Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Players: Get Rocket Boost!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
New Players: Get Rocket Boost!!

NSevven
02.07.2018 , 06:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Rocket Boost gives you +110%, not +120%.
Corrected, thank you. Brain fart on my part.

Quote:
[There's no such thing as a "level 3 mount". Your speed on a mount - any and every mount you have - is based on your Speeder Piloting skill, not the mount you're using*]
And that would have confused who?? Oh well, modified it ... 'cause I'm as anal as you

Quote:
* Seems there's always an exception. In this case it's the Kurtob Alliance speeder, which gives you at least +110%, regardless of the level of your Speeder Piloting skill.
Yes, I love my Kurtob!!
Has anyone checked to ensure the Kurtob does indeed get the rank 4/5 benefits? I wouldn't put it past BW to screw this up.
Aka DocDAM, aka DocDIM
My Refer a Friend link here (DocDAM). [Rules and Rewards]

Adric_the_Red
02.07.2018 , 08:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NSevven View Post
Has anyone checked to ensure the Kurtob does indeed get the rank 4/5 benefits? I wouldn't put it past BW to screw this up.
I haven't done anything like careful testing, but I haven't noticed that I go any slower on the Kurtob with Piloting 5 than with any other speeders. But now I have to go see if I can figure out a reasonable test for it, just to make sure.

UPDATE:
Did some checking, and the Kurtob does indeed appear to work as advertised. Faster than "ordinary" speeders at lower Piloting ranks (1 or 2), and as fast as the others at the higher ranks (3+).
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Eoinol
02.11.2018 , 03:24 PM | #13
I agree, rocket boost is a no brainer.

The amount of time saved is well worth it.

Also, I'd recommend the Legacy Unlock, Travel, piloting at level 1, if you intend to make more than a few toons. It's 40,000 credits, ( per character, Thank you Adric_the_Red for pointing that out), but again, well worth it, for the time saved. :-)
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.

Adric_the_Red
02.15.2018 , 09:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Eoinol View Post
Also, I'd recommend the Legacy Unlock, Travel, piloting at level 1, if you intend to make more than a few toons. It's 40,000 credits, but again, well worth it, for the time saved. :-)
That unlock is a character unlock, not an account unlock. It is "Only available to the current character when unocked." So it's 40000 credits per character you want to use it on, not spend 40000 credits once and every character gets it.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Eoinol
02.16.2018 , 10:15 AM | #15
Thanks Adric_the_Red, I forgot to mention that, I edit my post, giving you credit for the catch ;-)
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.