Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

supertimtaf
02.04.2018 , 08:34 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Running dps jugg in ranked is certainly a one way ticket to miserableville . I gave it a decent try, but there are simply toon many classes with too many advantages compared to juggs at the moment.
Hey, you're back ! Didn't you unsub a month ago or two ?

And, well, the same can be said for a lot of class right now. Operatives are the only one in the "middle" bracket for now. They are very good, but so hard to play that it compensate a lot. That's a shame tho, either you're in the upper class or you're in the lower ones. It does seem difficult to find a middle ground for the balance team... If they're trying to do that of course. Can't say that it doesn't look like improvement is on the way, sadly.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Alec_Fortescue
02.04.2018 , 10:44 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
While my ranked experience is rather limited, given the karagga numbers I posted earlier, I do not believe skanks have the same dps potential as a dps. Damage done total / total time maybe.

If you are running a skank you can be far more valuable to your team by guard swapping, taunting, debuffing, CCing, etc, than you would be by trying to be a sucky dps. This is what I mean by "if you want to skank, given the practical uselessness of tank stats fine and squishiness of dps, fine, but learn to tank."

Sad as it sounds, if you want to dps on a good melee dps class go join the club and run a fury mara.
Pooled hatred stacks. You survive more in tank spec and end up dealing more damage as a result, too.

Lundorff
02.04.2018 , 10:57 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Hey, you're back ! Didn't you unsub a month ago or two ?

And, well, the same can be said for a lot of class right now. Operatives are the only one in the "middle" bracket for now. They are very good, but so hard to play that it compensate a lot. That's a shame tho, either you're in the upper class or you're in the lower ones. It does seem difficult to find a middle ground for the balance team... If they're trying to do that of course. Can't say that it doesn't look like improvement is on the way, sadly.
I did leave yes, and i honestly thought it was for good this time. But after ~300 matches in PUBG without a single victory, I decided to come back here heh. At least for the time being.

And i would really love play my jugg as a main, but i keep yo-yo'ing between 1250 - 1340 without making any headway. The class is fine against other juggs and pts (and of course inexperienced players), but even sorcs have far too much mobility when they know how to kite. Sniper and maras are my doom

Edit: OT, dps juggs should have close to immortal spec survivability in ranked. It's fine having a class that can not escape focus fire, but only if it also have defensive stats to match it.

Schoock
02.04.2018 , 11:33 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Edit: OT, dps juggs should have close to immortal spec survivability in ranked. It's fine having a class that can not escape focus fire, but only if it also have defensive stats to match it.
Or we could scrap the idea of these random setups and have proper matchmaking (i.e. full trinity in every ranked game), so not everything has to be made into a walking trinity.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

KendraP
02.04.2018 , 11:40 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Pooled hatred stacks. You survive more in tank spec and end up dealing more damage as a result, too.
This was literally the point of posting the karagga numbers. The greater total damage and dps is because of the greater survivability and the damage total / total time calculation.

It's basic arithmetic.

SlimeyDoom
02.04.2018 , 01:41 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
You're talking about Team Ranked, where even PTs are good as dps. In solo ranked though it is much harder to pull off this kind of gameplay effectively, apart from a few top3 I haven't seen any skank (full dps gear) able to withstand a long focus in soloq. Team ranked is very different, it has its own rules, because peoples are playing it... in team, making some class way harder to kill due to effective coordination.
Powertech dps has been strong for a very long time because AP has incredible damage and carb is a thing stupid carb. That being said, meta sniper/mara comps usually nuke powertechs since they lost 30% stun dmg reduction. Solo ranked is a glorified lottery system rife with backfilling and q syncing and no one takes it seriously

supertimtaf
02.05.2018 , 05:07 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Powertech dps has been strong for a very long time because AP has incredible damage and carb is a thing stupid carb. That being said, meta sniper/mara comps usually nuke powertechs since they lost 30% stun dmg reduction. Solo ranked is a glorified lottery system rife with backfilling and q syncing and no one takes it seriously
Can't agree more with you here.
Although it is often possible to survive a mara/sniper comp as PT in team ranked, if your tank and healer are good enough you will be able to sustain the burst damage. Just hope that you'll have another dps good enough along with you to global one of the ennemies. PT is playing a lot like that recently, if you can't global one dps right at the start then you're often screwed.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

EduardoJN
02.06.2018 , 05:01 PM | #178
What makes me sad with this game is the "rerolling FOTM factor" created from time to time.

I'm not gonna reroll another class just to stomp people more easily.

Fun thing is that a lot of the people playing FOTM (except Marauders) are there backpedaling and clicking, while using skills. This only hints me the huge skill gap between playing these classes and other ones, like DPS sins, juggs and Marauders.

I have a juggernaut as my main and I like playing it, but I have to admit that being a melee in this game has never been easy.

There's a lot of bad players that make my life less excruciating when playing pvp...but the tools for a good ranged class player are there: kiting, roots, snares, stuns, boosts, CC immunity, long range attacks, insta cast, self healing, Shields, deflecting perks...

...it's like Bioware wants you to pay for your sins by chosing to be melee.

Again: the amount of bad ppl playing makes your life a lil easier, but some situations, like one i've faced last night (2 snipers and 2 mercs) makes you regret being a melee in this game.
SATELE SHAN SERVER - If you want to support me, please consider using my referal link:

http://www.swtor.com/r/YGZSKV

TrixxieTriss
02.07.2018 , 04:09 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by EduardoJN View Post
What makes me sad with this game is the "rerolling FOTM factor" created from time to time.

I'm not gonna reroll another class just to stomp people more easily.

Fun thing is that a lot of the people playing FOTM (except Marauders) are there backpedaling and clicking, while using skills. This only hints me the huge skill gap between playing these classes and other ones, like DPS sins, juggs and Marauders.

I have a juggernaut as my main and I like playing it, but I have to admit that being a melee in this game has never been easy.

There's a lot of bad players that make my life less excruciating when playing pvp...but the tools for a good ranged class player are there: kiting, roots, snares, stuns, boosts, CC immunity, long range attacks, insta cast, self healing, Shields, deflecting perks...

...it's like Bioware wants you to pay for your sins by chosing to be melee.

Again: the amount of bad ppl playing makes your life a lil easier, but some situations, like one i've faced last night (2 snipers and 2 mercs) makes you regret being a melee in this game.
Agreed