Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcement of the timing of the announcement of the announcement of the content we already know of...mostly.

^This.

And it will be posted Friday so they can pretend they can't access the forum over the weekend to address concerns and questions.

All The Best

^This.

And it will be posted Friday so they can pretend they can't access the forum over the weekend to address concerns and questions.

All The Best

I don't get this, "posting it on Friday" arguement. If they don't want to answer any questions from Mon to Fri, they won't. We've been crying for more communication, had a million of questions during the weekdays and it didn't really make much of a difference.

of course, they have to give us the weekend to get all our sudden rage out and cool our heads so we can discuss whatever's in it less emotionally. We're all human after all (I think >.> )

It's typical BioWare, and the oldest PR trick in the book: when you have what you think is bad news, announce it right before the end of the work day on Friday.

Basically it's an admission of knowing without confirming that they know they're in deep poop.

It's typical BioWare, and the oldest PR trick in the book: when you have what you think is bad news, announce it right before the end of the work day on Friday.

Basically it's an admission of knowing without confirming that they know they're in deep poop.

We call that poodoo around here. :p

There is a sort of third season which is "sort of cold, for like a week." Yesterday was 45, today was like 75. This weather makes no sense.

Current roadmap plan, you will see it this week :).

Hopefully it will mention bug fixes and stronghold upgrades! :)

There is a sort of third season which is "sort of cold, for like a week." Yesterday was 45, today was like 75. This weather makes no sense.

Current roadmap plan, you will see it this week :).

-eric

Ill believe it when I actually see it. I agree with everyone, probably 5 minutes to close on Friday.

We were told "roadmap coming soon" in past and now its Feb and still nothing . SWTORs track record of promising us stuff and not following up could probably fill a whole thread on its own.

To be fair, if the announcement is anything short of teasing a full, SoR-style expac that includes new datacron locations, etc....there will be nerd rage for all to see.

To be fair, if the announcement is anything short of teasing a full, SoR-style expac that includes new datacron locations, etc....there will be nerd rage for all to see.

No really because we have pretty much already figured out there will be little to no expansion information anyway.

A release date is just to far off for them to say much. Nothing they can say thats 100% accurate anyway.

The rage wont be so much about an expansion vs the lack of new, worth repeating content for the next 90 days.

I don't expect many to get really excited about a revamp conquest system that is nothing more than wanting you to do old, stale content yet again.

Thats where the rage will be and rightly so.

Edited by Quraswren

But there won't be that because that would be teasing the mythical 6.0 that they claim to have up their sleeves. They already said they won't talk about it until the next roadmap which is May or June if on schedule. At that point last years content should all be completed and it will be a summer event. Meanwhile they will vaguely tease 6.0 for early to late fall.

I'm thinking another DvL with male versions of Ranos and Hexid. :rolleyes: With a full year of finishing last years content maybe just maybe they'll be able to scrape something together.

Or they know they will never please this crowd because they are unpleasable.

I’m shocked that there’s zero information pertaining to PvP Content at all in the roadmap. The Ranked PvP community has been waiting for months to hear information about rewards, tiers, and the season’s end date.

You’re giving PvPers 0 incentive to continue subscribing. In a roadmap in mid 2017 it was even stated that the season 9 ranked rewards would be announced earlier but I don’t consider 6 months after the beginning of the season “earlier” and I doubt anyone else does either.

There’s also no mention of any plans for class balancing as it pertains to PvP or anything to do with PvP in the roadmap at all. Ridiculous.

Eric/Keith,

Thank you for providing us the eagerly anticipated roadmap. Having spent much of my IT career in software development, I know just how much work goes into deciding what to add, remove, and change in any production environment. That being said, there's quite a few QoL issues being brought up that I didn't see mentioned. Have you guys discussed with the team some of the items below, and where that might fit into the 2018 roadmap, or beyond?

1. Account-wide ignore feature going in both directions to help manage/mitigate the toxicity of public chat channels in the absence of in-game moderation. (And along with that, the removal of the cap on the Ignore list.)
  2. Right-click report feature for exploiting/hacking in WZs that captures the necessary server logs to verify cheating occurred so that the player isn't required to basically stop playing in order to submit a ticket or take supporting screenshots that they then submit directly to Eric or Keith.
  3. Stronghold decoration maintenance/updates, to include a hook capacity increase for flagships from 800 to 1000. (This area of the game is sorely in need of attention: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=921318)
  4. Guild interface improvements. (There was a really good suggestion thread on this but I can't find it now.)

Thanks again for the exciting news and your continued commitment to this game we all love.

Edited by Mournblood