Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?

DarthSealth

I mean they’ve been very quiet recently.

I want some gossip;

Will 6.0 be an actual EXP or not?

Will there be a lvl increase or a gear increase?

The waiting game doesn’t work when we haven’t even got anything to sink our teeth into and to get our hopes up I mean you owe us that atleast after all this time.

Heck I’d rather a KOTFE and KOTET over no content.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next road map is due in roughly a week, give or take a bit. It's contents may answer some of your questions but it likely won't answer anything about the next major (content) patch, 6.0

I don't need details, but some info would be nice about 6.0. I don't think I'm the only one who wants to know about 6.0.

I don't need details, but some info would be nice about 6.0. I don't think I'm the only one who wants to know about 6.0.

They arent really great with communicating ahead, never have been. At this point though it seems more deterimental then helpful.. people might actually stick around if they knew there was something to look forward to.

Edited by Suzsi

I get the feeling they have given up at this point. There is the most basic level of communication and if personal E-mail's are responded to then it shows a lack of understanding as rather than communicate with the community and show the players they are still active to all intense and purpose it seems like they have gone missing.

As for the roadmap at this point it must be a 20 page document, should it be due next week and given the previous need to get it signed off if its still being worked on next week seems highly unlikely. Though it will be interesting to see if they will build on the claim from the last roadmap.

Over the past few months we have worked to increase communication and transparency.

Cause given they forgot to mention the Winter Roadmap had been cancelled and there has been almost no engagement on the forums, such a claim of transparency may be a little much.

i do think the time of Keith and the Devs interacting with us more often is pretty much over. I guess it was a bad experience.

No offense, but look at us: we fight,accuse each other of rudeness, kiss and make up.. just like in kindergarten . If you were a developer, you would have ran from forum as fast as you could too..This forum is a madhouse, one with insufficient orderlies.I'm not a big fan of E.M. or K.K. but honestly i understand why they chose not to communicate with us.

BTW, i owe you an apology for last evening.

Edited by notanjelika

No offense, but look at us: we fight,accuse each other of rudeness, kiss and make up.. just like in kindergarten . If you were a developer, you would have ran from forum as fast as you could too..This forum is a madhouse, one with insufficient orderlies.I'm not a big fan of E.M. or K.K. but honestly i understand why they chose not to communicate with us.

No need to apologize, I understand that the things on the forums go the way they do. Your view on Arcann isn't wrong, I just thought the time and place was. :)

No hard feelings!✌

Edited by Eshvara

The reason the forums are in the state they are is because the game is in the state it is and there is a lack of anything coming from the development team.

You can't neglect the players as they have been, and then say the reason your neglecting them is because they are clearly unhappy with the level of communication and are taking the frustration out on the forums. Their strategy appears to be one of indifference to their customers, hoping that if you ignore them long enough then they will go play other games. Which in a way is working, people are leaving but for those that remain it seems strange thing to do and does not bode well for the future of the game. Which I guess does have what appears to be their desired effect to get more people to quit.

But this does seem a bad way to treat your loyal customers that are holding out that things will improve as they are the ones most let down by the way the game and community are being ignored.

Funny....you would think a proper dev team and Community Manager work includes communicating with their customers/playerbase. Doing your job professionaly includes dealing with unhappy customers. Its not some charity work. Reasons like "they dont talk because forum state lala" are simply not serious in my eyes.

I'm sure they are busy sitting in meeting rooms and watch the sub numbers go further and further down.

Which they don't really care about, because look, we have our new shiny CM rng boxes.

CM changes and updates are the only thing that are being continuously, as in at least weekly, updated, added to, advertised on the website, twitter etc.

When are they going to learn that without actual content, cosmetics don't sell for long, as cosmetics only makes sense, if someone is playing the game, as in using content, that is continually being produced and put into the game.

Edited by Galahard

I mean they’ve been very quiet recently.

I want some gossip;

Will 6.0 be an actual EXP or not?

Will there be a lvl increase or a gear increase?

