Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nahut for Knuckleheads

Screaming_Ziva
01.24.2018 , 11:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdrsenorpeanut View Post
Hey there everyone, I noticed earlier, both in-game and around the subreddit and forums, that a lot of the more casual players here still have got NO idea what the heck is going on during the Nahut fight. There's really only one in-depth guide out there, and for some people who don't care so much for reading walls of text, I figured I will dumb it down to the basics!
I'm sure most people don't know what to do for Nahut because they can't get past Aivela and Esne. I've only beaten Aivela and Esne twice and both of those times were with guild groups. PUGs just can't finish them.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

viernedeuxieme
01.25.2018 , 09:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I'm sure most people don't know what to do for Nahut because they can't get past Aivela and Esne. I've only beaten Aivela and Esne twice and both of those times were with guild groups. PUGs just can't finish them.
I think I've cleared the full op 3 times with PUGs since the update. The third time was probably exemplar of a PUG since the others had advertised for players with Nahut clears, but this time about half the raid had never cleared Nahut before. It probably took 6 pulls but everyone wanted to see the new boss and stuck around. We even had a rather less than ideal composition of 4 commandos, 2 guardians, 1 slinger, and 1 shadow (me tanking).

Apparently the main issue after getting mechanics down was falling off.

mrdrsenorpeanut
01.30.2018 , 07:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Yes, that is quite possible
Satele Shan:
Vice
Star Forge:
Your Companion

mrdrsenorpeanut
02.08.2018 , 01:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by viernedeuxieme View Post
I think I've cleared the full op 3 times with PUGs since the update. The third time was probably exemplar of a PUG since the others had advertised for players with Nahut clears, but this time about half the raid had never cleared Nahut before. It probably took 6 pulls but everyone wanted to see the new boss and stuck around. We even had a rather less than ideal composition of 4 commandos, 2 guardians, 1 slinger, and 1 shadow (me tanking).

Apparently the main issue after getting mechanics down was falling off.
It is definitely advisable to move slowly, as there's no real reason to freak out as long as you're moving at all. The damage from the lightning is very easy to heal through as long as you don't stay for too long. Typically when my group runs it, the DPS are moving faster than the tank, and the tank will just steadily progress around the platform. If falling is a serious problem for any group, I'd strongly recommend taking your time and keeping the DPS moving. You're not likely to enrage so if there's a DPS loss when DPS stop and carefully cross the bridges because they're having a hard time not falling off, it's fine. Overall, the only way you could potentially wipe is really just the beginning with the blue AOE's and the pins & nails, assuming you're unfamiliar with them.
Satele Shan:
Vice
Star Forge:
Your Companion