Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Wha Wha WHAAAAT!?!?!


McBaal's Avatar


McBaal
02.07.2018 , 10:20 AM | #11
D&D aren't the best writers, the best seasons of GoT use the original material from GRR Martins books. But what they have proven to be capable of:

1) Love for detail and willingness to deliver some fanservice.
2) Letting beloved characters go down in style.
3) They know how to produce and direct long term projects, so we can expect more continuity than we got in the past.
4) They know how important pay off moments are for fans.
5) They know how to talk and work with people who know some s.hit better than they do. They could have done all the big battle episodes in GoT on their own, just to say afterwards: "We did it first on TV!". But instead D&D have let someone else direct these episodes and the payoff was worth it!
6) They know all about a good cliffhanger
7) They have an eye for talented young actors.

Trash the RJ trilogy in the nearest junkbox where it belongs, it will fail after this TLJ debacle. And i expect Solo to fail too. So maybe J.J + D&D may just save Star Wars before it is too late. Though i don't have much hope for episode 9 since this *please put in a looooong row of curses* RJ already burnt down everythin JJ started in TFA. Nothing left to work with. Damn i hate this crappy movie so much

chrcampbell's Avatar


chrcampbell
02.07.2018 , 01:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Milishor View Post
SPACE KHAL DROGO!
Well, I guess Ronon Dex from Stargate Atlantis is made for you....

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
02.07.2018 , 02:08 PM | #13
Well this could be interesting. Atleast they have a lot of attention to details and are quite good with story and character arcs. Could really be something.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Rebamcfan's Avatar


Rebamcfan
02.08.2018 , 12:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by McBaal View Post
D&D aren't the best writers, the best seasons of GoT use the original material from GRR Martins books. But what they have proven to be capable of:

1) Love for detail and willingness to deliver some fanservice.
2) Letting beloved characters go down in style.
3) They know how to produce and direct long term projects, so we can expect more continuity than we got in the past.
4) They know how important pay off moments are for fans.
5) They know how to talk and work with people who know some s.hit better than they do. They could have done all the big battle episodes in GoT on their own, just to say afterwards: "We did it first on TV!". But instead D&D have let someone else direct these episodes and the payoff was worth it!
6) They know all about a good cliffhanger
7) They have an eye for talented young actors.
I agree with this. As a person who has read Martin's books, GoT's finest moments were in first 4 seasons when they still used the books as their sources, then dumbing them out for the most part and starting to make things into their own way (see Dorne, Barristan and many other places). Now, I've really liked the last few seasons, but what I would've really loved to see was the continuing of adaption of Martin's books into screen, since they have truly talented actors there to breathe life into many characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

BlazeTomahawk's Avatar


BlazeTomahawk
02.12.2018 , 03:42 PM | #15
They did a great job adapting the Martin books to the small screen, so I have every hope that they would be faithful to the source material, and not do GOT is SPACEEEEeeee

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
02.12.2018 , 06:28 PM | #16
Meh.

Read George RR Martin's books and than watch the series. Nearly everything good about the series was written by Martin (including dialogue) and nearly everything that wasn't good about the series, was a D&D deviation. There are some exceptions of course but that is generally the case. The best season by far of Game of Thrones was the first one, and it was because it was the most faithful to the source material.

I hope they do well with Star Wars but simply being associated with the Game of Thrones television series isn't enough to get me hyped. Most of the good parts of the GoT script originated with Martin.

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
02.12.2018 , 08:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Meh.

Read George RR Martin's books and than watch the series. Nearly everything good about the series was written by Martin (including dialogue) and nearly everything that wasn't good about the series, was a D&D deviation. There are some exceptions of course but that is generally the case. The best season by far of Game of Thrones was the first one, and it was because it was the most faithful to the source material.

I hope they do well with Star Wars but simply being associated with the Game of Thrones television series isn't enough to get me hyped. Most of the good parts of the GoT script originated with Martin.
The important thing is that they know the material and how to adapt it to the medium and the audience. I think they definitely have earned the opportunity.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Milishor's Avatar


Milishor
02.18.2018 , 06:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by chrcampbell View Post
Well, I guess Ronon Dex from Stargate Atlantis is made for you....
mmm...would deff hit that lol
♡❤♡Arcann♡❤♡

cool-dude's Avatar


cool-dude
02.22.2018 , 11:16 PM | #19
Wouldn't mind a Star Wars horror film series centered around Rakghouls.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
02.28.2018 , 06:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
I seem to be one of the few people who can't stand Game of Thrones so I'm not holding my breath.
Welcome to the club. I just can't see it anymore, either.

I currently went from reading the Beowulf ( Tolkien / LOTRS -> Beowulf ) into Ancient Egypt Literature.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.