Maintenance: January 30th, 2018

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 30th in order to apply Game Update 5.7a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 30 January 2018

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.7a

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug issues fix patch?

Hopefully they'll be fixing the one where the game thinks my Inquisitor was cheating on Andronikos with Lana/Theron/Koth and gave me a break up quest for one of them when I told Andronikos he's still my cuddle monkey.

Glad the bugs don't mess with Companions' personalities, or else Andronikos probably would have kicked me in the *** for doing someone else even though I didn't.

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 30th in order to apply Game Update 5.7a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

-eric

Offline for a patch Tuesday and the Patch notes not till Tuesday instead of the usual Monday.

I wonder what exploit is running around this time.

Edited by Quraswren

Maybe they will really fix the flashpoint Kuat Drive Yard, it still isnt working when you try to shuttle to it.

Or maybe they will fix what ever bug isnt allowing you to que for master flashpoints even though you fit the requirements.

Edited by StarfoxHoku

Maybe they will really fix the flashpoint Kuat Drive Yard, it still isnt working when you try to shuttle to it.

Or maybe they will fix what ever bug isnt allowing you to que for master flashpoints even though you fit the requirements.

KDY seems broken more than before, lol. It wouldn't even show us the cutscene, the group just stood there with checkmarks over our heads and--nothing.

Details:

HI Eric,

[in case this hasn't been pointed out umpteen times ...]

Thank you for being very clear with the start & end times (i.e. giving both PST and 24-hr GMT)!

Can I ask for the same level of rigor to the other announcements, in particular for events? ...

(1) Times are ambiguous (listing 12 am when it isn't clear if that is noon or midnight). Use 24-hr.

(2) They are inconsistent (12 am GMT is translated randomly as 4 am or 4 pm PST)

(3) Sometimes not even listed (current 2XP event only appears in patch notes, no start/end times given)

(4) They are sometimes wrong either way - people get surprised/upset when it ends "a day early"

For example, see http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

All show "12 AM GMT", 4 convert that to "4AM PST", the other two to "4PM PST"

RAKGHOUL PLAGUE OUTBREAK ON ALDERAAN

(DECEMBER 12 - 19, 2017: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4AM PST/12AM GMT)

DOUBLE REWARDS EVENT:

(DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT)

LIFE DAY EVENT

(DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 10, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4AM PST/12AM GMT)

6-YEAR ANNIVERSARY REWARDS VENDOR LIVE

(DECEMBER 12, 2017 - JANUARY 17, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4AM PST/12AM GMT)

"RELICS OF THE GREE EVENT

(DECEMBER 26, 2017 - JANUARY 2, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT)"

BOUNTY CONTRACT WEEK EVENT

(JANUARY 9 – 16, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4AM PST/12AM GMT)

Thank you!

Edited by NSevven

I'm surprised, doesn't look like there was an exploit here.

I'm guessing it was designed to stop the bots perpetually running Lady of Sorrows Clean up Quest. Scoprio was like, "Girrlllll -- get that stoopid droid HK or Theron with his amusing cranial implants to do it!" :rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I'm guessing it was designed to stop the bots perpetually running Lady of Sorrows Clean up Quest. Scoprio was like, "Girrlllll -- get that stoopid droid HK or Theron with his amusing cranial implants to do it!" :rak_03:

Dasty

I guess? I'd not heard it, but I'm a little surprised a bonus mission could really give enough rewards to merit a patch but I guess it did.

Edited by LordTurin

• Dev Post

Dasty

This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

Hey Eric,

it seesms even Bioware's own server status page does not work properly anymore, more precise not as before. I double checked this with this original server status page since our server widget on our guild website (Enjin) does not work anymore since the patch today and shows the server offline while it is in fact online. But the SWTOR server status page does not show the same as before either. It still shows up/down but no population data anymore. Something changed obviously. Any clue? Intended or not? New IP?

Original Server Status page: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Our page with server widget (worked until the patch today): http://tcf.enjin.com/

Kind regards

Frank/Nal'

Edited by Khaleg