Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Euphrosyne
02.04.2018 , 09:19 AM | #9371
This isn't really "weird" so much as "the depressing normal", but I had to laugh at the individual who queued as tank with bad dps gear on, ended up in MM BH, and responded to questions asking if he had tank gear by belligerently informing everybody that they were welcome to spend another forty minutes in queue if they liked.

Y'know, as if wiping a bunch of times on the first boss would be any better.

So he left on his own initiative, we got a guild tank, and cleared it easily.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

AlrikFassbauer
02.05.2018 , 12:54 PM | #9372
I once queued with my lowbie tank (something around Level 20-30), but I never got a pop. Nowadays, I wouldn't even dare listing, because ... what if I got Blood Hunt with THAT tank of mine ? Oh, the Horror ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Khaleijo
02.05.2018 , 03:15 PM | #9373
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I once queued with my lowbie tank (something around Level 20-30), but I never got a pop. Nowadays, I wouldn't even dare listing, because ... what if I got Blood Hunt with THAT tank of mine ? Oh, the Horror ...
You simply could tick of the more difficult FPs, if you really want to tank. The daily reward for listing for all of them isn't that great in the end. At least in my opinion as you are buried in XP anyway..
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

KristoKal
02.05.2018 , 04:50 PM | #9374
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleijo View Post
You simply could tick of the more difficult FPs, if you really want to tank. The daily reward for listing for all of them isn't that great in the end. At least in my opinion as you are buried in XP anyway..
Many doing random for conquest points.

viernedeuxieme
02.07.2018 , 02:36 AM | #9375
There's just been too many people lately on Star Forge who think they can waltz into the daily raid, sign up as a tank and state 'I've never been here before'. Or worse, say nothing. I highly doubt any of them is going to read this but please, if you've never done a specific operation before, the last thing you want to do is tank it.. Just yesterday on Dread Palace I had both tanks having trouble holding aggro on just about everything, cleaving the entire raid on Tyrans, and it didn't help that my co-healer simply stood there for most of the fight, cast about 4 heals and managed to run out of mana in the process.

Don't forget about some specific very egotistical, very vocal healers in particular (so many people going on my ignore list; I think I've been traumatised out of pugs for the next month). There was one who claimed he could heal NiM Nefra with just a mainhand and totally botched it by not cleansing anything. There was another who claimed he could and had solo healed Scyva (no achievement), that he was in HM prog (might have trusted him if he said NiM), easy peasy, also botched it. Met that same healer again in Terror on an alt (should have learned my lesson), combined with one of those first-timer tanks. Said healer took the lead and gave the new tank absolutely minimal information (I mean, informing him we're going to trippy space heaven in phase 2 of the last boss would have been good, ignore all these mechanics, we can heal through it, and insisted that tanks and healers channel on Operator IX. Wipes, wipes and more wipes. There was a distinct lack of healing going on, 'I can't heal when I'm channeling!' was the response, so bloody well let the DPS channel then. Thank goodness I was not 70 and so saved on repairs.

Shoutout to the awesome chap in KP HM who let me have Karagga's pimp hat he won in a roll. I love my new aesthetic.

KristoKal
02.07.2018 , 11:03 AM | #9376
I do lot of flashpoints, but rarely get anything like in this threath, but few days ago and today was few. I main inflitration shadow and I think I do deasent job. My shadow is full 248 with 236 augments. Queued for random Veteran for conquest points and got HS, all70, slinger, another shadow, and guardian DD, all was in 230. So it was quite normal, that I got most aggro and I knew it and I am able to handle it. Weird part is when guardian DD told mo to not taunt at cooldown, told them, that so far I had not used taunt once, yes I use it to take adds off from healers or save other DD in tactical. They didnt belive, how can shadow pull from guardian, impossibel, in that point I looked better not to answer. I

Screaming_Ziva
02.10.2018 , 03:42 PM | #9377
Not GF but I joined a 16m SM TOS group today.

The group was formed and we went in. All of a sudden, the leader switches loot to master looter so "people don't get 3 of the same item". Fair enough but ML takes a while to dish out and it's just SM so whatever (I was mainly there for the achievements). We finish the first boss and the ML asks who needed the bracers. Instead of rolling, he just gives them out to the first people that said they wanted them. That seemed to irk a couple people but the leader would not take off ML.

We continued on the second boss and wiped. One of the tanks dropped immediately and someone who made a sarcastic comment about ML was then kicked by the leader.

As it turns out, the group leader put it on ML because he wanted the final deco drop because he wanted to give it to a friend for his birthday. At this point the group fell apart.

This group leader put a 16m group together, proceeded to piss most of them off with ML, and then wasted everyone's time all over a deco that was currently selling for 1 million credits on the GTN. If he ran heroics in the time it took to put the group together and the entire time we were in the op he would have been close to 1 million to just buy it for his friend.

What's even worse is that the group leader said he took a break from the game for a while due to the "toxic atmosphere" and then the first thing he does when he gets back is put together a 16m group just to ninja loot a deco.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for. Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

AlrikFassbauer
02.11.2018 , 06:25 AM | #9378
He should have been honest from the start. Then, I think, maybe people weremore willing in actually helping him. Getting something special for someone's birthday isn't that easy these days.
(Because everyone wants something special these days ...)
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Tharandil
02.13.2018 , 04:16 AM | #9379
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
As it turns out, the group leader put it on ML because he wanted the final deco drop because he wanted to give it to a friend for his birthday. At this point the group fell apart.
That's a nasty move from his part. did you all quit the group before you got the final deco? That would have been payback
If he had just been honest from the start everybody knew what they got themselves into, and I reckon he'd still be able to assemble a group.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Isaacone
02.14.2018 , 05:37 PM | #9380
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
He should have been honest from the start. Then, I think, maybe people weremore willing in actually helping him. Getting something special for someone's birthday isn't that easy these days.
(Because everyone wants something special these days ...)
Thus the <A special snowflake> legacy title is the most fitting title in this game
"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself... and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards." Kreia