Maintenance: 13 February 2018

EricMusco

While the phone app might be good for some it isn't something for everyone. If they don't want people playing they can say so and very interesting they take the money for the sub and then do this.

The last time I took the security key off my account, my account was hacked and yet you want me to do that again. No thank you.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure its just something they overlooked with the physical fobs. They will get on top of it eventually. Hopefully it wont take a new patch. They had issues with the log ins last week after the patch as well, possibly the same issues. Just waiting on them fixing the issues as I have no plans to get rid of my fob and I'm sure they don't intend to just stop them functioning without any warning at all.

Apparently you can't set up a new Mobile Security App right now anyway. I removed my CE Key and went to add the mobile authenticator... and where it should be giving a "Serial Number" to plug into the phone app... it's blank. So... good job, Bioware. Good job. Of all the things to cluster-fork, you'd think login security would be OFF THE LIST.

Can't login also.

Germany, 8-digit physical Token. Well, that' I'd call really "secure". Won't remove it unless it's explicitly sure that I can re-add it again.

Come on EA, get your things sorted, I wanna play.

Update: Re-launched the launcher and tried again to log in, now it works. :confused:

Edited by Kheeleb

Confirming the problem.

Can't logg in either.

Checked with Guildies that have been able to logg in just fine.

I also use the physical CE key, and i certainly Don't want to uninstall that !

I both want the security it priveds and the 100 CC !

I realy hope this gets fixed very quick !

I both want to play and my guild is asking for one of it's healers !

Fix quick, Please !

*Update

I tried using the launcher direct from the SWTOR Folder instead of the one pinned to the start menue.

And it works.

Edited by Keaper
*Update

Can't login also.

Germany, 8-digit physical Token. Well, that' I'd call really "secure". Won't remove it unless it's explicitly sure that I can re-add it again.

Come on EA, get your things sorted, I wanna play.

Update: Re-launched the launcher and tried again to log in, now it works. :confused:

I tried it again ...and I could logg in.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

:)

Apparently you can't set up a new Mobile Security App right now anyway. I removed my CE Key and went to add the mobile authenticator... and where it should be giving a "Serial Number" to plug into the phone app... it's blank. So... good job, Bioware. Good job. Of all the things to cluster-fork, you'd think login security would be OFF THE LIST.

tried it too with Winauth and had the same prob, but after i saw that it worked again for some i re-added my old and i can login again.

But now 2 side questions for the devs.1. Why an official moblie app u cant even download here on the homepaige? 2. Why not just a program for PC?

So now that we can log in, there still seems to be an issue with setting up a new device.

When trying to setup a new mobile, the section for "Enter this serial number into your mobile security key app:" is BLANK.

Copied the whole section into note pad, and nothing

Edited by RunsWithScisors

So now that we can log in, there still seems to be an issue with setting up a new device.

When trying to setup a new mobile, the section for "Enter this serial number into your mobile security key app:" is BLANK.

Yesterday i had a phone call with the german service.

They said to me that there are a handfull problems with this code.

If you have this issue, call the service of your land and they will fix it together with you ;)

Greetz

Markus

Yes there is an issue, CS is awareand working on it.

Yesterday i had a phone call with the german service.

They said to me that there are a handfull problems with this code.

If you have this issue, call the service of your land and they will fix it together with you ;)

Greetz

Markus

Yeah.. no. Last time I tried to call them, was on hold for just over 2 hours, then hung up on without talking to a single live person. So not just no, but a resounding Hell No.

It still doesn't work for me. It won't finish initializing. Eventually, in the bottom left corner of the launcher, it will say "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." How do I fix this??? I really want to play the game. I bought a 90 day subscription and 2,400 cartel coins bundle and I don't want the subscription to go to waste. If it goes to waste, I'll be REALLY mad. Edited by DJPMcG

The login issue should now be resolved. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So this is two times recently where this has happened.

Are we, as players, to expect each new maintenance cycle to come with the inability to log-in until the team goes back and puts the same band-aid back on the boo-boo?

Or did somebody put a sticky on the front of the servers this time to remind them to reconnect everything next time? :p

So this is two times recently where this has happened.

Are we, as players, to expect each new maintenance cycle to come with the inability to log-in until the team goes back and puts the same band-aid back on the boo-boo?

Or did somebody put a sticky on the front of the servers this time to remind them to reconnect everything next time? :p

Want to bet credits on that this is probably the issue??? LOL

• Dev Post

This should now be addressed as well! Thanks everyone.

-eric