event.

2: Veteran (Master) mode only.

3: Quick explanation on the rewards. Beating Izax during this period will grant you a time locked Achievement, exclusive title, and special reward within your legacy. After 5.9 you can no longer earn that Achievement or Title. The special reward will then become a very rare drop off of Izax which will be a BoP version, instead of Legacy-wide.

-eric

• Dev Post
Do you have any information about pvp Season 9?

Currently it is looking like Season 9 will end sometime in the summer, but that isn't locked currently. As soon as we have more information on and end time + rewards we will let you know.

I saw some other questions as well about PvP content. Currently there is none planned in 5.8 or 5.9 but that doesn't mean it isn't being planned or worked on. As soon as we have any information on new PvP content we will let you know!

-eric

Operations:

• Izax, The Destroyer - The 5th and final boss from the Gods from the Machine Operation. There will be two modes with Izax; Story and Master mode. This also means we will not be offering a full Master Mode for all bosses in the Operation. This was an especially difficult decision for me to make, as I have loved the interaction between developers and our raiding community. Yet, based on what we’re planning for this year and beyond, it’s better to focus on the upcoming group content.
  • However, we are going to run a special Izax event for those who are worthy enough to defeat him. Everyone who does will have an opportunity to receive a new achievement, a special and unique Title, and a new and very enticing Legacy-based reward.
  • Note, we’ll deliver the Title and Reward when we launch Game Update 5.9 – The Nathema Conspiracy.

Quick questions:

Does that mean there will never be an Izax VM? How will the instances work (like do you need to kill 4/5 VM to have access to Izax MM)?

EDIT: Nevermind this first part, looks like it's just dumb wording on their part. I just saw Eric's post.

Also ETA on the augments blog please. Some of us don't want to spend millions augmenting toons (I finally had decided I'd just buy the new augments, good thing I didn't really do it yet) for them to be irrelevant in two months.

Edited by Eloi_BG