Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

LamiaKan
02.08.2018 , 08:13 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Whether or not you guys like Arcann or want to romance him or think other people shouldn't like him or want to romance him is irrelevant. The time and resources it will take to make what will in all likelihood be a 3 minute cutscene like the return of Corso, Risha, and Andronikos and a subsequent email which will be put into the game who knows when will not be anywhere near enough to make a flashpoint or operation or whatever you guys think you'll get if it's not included. The people who want to romance Arcann with just not get that romance and you'll get...nothing. I mean I guess you'll get the petty satisfaction of denying someone else something because you don't like it but you sure aren't getting anything in exchange.
^This. Also just because a writer was enthusiastic about the romance doesn't mean it will get more resources because writers aren't the one calling shots.

Estelindis
02.08.2018 , 08:46 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Obsidian_Stone View Post
So...I don't care about Arcann either way...but I would like real content.
What makes content "real" or not? I appreciate if you want different content, but I don't think personal preference makes something real or unreal.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Obsidian_Stone
02.08.2018 , 09:03 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
What makes content "real" or not? I appreciate if you want different content, but I don't think personal preference makes something real or unreal.
Fair point. Romances are indeed content that a great many people enjoy immensely. My chosen word use was not meant to discredit or invalidate one form of content. Just talking.
http://www.swtor.com/r/jQnBY3 - Because I like shinies.

Estelindis
02.08.2018 , 09:42 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Obsidian_Stone View Post
Fair point. Romances are indeed content that a great many people enjoy immensely. My chosen word use was not meant to discredit or invalidate one form of content. Just talking.
Thanks, that's kindly said. Terminology aside, your request for the stuff you want instead of the stuff you don't is entirely reasonable.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Obsidian_Stone
02.08.2018 , 10:19 PM | #125
Thanks, that's kindly said. Terminology aside, your request for the stuff you want instead of the stuff you don't is entirely reasonable.
In all honesty it's not that I don't want LI or character interaction. I want more of all of it. Despite coming and going from SWTOR over the years, I still like the game and would love expanding it further and further.

LordFell
02.08.2018 , 11:33 PM | #126
I think that we can all agree, whether you like Companions, or Romances or not... a 2 minute conversation with Andronikos/Corso/Risha isn't real content regardless of what sorts of things you want to see in game.

Obsidian_Stone
02.09.2018 , 12:23 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post
I think that we can all agree, whether you like Companions, or Romances or not... a 2 minute conversation with Andronikos/Corso/Risha isn't real content regardless of what sorts of things you want to see in game.
Indeed we can agree. Quantity and quality please.

Paulsutherland
02.09.2018 , 12:38 AM | #128
Agreed. I suppose more could come for these three over time? But, well, I don't know.

Elessara
02.09.2018 , 06:19 AM | #129
The only thing that would make that content not-real is if it were imaginary. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it. If I had, the reunion would have been much better.

It was "real" content. It just wasn't much or satisfying. The Arcann romance will be "real" content.

xordevoreaux
02.09.2018 , 11:27 AM | #130
I agree. For example, my personal preference is not to have a romance taken all the way with Gus Tuno.
That said, there may be those who would.

Some would prefer there be 1000 new PVP maps come out next week.
I don't. I'd rather see more strongholds, better love spent on guild management, and more class stories.

All about preferences. Preferences are neither valid nor invalid. They just are.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).