Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback on Umbara 242 gear rating restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Feedback on Umbara 242 gear rating restriction

Pietrastor
01.29.2018 , 04:52 PM | #21
Agree and I strongly suggest adding Lost Island and Blood Hunt to this 242 bracket too.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Yezzan
01.30.2018 , 05:03 AM | #22
They should add the gear rating restriction to every Master Mode group content, except if you are already in a fully formed group.

I don't like Umbara and Copera, so i'll de-gear for those.

merovejec
01.30.2018 , 05:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
They should add the gear rating restriction to every Master Mode group content, except if you are already in a fully formed group.

I don't like Umbara and Copera, so i'll de-gear for those.
That would be a bit overdone as you have to consider you have bolster in Master mode FPS. There have been several videos of people going in naked and still beating for example Blood Hunt Master mode. So for the old level 50 FPS there really shouldn't be a gear requirement.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Yezzan
01.30.2018 , 05:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
That would be a bit overdone as you have to consider you have bolster in Master mode FPS. There have been several videos of people going in naked and still beating for example Blood Hunt Master mode. So for the old level 50 FPS there really shouldn't be a gear requirement.
And if the player-base was representative of the people in that video, there would be no need for a gear rating restriction, now would there?

I would wager that 100% of PUGs that do not have experienced players fail Blood Hunt Master Mode. The gear rating is not an indication of Skill but it suggests that, if you are not a dimwit, you can, with instructions, pull your weight in the specific content.

The gear, also, allows for you to be under-skilled without being too much of a liability to your team. Unless you are spamming basic attacks, you will contribute enough DPS to meet the DPS check

Kissakias
02.07.2018 , 04:50 PM | #25
i dont know where u getting those ppl that stay and doing those umbara and chiss FPs in master mode
i just enter in one, and the tank and the dps left after we enter.
yes the lag in umbara is making a bit the fp harder but...
many ppl leave even after 1 wipe
seriously where do u find those ppl?
only umbara and chiss mmfps left for me and the rishi bonus,
im queing for weeks and most of the times that happend,
seriously looking ppl for those to run them and done all their achives in malgus server rep side.
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--60665--achievement points--

merovejec
02.08.2018 , 06:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
i dont know where u getting those ppl that stay and doing those umbara and chiss FPs in master mode
i just enter in one, and the tank and the dps left after we enter.
yes the lag in umbara is making a bit the fp harder but...
many ppl leave even after 1 wipe
seriously where do u find those ppl?
only umbara and chiss mmfps left for me and the rishi bonus,
im queing for weeks and most of the times that happend,
seriously looking ppl for those to run them and done all their achives in malgus server rep side.
Unfortunately that is typical behavior of most ppl. The game has many new players and since its become so easy those players dont learn how to play and as soon as they face harder content they just leave. Umbara was one of those FPS where I managed to do around 10 runs with a pug, but rest (for the 25 achievement) I had to do with guildies.

Copero is much easier in this way, even the bonus boss.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140