Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More Star Wars Legends Characters will be canonized

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
More Star Wars Legends Characters will be canonized

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
02.11.2018 , 10:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Maybe, maybe. Not. Only thing you really need to change is never allow him to find hos Jedi roots and he's just a force sensitive pilot who never knows it.
I enjoy Corran Horn's character myself, but doing this would kind of break the character many of us have grown fond of so much.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
02.11.2018 , 03:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I enjoy Corran Horn's character myself, but doing this would kind of break the character many of us have grown fond of so much.
Sure later on in say I Jedi. But in the early Rogue squadron books, Corran literally has zero clue he can use the force. Not till the Rogues help take Courscant that Corran finds out.

Hell not till I Jedi he really becomes the Jedi we know so well.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Darka's Avatar


Darka
02.11.2018 , 06:19 PM | #13
This was one of the things I was sure Disney would eventually look at doing, albeit even if they had the character in all but name and potentially time line,
Would be excellent to see a lot of fan faves appear, even if lightly reworked to fit the new time line
Thrawns return was excellent and hoping a lot of Zahns other characters make a return!
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM
Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
@Darkatron - Accept no imitations
@DefenderProgram for Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Rebamcfan's Avatar


Rebamcfan
02.11.2018 , 10:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
This was one of the things I was sure Disney would eventually look at doing, albeit even if they had the character in all but name and potentially time line,
Would be excellent to see a lot of fan faves appear, even if lightly reworked to fit the new time line
Thrawns return was excellent and hoping a lot of Zahns other characters make a return!
I think Pellaeon could very well appear, even if his role by Thrawn's side has sort of been taken by Eli Vanto in Canon. Considering that he is an Imperial offcer, I could see him working under some Admiral or maybe someone else.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

JediAkemi's Avatar


JediAkemi
02.12.2018 , 10:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebamcfan View Post
I think Pellaeon could very well appear, even if his role by Thrawn's side has sort of been taken by Eli Vanto in Canon. Considering that he is an Imperial offcer, I could see him working under some Admiral or maybe someone else.
Well, as Thrawn didn't originally choose Pellaeon until much later, I'd say there's still room for him to appear in the new canon.
Spoiler

Rebamcfan's Avatar


Rebamcfan
02.12.2018 , 01:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
Well, as Thrawn didn't originally choose Pellaeon until much later, I'd say there's still room for him to appear in the new canon.
Spoiler
As I said, it is indeed possible.
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
02.12.2018 , 03:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebamcfan View Post
As I said, it is indeed possible.
Spoiler
Easy, just bring in Grand Admiral Zaarin(brains behind the TIE Advanced[TIE Avenger] and TIE/D) and have Pelleon be under him. Unless that's been done.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DeadDogBarking's Avatar


DeadDogBarking
02.13.2018 , 02:20 AM | #18
I think folks see this to literally.
Being canonized does not mean it did or did not exist. I think most fans will see that there are different styles and levels of depth. I also have a feeling Disney would be really stupid to not re-print the original books if the franchise does not die out over time.
Comic books have had to deal with different universes for some time. I think it is a sign of a mature sci-fi universe with critical thinkers instead of true believers as fans.
Class change and balance is a never ending family feud.
Every sibling demands individualized treatment and gifts, but then they always complain and compare it to what their brothers and sisters received.