Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class specific companion missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Class specific companion missions

Eanelinea
01.31.2018 , 03:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tieru View Post
I disagree. Class specific companions is exactly the right move for the rest of the companions. Number of companions doesn't matter in my opinion.

There are certain companions who would under no circumstances join certain players. Scourge only really cared about the Emperor's death, and thus his ties to the Jedi Knight were really the only plausible relation. Khem Val will never join anyone but the Sith Inquisitor. Jaessa would never join the Jedi. Andronicus hates the Republic, so trooper and most republic classes are out. Kira would be extremely condescending to the Consular, and is the primary companion of the Jedi Knight. She would never join a Sith class. It goes on.

I applaud the changes made in returning to separate class story arcs. The whole "Alliance" thing was kinda outlived.
Eh, I thought this too until Jorgan joined every swinging dick out there. He HATES the Empire, and yet Imperial classes get him as a companion (unless they kill or exile him). But he chose to stick around.

So some companions won't care and others will.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

DragonArt
02.09.2018 , 05:43 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Having all the companions isn't a bad thing.

I even think they should have likely left all the non LI ones out of the main story and used just the LI ones and continue to use those ones.

Lana, Theron, Koth, and then 19 other companions is more than enough to have running around for story purposes
Some of the best companions are not LIs though. Gault is an absolute hoot, as is Blizz. Scourge is awaited by many.. it would be sad to have him just fade into nothing. I also adore Pierce.. Has always annoyed me that LIs for female toons have never included a single masculine companion. Iresso and Andronikus come closest in personaility, but neither are even close to Scourge or Pierce. :P It's like the devs have no clue that women actually like strong men. Instead they make them in their own self deluded images.

Xilizhra
02.10.2018 , 07:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonArt View Post
Some of the best companions are not LIs though. Gault is an absolute hoot, as is Blizz. Scourge is awaited by many.. it would be sad to have him just fade into nothing. I also adore Pierce.. Has always annoyed me that LIs for female toons have never included a single masculine companion. Iresso and Andronikus come closest in personaility, but neither are even close to Scourge or Pierce. :P It's like the devs have no clue that women actually like strong men. Instead they make them in their own self deluded images.
Now, I may not get this because I'm lesbian, but by "strong," do you mean "kind of sociopathic?" Because Pierce and Scourge definitely seem to be Not Nice People.