Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SHARETHELOVE Question

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PorsaLindahl
02.13.2018 , 09:25 PM | #1
Need a little clarification.

I have a friend that has an inactive (Preferred) account. If I were to send him my RAF + let him know about the STL promo so he can get the free 30 days, what order will he have to do things?

1) Subscribe > RAF > STL code
2) RAF > STL code > Subscribe

Or something different?

Edit:
Also need clarification on subscription dates. Do we have to be subscribed from Feb 13 - 27, by Feb 27, any time in Feb 2018, or any specific date, to be eligible for the speeder and armor set?

SaerethDL
02.13.2018 , 09:29 PM | #2
Probably just sub and then use the SHARETHELOVE code.. as long as he has been inactive for 90 days.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing.You will forever stand alone."
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE

PorsaLindahl
02.14.2018 , 04:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
Probably just sub and then use the SHARETHELOVE code.. as long as he has been inactive for 90 days.
I'm hoping for some "Official" clarification.

OwenBrooks
02.14.2018 , 04:46 AM | #4
The RAF rewards are independent of the share the love code

if you want to use the RAF get them to subscribe through the RAF and then apply the sharethelove code by 27 Feb 18

as to the speeder and armor , subscriber status on 27 Feb applies as well

The account actually doesn't need to be inactive (not used) they just need to not have subscribed in the last 90 days.

PorsaLindahl
02.14.2018 , 04:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The RAF rewards are independent of the share the love code

if you want to use the RAF get them to subscribe through the RAF and then apply the sharethelove code by 27 Feb 18

as to the speeder and armor , subscriber status on 27 Feb applies as well

The account actually doesn't need to be inactive (not used) they just need to not have subscribed in the last 90 days.
Thanks Owen.

I use the term "inactive" in the sense that he's not a subscriber. Not that the account has been disabled.

OwenBrooks
02.14.2018 , 05:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Thanks Owen.

I use the term "inactive" in the sense that he's not a subscriber. Not that the account has been disabled.
Welcome, hopefully this clarified most questions people may have on this.

Eksenia
02.17.2018 , 08:09 AM | #7
I resubbed on feb 15 and today I used the SWTORSHARETHEOVE code. Does that mean I get 30 free days additionally and will be billed the next time on apr 15th?
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

PorsaLindahl
02.17.2018 , 09:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eksenia View Post
I resubbed on feb 15 and today I used the SWTORSHARETHEOVE code. Does that mean I get 30 free days additionally and will be billed the next time on apr 15th?
As long as your account was NOT subbed between Nov 15, 2017 and Feb 13, 2018, then yes. It should show after Mar 1, 2018 in your account > subscription information.

Eksenia
02.17.2018 , 11:01 AM | #9
Thanks a ton!
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

Enroc
02.17.2018 , 02:14 PM | #10
Correct me if I am wrong but people that are subscribers right now and still will be until at least March 5 will not receive anything from the "SHARETHELOVE" code not the speeder and not the armor set because of the following section in the terms:

"THE "SWTOSHARETHELOVE" CODE IS A UNIQUE/ONE-TIME USE ONLY CODE; THIS CODE CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE ON A "NEW", OR "INACTIVE FORMER" SUBSCRIBER ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR 90-DAYS OR MORE PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 13, 2018; THIS REWARD CANNOT BE USED WITH OTHER PROMOTIONAL OFFERS AND EXPIRES ON FEBRUARY 27, 2018."

So it seems this code will only benefit new accounts or inactive 90+ inactive former subscriber accounts. The code will not work for anyone who is subscriber now or has been subscriber less than 90 days prior to February 13, 2018

Because of these terms and since my subscription will expire in 2 days and I will not benefit at all from this code even if I renew my subscription I most likely will let my subscription expire and not renew since Bioware does not seem to reward current subscribers with extra's there is no incentive to renew my subscription since I never even got a working shareable reward link.

I want the 3x armor set but I know I am not getting a working link for it. So I am not going to renew my subscription since I am not getting any of the extra reward.

The current rewards for being a subscriber is not enough for me.

Most of the rewards I get from buying the crates with cartel coins are cheap.