Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

Originally Posted by Andryah

Now... one critical comment back to Keith ------> putting out a 90 day roadmap ever 5 months (you now have a pattern of doing exactly this) leaves both gaps in the calendar as well as aggravates players. It also makes the studio look very amateur in the context of how Project Managers actually do and maintain roadmaps for their projects. If you are only going to cover 90 days.. they you need to publish an updated roadmap.... wait for it... EVERY 90 DAYS.

This is not an unreasonable expectation when being told it’s a quarterly roadmap. Although in fairness, they seem to have changed to using seasons instead of quarters. But it seems we only have 2 to 3 seasons in the year now. I guess we could blame that on global warming and climate change. :D

It still doesn’t change the fact that they only go for 90 days...

Just throwing this out there, but I wouldn’t expect the road map to be before the last week of Feb or possibly not even before March. Last year they didn’t release road maps on time, I can’t see any reason that will change.

“Set your expectations low and you can never be disappointed”

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...technically tomorrow is the MIDDLE...we're "mid" now, and will be for about another week.

So pretty much this:

Colonel Sandurz: Try here. Stop.

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: What happened to then?

Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.

Dark Helmet: Go back to then.

Colonel Sandurz: When?

Dark Helmet: Now

Colonel Sandurz: Now?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: I can't.

Dark Helmet: Why?

Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.

Colonel Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

Dark Helmet: How soon?

So pretty much this:

Colonel Sandurz: Try here. Stop.

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: What happened to then?

Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.

Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.

Dark Helmet: Go back to then.

Colonel Sandurz: When?

Dark Helmet: Now

Colonel Sandurz: Now?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: I can't.

Dark Helmet: Why?

Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.

Colonel Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

Dark Helmet: How soon?

:D Lol that was good.

By your own admission, only "some" people have that habit, not the majority of people. You might be overly paranoid about a game.

I was trying to be roundabout and nonspecific. My goal is not to hit ppl over the head or browbeat anyone, and not just because doing that would probably get my post pulled - I don't think that behavior is constructive or helpful in mature company. That said my comment and It's application to those responsible for the subject of this thread are 100% relevant. My question was a sincere if/when, not a complaint or call to arms. I'm 100% aware that there could be things holding up the roadmap that have nothing to do with someone's ability to type and review a 150 word essay and may not be confirmable within the next week or so. If that's the case why not say so sooner than later? If It's not the case give us a date - that should have been easy enough. Why do I have to read this site every day to see if "It's here"? There's at least one thing coming up that may be a game killer for me (and others) and I want the chance to say so.

Edited by Savej

This is not an unreasonable expectation when being told it’s a quarterly roadmap. Although in fairness, they seem to have changed to using seasons instead of quarters. But it seems we only have 2 to 3 seasons in the year now. I guess we could blame that on global warming and climate change. :D

It still doesn’t change the fact that they only go for 90 days...

Just throwing this out there, but I wouldn’t expect the road map to be before the last week of Feb or possibly not even before March. Last year they didn’t release road maps on time, I can’t see any reason that will change.

“Set your expectations low and you can never be disappointed”

To be fair, Austin only has two seasons: Hot and Hotter. :t_biggrin:

• Dev Post
To be fair, Austin only has two seasons: Hot and Hotter. :t_biggrin:

There is a sort of third season which is "sort of cold, for like a week." Yesterday was 45, today was like 75. This weather makes no sense.

Current roadmap plan, you will see it this week :).

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Friday 5 minutes before closing time it is...:rak_03:

Was there ever a doubt it'd be a Friday? By anyone who's been around here for more than a week? 16:55 CST 02/16/2018 is also my bet.

Edited by Keta

There is a sort of third season which is "sort of cold, for like a week." Yesterday was 45, today was like 75. This weather makes no sense.

Current roadmap plan, you will see it this week :).

-eric

Heh, do your bosses threaten to send you to BW Edmonton offices if you've been bad?

Yesterday: +4 C (39 F) with freezing rain

This morning: -14 C (7 F) and blizzard

Now: same temp, bright and sunny

of course, they have to give us the weekend to get all our sudden rage out and cool our heads so we can discuss whatever's in it less emotionally. We're all human after all (I think >.> )

speak for yourself. Its not my damn planet monkey boy!!

extra points for anyone that knows what movie thats from.