Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gigabolt
02.07.2018 , 10:29 AM | #21
The silence speaks volumes, you can see the future of the game just looking at number of servers.
Its a shame as the game has so many fun elements. Hopefully it will keep going another couple years.

Costello
02.07.2018 , 10:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gigabolt View Post
The silence speaks volumes, you can see the future of the game just looking at number of servers.
Its a shame as the game has so many fun elements. Hopefully it will keep going another couple years.
Totally.

What seems amazing is the mismanagement of the situation. In one of the many meetings someone has decided to ignore the player base (customers) with the desired result to drive players away; where the lack of content and lack of communication can only lead to the conclusion its pretty much over.

If its not over then there will be few people left around to notice because the way it has been handled they will have gone elsewhere. First Keith comes in and promises better communication, then he devotes a section of the Autumn Roadmap to better communication and then they neglect the game and the community. At this point there is a lack of credibility and a lack of action which seems an odd way to run things but it seems fortunate that their plan seems to be to ignore everything till they get a move to Anthem.

EricMusco
02.07.2018 , 11:04 AM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I can confirm that no buckets have been kicked for myself, or the team .

The team is working on getting our production plan locked down, getting the roadmap finalized (based on that locked roadmap), and preparing for 5.8. As some others have said, we try not to scoop details from the roadmap too much, so it means we will be a little on the quiet side until that goes out the door.

Fear not, I am still reading the forums every day. Keith and Charles tend to be in planning meetings a lot through Jan and Feb so you will usually see less of them around this time. I know Keith still does his best to respond to PMs and the like though!

TLDR - We're alive, working on getting that roadmap action to you as soon as we can!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Gigabolt
02.07.2018 , 11:11 AM | #24
Thank you for replying, it helps alleviate some of the anxiety created about the games future.
I hope behind the scenes there is something decent in store.

And I also hope you will put unstable peacemaker dualsaber direct for sale some day soon

TUXs
02.07.2018 , 11:13 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

The team is working on getting our production plan locked down, getting the roadmap finalized (based on that locked roadmap), and preparing for 5.8. As some others have said, we try not to scoop details from the roadmap too much, so it means we will be a little on the quiet side until that goes out the door.

Fear not, I am still reading the forums every day. Keith and Charles tend to be in planning meetings a lot through Jan and Feb so you will usually see less of them around this time. I know Keith still does his best to respond to PMs and the like though!

TLDR - We're alive, working on getting that roadmap action to you as soon as we can!

-eric
Would it really kill you guys to make a post a day? It's been 8 days since your last post. Signs of life are a good thing Eric, even if you have nothing new to report or say...knowing you guys are still here can make a difference.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Monumenta
02.07.2018 , 11:14 AM | #26

-eric
Idk man, you all may have faded away without anyone noticing, I suggest walking around the office and checking the other 3 guys for a pulse just to be sure.

Costello
02.07.2018 , 11:16 AM | #27

I know Keith still does his best to respond to PMs and the like though!
-eric
Should people post their forums discussions to Keith via PM rather than post them?

It seems a very narrow method of communicating with the player base if he does it one at a time rather than on the open forum where everyone can see what is being discussed as opposed to just one person.

Things don't seem very hopeful in game or on the forums at the moment, with a lot of weight put on the article saying the future development of the game is up in the air or that the Winter Roadmap was cancelled without a word and just moved on to the Spring Roadmap. It seems a very odd to then focus solely on responding to PM's and not get some good news about what content is coming in February or some detail of the future on the forums for all to read.

Paulsutherland
02.07.2018 , 11:19 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Should people post their forums discussions to Keith via PM rather than post them?
^^^

Wouldn't dumping ideas into the 'suggestion box' be better than us flooding Keith's pm box with stuff we want?

Quraswren
02.07.2018 , 11:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Would it really kill you guys to make a post a day? It's been 8 days since your last post. Signs of life are a good thing Eric, even if you have nothing new to report or say...knowing you guys are still here can make a difference.
I think there are enough topics bioware could chime in on at least once a day. Even once every other day would be monumentally better than the communication we get now.

I find it hard to believe a community manager is so busy he cannot interact with the community anymore than what we get.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

scardera
02.07.2018 , 11:28 AM | #30
yep they gave up a long time ago they dont even try anymore