Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
01.25.2018 , 11:48 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Obviously, dodge chance isn't going to play into a stun. And let's be honest, the reason they moved dr on stun to tank is solely because that is where the dps window happens. Are you suggesting that most burst dps happens outside of a stun? B/c that isn't true.
I am suggesting your math is mostly made up and skewed to prove a point where you could easily argue your point without inventing anything on the fly

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
01.25.2018 , 11:55 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
I am suggesting your math is mostly made up and skewed to prove a point where you could easily argue your point without inventing anything on the fly
I strongly encourage you to do the actual math and write about the specific situations along with the most common one (where jugg gets focused immediately and hard stunned/burst). You'll find what I said is pretty accurate.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.25.2018 , 11:55 AM | #43
Hey at least we're back to talking about jugg defenses rather than whatever we went off on yesterday.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.25.2018 , 11:58 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
I strongly encourage you to do the actual math and write about the specific situations along with the most common one (where jugg gets focused immediately and hard stunned/burst). You'll find what I said is pretty accurate.
This is why I've said we need some kind of anti focus.

Focused defense is great when stunned but can be rather easily out focused. Unlike mercs people don't even bother not hitting you during it any more!

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
01.25.2018 , 12:58 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
This is why I've said we need some kind of anti focus.

Focused defense is great when stunned but can be rather easily out focused. Unlike mercs people don't even bother not hitting you during it any more!
This is precisely why damage reduction and damage avoiding (dodge/resist) DCDs have an inherent advantage in most situations (1v1s being a notable exception) over healing and fake health DCDs. The former scale in value with the number of people attacking into them, the latter do not. ED melts and EP does whatever is even worse than melting. Evaporates....I guess.

And being melee just compounds that issue. I still feel the biggest boon for jugg dps would be a properly balanced merc/mara/sniper but outside of that they really need less healing and more damage reduction. Saber reflect is short and only works on some attacks and the CD on saber ward is just absurdly long relative to how not-that-good it is. I don't want to get too bogged down in specifics but an idea that I've had for a while is making that ED CD reduction utility just an immortal thing and making it reduce the CD of saber ward every time attacked for dps juggs. This would turn SW into a DCD that could be safely used as a go-to instead of one you clutch onto for the perfect moment because the CD is so long. Not very helpful in 4 dps meme solo ranked games but very helpful in regs and group ranked.

CommunityDroidEN's Avatar


CommunityDroidEN
01.25.2018 , 02:33 PM | #46 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi All,

As a general reminder on forum rules:

- Creating posts to simply inform others that you have reported their post is neither constructive, or on-topic, and is therefore considered inappropriate.

- If you'd like posts you've made removed, please report them to us at moderation with your request. We ask that you do not edit your posts to single-line responses as those posts do not add constructive content to the thread.

- Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

As always, try to remain respectful of other forum members.

Happy Posting,
CommunitySupport

giorgo's Avatar


giorgo
01.25.2018 , 04:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post

Hi All,

As a general reminder on forum rules:

- Creating posts to simply inform others that you have reported their post is neither constructive, or on-topic, and is therefore considered inappropriate.

- If you'd like posts you've made removed, please report them to us at moderation with your request. We ask that you do not edit your posts to single-line responses as those posts do not add constructive content to the thread.

- Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

As always, try to remain respectful of other forum members.

Happy Posting,
CommunitySupport
Rip Mannok .
Sorry for the off-topic but couldn't help myself there .

brishae's Avatar


brishae
01.25.2018 , 06:28 PM | #48
"after reading 2 troll nerf mara threads" stopped there. ok bud.

Imagine thinking Marauder is balanced right now.
Carthy =)

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
01.26.2018 , 01:19 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post

Hi All,

As a general reminder on forum rules:

- Creating posts to simply inform others that you have reported their post is neither constructive, or on-topic, and is therefore considered inappropriate.

- If you'd like posts you've made removed, please report them to us at moderation with your request. We ask that you do not edit your posts to single-line responses as those posts do not add constructive content to the thread.

- Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

As always, try to remain respectful of other forum members.

Happy Posting,
CommunitySupport
wow did they hire some new staff, havent seen a post like this in ages
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68010

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.26.2018 , 01:27 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
wow did they hire some new staff, havent seen a post like this in ages
They just changed the droids batteries 😉