The waiting game doesn’t work when we haven’t even got anything to sink our teeth into and to get our hopes up I mean you owe us that atleast after all this time.

Heck I’d rather a KOTFE and KOTET over no content.

Rumor has it that they're ramping up to communicate better in 2018! ;)

Anything would be preferable to the nothing we've been getting...the silence is unforgivable.

Meh....

When they communicate, they get reamed by some. When they do not communicate, they get reamed by some.

They will talk when they have something to say, and until then.. people will just ream them for not talking.... but rest assured.. once they do talk.. they will get reamed anyway.

Communications has never been their strong suit here, and that part has been pretty consistent over the last 6 years in spite of the fawning and swooning some players in the forum did in volume when Keith took over as producer. Keith has been no better and no worse in my view with regards to communications.... so I think it was be prudent to stop complaining about poor communications and face the reality of this.

Personally, I do not play or not play an MMO based on how the studio communicates. If you need great communications from a studio in order to enjoy a game... you are either playing wrong, or playing the wrong game. Either adjust your expectations and/or let go and move forward and just play the game, or play an MMO where you feel better served by the studio if that is so important to you. There are MMOs out there where the studio will hold your hand and treat any perceived boo-boo you want to show them.

Rumor has it that they're ramping up to communicate better in 2018! ;)

Anything would be preferable to the nothing we've been getting...the silence is unforgivable.

You mean we're going to get a post that says, Sorry we have been able to say much because they have had their heads down working so hard on 2017 content thats coming in 2018?

Well rats.

And here I was thinking it might be about an event to get us to do old content again.

Wishful thinking my friend...nobody would be crazy enough to do all the old content and level new alts just for a few random rewards... :eek:

The silence speaks volumes, you can see the future of the game just looking at number of servers.

Its a shame as the game has so many fun elements. Hopefully it will keep going another couple years.

Totally.

What seems amazing is the mismanagement of the situation. In one of the many meetings someone has decided to ignore the player base (customers) with the desired result to drive players away; where the lack of content and lack of communication can only lead to the conclusion its pretty much over.

If its not over then there will be few people left around to notice because the way it has been handled they will have gone elsewhere. First Keith comes in and promises better communication, then he devotes a section of the Autumn Roadmap to better communication and then they neglect the game and the community. At this point there is a lack of credibility and a lack of action which seems an odd way to run things but it seems fortunate that their plan seems to be to ignore everything till they get a move to Anthem.

• Dev Post

I can confirm that no buckets have been kicked for myself, or the team :).

The team is working on getting our production plan locked down, getting the roadmap finalized (based on that locked roadmap), and preparing for 5.8. As some others have said, we try not to scoop details from the roadmap too much, so it means we will be a little on the quiet side until that goes out the door.

Fear not, I am still reading the forums every day. Keith and Charles tend to be in planning meetings a lot through Jan and Feb so you will usually see less of them around this time. I know Keith still does his best to respond to PMs and the like though!

TLDR - We're alive, working on getting that roadmap action to you as soon as we can!

-eric

Thank you for replying, it helps alleviate some of the anxiety created about the games future.

I hope behind the scenes there is something decent in store.

And I also hope you will put unstable peacemaker dualsaber direct for sale some day soon ;)

Edited by Gigabolt

I can confirm that no buckets have been kicked for myself, or the team :).

The team is working on getting our production plan locked down, getting the roadmap finalized (based on that locked roadmap), and preparing for 5.8. As some others have said, we try not to scoop details from the roadmap too much, so it means we will be a little on the quiet side until that goes out the door.

Fear not, I am still reading the forums every day. Keith and Charles tend to be in planning meetings a lot through Jan and Feb so you will usually see less of them around this time. I know Keith still does his best to respond to PMs and the like though!

TLDR - We're alive, working on getting that roadmap action to you as soon as we can!

-eric

Would it really kill you guys to make a post a day? It's been 8 days since your last post. Signs of life are a good thing Eric, even if you have nothing new to report or say...knowing you guys are still here can make a difference.